2 year old child locks herself in SUV in North Pattaya

Rimmer

2 year old child locks herself in SUV in North Pattaya

suv-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--There was drama outside of a private school late on Wednesday night as a child became locked inside an SUV after she was left alone by her father for a matter of seconds as he left the vehicle to throw some refuse into a bin outside of a 24-hour convenience store.

Rescue Workers made their way to the front of the Sisuwit School in North Pattaya just before 10pm and determined the engine of the SUV was on and air-conditioning was working which made the incident less serious than previously thought.

The owner of the vehicle and father of the 2 year old child, Khun Saksit, gave permission for rescuers to break-into his vehicle where the child, clearly oblivious to the chaos outside of the vehicle, appeared to have fallen asleep on the front passenger seat.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127410/2-year-old-child-locks-herself-in-suv-in-north-pattaya/#sthash.BXop8jAT.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-08

I occasionally see these "news" stories from this Pattaya One News and they are always so amazingly trivial that I really can't figure out if it's a satire site. I expect to see "Man Finds Ten-baht Coin on Sidewalk" or "Dog Urinates on Tree" coming along soon.

Edited by Brevity
  • Like 1

Sorry I'm not buying his story.

When have you ever seen a Thai pull up to throw trash into a bin.

Why park the car when you can just throw the trash away when you get home?

Most likely popped into the 7-11 to do some shopping and left the kid in the car.

What would have happened if the child would have some how, got the car into gear? I guess the child wasnt worth more to him, than the trash! Just love the way parents here are so responsible.

For a two years old child it is not possible to put the car in gear accidently, as you have to press the brake at the same time you move the gear lever.

If you not press the foot brake, it is not possible to move the gear lever.

At 10pm probably the girl was sleeping and father wanted to buy something in 7eleven, he didn't want to lock the car from the outside because of the running A/C...

Daughter wakes up, daddy not there and accidently pressed the door lock button....

You live and learn. Happened to me before, but im my case it was a french bulldog who locked the car with a running engine at 7eleven.

Spare key at home, a phone call and 10 minutes later I could open the car...

Now I have a turbo timer, so I can leave the car and lock it a with a running engine.

Running motor + Air Conditioning = snoring bulldog in the backseat...

tonytigerbkk, on 09 May 2014 - 08:00, said:

Sorry I'm not buying his story.

When have you ever seen a Thai pull up to throw trash into a bin.

Why park the car when you can just throw the trash away when you get home?

Most likely popped into the 7-11 to do some shopping and left the kid in the car.

Never, normally it gets thrown out the window.