Long term overstay - help :(

And how about the missus? Where is she in all this? Not working in an apartment/house of 60K deposited? Wow! To me 60K would pay 10 months of rent if I never needed to rent...

I might be not so big earner but no doubt if I ever was in trouble my partner and/or his family would find enough cash to get me going.

I admit freely that there was an occasion that I was overstaying. It was a bit similar event of not noticing my visa to expire combined with a family problems like MIL falling sick and been taken to hospital.

I have found that my family and partner are there for help when needed. We have our problems but when trouble shows it's ugly head, they come together.

BTW, I just yesterday mentioned that it seems to be an every day thing now that a poster of a few messages appears with stories of misery and distress. I hope these "dailies" are not mass produced by someone with several nicks.

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Excellent point- even an old iPad will get a decent price- not sure where to sell. I personally hate Tuk Com- but am sure someone will buy it.

Every bit would help towards the OP' s problems.

Not sure about the situation, but if you have been living this loving longterm relationship with your partner, wouldn't it be possible for her to borrow about 20,000 b so that you could pay the fine and possibly come back?

I noticed that if Thais want money, they can get it one way or another.

You have made a mistake posting here remember it a public forum you will get the hang in high brigade soon, or the I have help old men before rubbish.

what you need to do is keep a very low profile.

get the money together 20000 baht go to airport pay fine

there is no 150 day barring or black listing that is bullshit

do not take notice of all the bullshit here

He who tries, makes no mistakes. The detractors seem to laid low so far or perhaps they have lost conciousness.

Good luck OP. Life is full of experiences and the only bad one is the one we don't learn from.

Get your deposit back from Landlord, cheap ticket to KL (no advance visa required,) go to Suvarnabhumi, pay the piper( 20,000K max)

no black stamp (they are all talking rubbish) u will get a smile though, have a good flite. can come back next day.

But keep your head down as you say until then, if get picked up on the street good chance of a black stamp & maybe deportation.

Just do it, the sooner the better

If the OP wants to "lie low" until he can sort things out then he is hoping he doesn't get asked by police on the street for his passport. In 8 years in LOS I have only been asked 1 time on the street for my passport (probably 12 years ago during my first long stay - on the footbridge at Gaysorn Plaza BKK). Obviously he does not want to be carrying his passport if he is stopped - do the BIB give an option of appearing with the passport within 24 hours? If they do - how do they enforce that/track that you have actually given them correct details of name, nationality and residence? Of course if the wife is with you and they get her ID then all bets are off.

Best advice I can give you is to get out of Pattaya and try to get back to where your Thai woman's home town is or village. Anywhere is better than Soddom & Gomorrah because the odds are against you there and you will eventually get nabbed by Thai immigration police.

Get out of Bangkok too. Try to get your woman to move to a rural area where pretty much no one cares about your status.

Once there, start going around to the local private schools and ask for a job teaching English. Don't ask for a work permit and be willing to work for reduced cash intially and any hours they can give you. Stay humble and be a friend to everyone you meet along the way. Live cheaply and save your money until your able to get on your feet again. Only then, go directly to the airport, pay the 20k fine, fly to Laos and get a new entry visa from the Thai consulate there.

After arriving back in Thailand, go back to the area you are established in and start teaching english for young Thai kids after school lets out. Believe me, Thai parents that send their kids to private, non-goverment schools love to pay for after school english classes. Eventually, with your wife's support you will become a reputable member of the local establishment and gain much respect from both the local teachers and even the local police. You will be accepted and you will make good money.

Problem solved. Btw, all this advice is based on personal experiences of my farang friends, some family, (my college aged son to be exact), and some from my personal experience.

Choke dee!

Do you ever do any writing fella? Your first post is well articulated and I know a few people who hire writers plus a few sites you can advertise on assuming you've got access to laptop and internet.

The pay isn't great but it keeps you occupied and helps save towards overstay. PM me if of interest.

• Like 1

Its also important to keep your overheads as low as possible (obviously) so It would be no good living in the normal 5,000 to 6,000 baht rooms in Pattaya.There are quite a few rooms about for around 2,500 baht a month ( Thai style ) with no balcony but a small window.My advice would be to move into one of these as soon as possible! also 100 baht a day is plenty to live on every day ( Fruit,Thai meal ) and drink plenty of water( obviously no beer or farang food! ). so you should be able to live on 6000 baht a month " all in " .

Anyway that would be my advice!

wai2.gif

• Like 1

The IDC option mentioned earlier wouldn't work, I handed myself in for a 9 month overstay, got a small fine (4-5000B), refused to pay (no money), held in police cells till fine paid off (at 200 or less per day), then had to wait another week for transport to IDC, then a week in IDC before my flight home (paid by a friend).

What's not mentioned earlier is, immigration wrote next to my exit stamp that I'm barred from entering Thailand for 10 years (that was 12 years ago), I initially thought it was just 5 years, and was in India planning to go back to Thailand, so I went to a Thai monastery and asked what the writing said, and was told I was banned for 10 years.

I still have the passport and can scan and post the page.

Why don't you and girlfriend go back to her families home and live the Thai lifestyle, until you get back up on you feet and can pay the fine and such.

You have been with her for 4 years and shit happens, I have been there and I have been helped by Thais to get back up on my feet (free living and food).

There is always a way, but all depends on how you make your money and what options you have to indeed get financially out of the fire.

You seem to be fluent in English, so why not teach English, which is the fall back employment for falangs in Thailand. I know Pattaya is a tough teaching market, but there are plenty of jobs in Bangkok. Could help carry you over until you can come up with something better. Best of luck.

I have paid maximum overstay fine twice on departure and never had mentioned to be about any risk of being barred from entering Thailand again and it is always stamped on my passport Overstay and I will be Appling soon for my fourth or fifth Multi Entry O Visa in the UK for my next long stay return visit to Thailand.

Cant your partner or her family lend you enough to get this sorted, its only 20K

Plus flight ticket.......?? If he's been here 4 years or so will have no valid return ticket.....??

The IDC option mentioned earlier wouldn't work, I handed myself in for a 9 month overstay, got a small fine (4-5000B), refused to pay (no money), held in police cells till fine paid off (at 200 or less per day), then had to wait another week for transport to IDC, then a week in IDC before my flight home (paid by a friend).

What's not mentioned earlier is, immigration wrote next to my exit stamp that I'm barred from entering Thailand for 10 years (that was 12 years ago), I initially thought it was just 5 years, and was in India planning to go back to Thailand, so I went to a Thai monastery and asked what the writing said, and was told I was banned for 10 years.

I suggest you do it.........!!

Lot of posters claim its 20,000 Baht and no problem to return..........If you scan that in it might shock more than a few, if its true of course !!

Edited by Chivas

Lot of posters claim its 20,000 Baht and no problem to return..........If you scan that in it might shock more than a few, if its true of course !!

here we go !!! overstay hater it is the LAW 20,000 and can return no problem if you want try change the law or just shut up

Best advice I can give you is to get out of Pattaya and try to get back to where your Thai woman's home town is or village. Anywhere is better than Soddom & Gomorrah because the odds are against you there and you will eventually get nabbed by Thai immigration police.

Get out of Bangkok too. Try to get your woman to move to a rural area where pretty much no one cares about your status.

Once there, start going around to the local private schools and ask for a job teaching English. Don't ask for a work permit and be willing to work for reduced cash intially and any hours they can give you. Stay humble and be a friend to everyone you meet along the way. Live cheaply and save your money until your able to get on your feet again. Only then, go directly to the airport, pay the 20k fine, fly to Laos and get a new entry visa from the Thai consulate there.

After arriving back in Thailand, go back to the area you are established in and start teaching english for young Thai kids after school lets out. Believe me, Thai parents that send their kids to private, non-goverment schools love to pay for after school english classes. Eventually, with your wife's support you will become a reputable member of the local establishment and gain much respect from both the local teachers and even the local police. You will be accepted and you will make good money.

Problem solved. Btw, all this advice is based on personal experiences of my farang friends, some family, (my college aged son to be exact), and some from my personal experience.

Choke dee!

So you recommend him to stay illegal, without visa, and even longer. And also to start working illegal as a teacher. I'm glad that he is not a teacher for my children ;)

• Like 2

His case is no where near the same as having the 20K baht and leaving from the airport. We always warn people about getting caught with an overstay which is not the same s paying the fine on departure.

He did not even have enough money to pay the reduced fine and remained in detention until it was cleared at 200 baht a day and was deported. That is why he got blacklisted.

• Like 1

here we go !!! overstay hater it is the LAW 20,000 and can return no problem if you want try change the law or just shut up

Please dont be so naive !!! There is no way of knowing for sure what sanctions can be applied....... TIT remember........Now if you had actually read what I posted I suggested to the other Guy to scan up his 10 year sanction, and I also added "if its true"........

Read before making yourself appear stupid......

So you recommend him to stay illegal, without visa, and even longer. And also to start working illegal as a teacher. I'm glad that he is not a teacher for my children wink.png

what difference does it make if he is illegal or not as a teacher, there is plenty out there, what is he going to teach them, how to overstay, get a life, if you do not have any helpful to say do not post

Edited by MikeandDow

Please dont be so naive !!! There is no way of knowing for sure what sanctions can be applied....... TIT remember........Now if you had actually read what I posted I suggested to the other Guy to scan up his 10 year sanction, and I also added "if its true"........

Read before making yourself appear stupid......

afraid I do not hate like you do

• Like 1

Surely not every case.

And 12 years ago too.

Not its not and far from it..........What pishes me off is the blind following the blind in saying pay your 20,000 Baht and you can come back tomorrow.......... It clearly is not correct in every case but what it does, is give this false sense of security that 20,000 Baht cures all problems. The Guy linked to me on FB is lifetime banned from Thailand albeit he overstayed 8 years (!!) but he likewise was under the impression 20k was the Penalty.

Incidentally change of passport didnt work for him. Assume Passports are linked on all immigration systems now ??

So you recommend him to stay illegal, without visa, and even longer. And also to start working illegal as a teacher. I'm glad that he is not a teacher for my children wink.png

what difference does it make if he is illegal or not as a teacher, there is plenty out there, what is he going to teach them, how to overstay, get a life, if you do not have any helpful to say do not post
It makes a huge difference to the children. Who likes to have someone who is not a teacher but just a illegal overstayer and illegal worker to teach your kids. Not me, I like to have a real legal teacher that cares about teaching and the kids.

If you don't have any good and legal solution to the problem, don't post

Edited by larsjohnsson
  • Like 1

It makes a huge difference to the children. Who likes to have someone who is not a teacher but just a illegal overstayer and illegal worker to tea3ch your kids. Not me, I like to have a real legal teacher that cares about teaching and the kids.

well go some where else, because there is a lot of English teachers out there, yanks , Irish, Swedish ect teaching English, its funny to hear them with the different accents, I wonder how they spell because the yanks spell different to the correct English, would like to know HOW you check they are legal, do you go and check they degree, would love you to come to me to check my degree, I think you would know what I would say.