NACC indicts Yingluck, asks Senate to impeach her as PM

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And PTP in whatever guise will still win the next election.

Simply my opinion, as they will have little opposition from the Dems who have lost all credibility and in effect united the "reds" .

What other opposition will the PTP have?

The silent majority who wakes up.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

Stupid boy. Grow a brain.

After reading the anti government gloating here, I have come up with the solution to all Thailands problems. Just adjust the constitution a bit more and have a one party state, yellow shirt of course' then the yellow shirt staff errr supporters will be happy when they win the election and won't cause any trouble. No need to meddle with the courts, they are yellow shirt already. The majority of Thais who don't support the yellow shirts can shut up or get shot. Are we all agreed? Good, let's do it, oh look it's already happening.

Well, that was the system in the good ol´ days that the Aristocracy and their farang sympathizers hanker for.

• Like 1

I like it...

But....but.... Suthep, Abhisit..........what about their crimes of genocide?facepalm.gif

No No! They don't go to court, only elected officials doing their job go to court, please pay attention.

TIT, the hub of broken democracy.

Impeach her? She's gone already.

She is gone, but still needs to be punished. I'm guessing she will get a fine of around 600 billion(or however much it is found that her clan have stolen from the Thai people) and with any luck a lengthy prison sentence to deter any future politician from emptying the state's coffers to enrich their family in such an arrogant and blatant manner. Fair is fair.

I must have missed something here, could you post some links to irrefutable proof of her "emptying the state's coffers to enrich their family in such an arrogant and blatant manner" if you please?

good lets get rid of all nasty evil corrupt shin clan one down and a few to go.

Worst lot I've seen in over 30 + years here and before anyone says others are also corrupt no way as greedy or nasty as this lot. Before it as a straight 10% but Taksin and his lot got over greedy. And don't say its not corrupt in west its just more hidden and worse in many ways. Directorships for MP s cushy jobs in UN etc for many jobs for boys and lucrative speaking tours etc make normal corruption here tame by comparison. Before its more like a tip and idd not need to be paid even for contracts. Taksin went way over top and his lot and him have and are bleeding country dry.

Here's where it all comes crashing down, thanks to the recent senate elections.

The coup clowns don't have the required 3/5 of the senate vote.

There will be no impeachment.

With the Senate being 49% appointed by the Ammart the numbers are very close with slightly more than 60% favouring the old-guard.

Thailand needs reform and the first reform should be an elected senate.

No, Thailand' senate should be 100% appointed as is Canada's.

As is Britains House of Lords, the equivalent 2nd chamber...

Really?

Unlike the elected House of Commons, most new members of the House of Lords are appointed.[4] Membership of the House of Lords is made up of Lords Spiritual and Lords Temporal. There are currently 26 Lords Spiritual who sit in the Lords by virtue of their ecclesiastical role in the established Church of England.[5] The Lords Temporal make up the rest of the membership; of these, the majority are life peers who are appointed by the Monarch on the advice of the Prime Minister, or on the advice of the House of Lords Appointments Commission.[6]

WHAT??? Banned for 5 years, well wooptidoo. Where I come from, if you are guilty of corruption while in office you can kiss your political career goodbye forever and will probably face criminal charges and jail time. This is oretty soft..really. Especially for a country that has been claiming that Thaksin's family has been controlling the gov't since what, 2001 is it? I say, if your brother is found of such corruption then you shouldn't be allowed either. Too much risk for such an important job that affects so many people. And that should be a lifetime ban. I don't care what color you are. if you are corrupt, you are corrupt and shouldn't be allowed back in to politics at all and neither should your family. I guess that would make too much sense though.

• Like 1

I hope they thought about freezing her bank accounts before they removed her. Could be lot DHL parcels departing to her brothers address me thinks.

My Mrs tells me that the gossip amongst Thais is that she removed her dosh a while back, when things started to kick off ...

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

yes there are claims . they are made by you and your fellow red/ptp lovers as they cannot stand the fact that the courts have ruled against your heroes. Dont worry as only those with tiny brains and no real intelligence think like this, everyone else in Thailand realizes that the courts have made the correct assesment and decision but I am sure all the reds will get their guns/m79's etc and show everyone how democratic they are and of course all their appologists in here will defend their violence once again, pathetic

Oh please! we're not all stupid you know! You can roll out that cobblers to your anti-democracy reactionary right wing rabble retards, but to those of us who believe in democracy, you're just pishing against the wind!

• Like 2

Its sad when a country and the government of a country have fallen to this all time low and you smart asses on here with your derogatory comments who have really nothing to do with Thai government should stand back and take a good look at the antics of the governments in your own countries and as I always say if you don't like it in Thailand if the government is bothering you that much GO HOME.

• Like 1

Wow! A lot of cheer & happiness from the yellow cheer-leading squad. Have your days of gloating because you know you've only got until the next election to enjoy this. After that another Thaksin party will be in power & you will be back to whinging, whining and watching the perennial loser Dems throwing their toys out of the opposition benches.

You may be right and I suspect that a potential PTP candidate for Prime Minister might well be Yingluck's older sister. However, some on this forum seem to believe that PTP/UDD are more united because of recent events and that the Democrats and their supporters are falling off a political cliff. In reality, I'm not sure that this is the case.

During the recent election campaign I witnessed first hand the subtle and not so subtle persuasion techniques employed by local PTP/UDD activists. My extended family, natural long-term supporters of PTP in its various guises, had initially decided not to canvass on behalf of their local PTP candidate. Unfortunately making their intentions 'public' was not a good idea. In the end, they waved the Red Flag, decided against joining the farmers march to Bangkok and promised to vote for the candidate who 'best represented their interests and security'.

That is just 40 people out of 40 million voters, but I'm sure it's not an isolated case. I'll probably never know how they actually voted on the day, but this I know for sure. In future elections they will remain politically silent and while they'll probably never vote 'Democrat', they'll certainly never vote for any Candidate or Party who wears the scent of Shinawatra.

As a side not, they're still waiting for their free cow, car scheme rebate and payment for their rice.

• Like 1

Iin answer to pookiki

I cannot vote in elections so why should I fear them?

Please tell me what your verdict is on the success of the populist policies such as the rice scam, tablets fiasco, 1st car buying joke and first house buying debacle!! Do you think that such immoral and unethical policies should have a place in politics purely to garner votes and not to benefit people?

Refreshing to know that you don't fear elections. Your post referred to refusing to allow parties to include populist policies in their party platforms. This is clearly a restriction on freedom of speech and freedom of association. However you feel about the alleged 'populist' policies of this government is your business. Hopefully, the Thai people will have the final say at the ballot box. Any you don't have to increase the font size of your posts to make a point. By the way, an interesting analogy to what you consider 'populist' was recently considered by the US Supreme Court when it ruled on Obamacare. In deciding that the program was constitutional, the Courts Chief Justice said that it was not in the courts realm to protect the people against what some considered to be political 'mistakes' or mismanagement. Let the Thai people decide if they think the actions of the government are as unethical and immoral as you believe they are.

serious question...why do you fear reform?

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

I missed all the details of the announcement, but I was led to believe she was ousted not for her "failure to stop" corruption, but for being part of it, sacking someone inappropriately and appointing a relative instead - corruption in almost any civilised country, and probably in Cambodia as well.

Was I misinformed?

She is gone, but still needs to be punished. I'm guessing she will get a fine of around 600 billion(or however much it is found that her clan have stolen from the Thai people) and with any luck a lengthy prison sentence to deter any future politician from emptying the state's coffers to enrich their family in such an arrogant and blatant manner. Fair is fair.

name me ONE SENATE...ONE UPPER HOUSE THAT IS ...ANYWHERE in the world that is TRULY democratically elected ... (voting alone with paid money or party appointed nominees doesn't count). DEMOCRATICALLY I SAID..

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Australia I would posit.

Proportional representation by state, guaranteeing that no one state has more power than any other.

The election is on a different schedule than the legislature as well.

While Australia has its share of corruption, election corruption is quite rare.

The former PM Ms. Julia Gillard has been called before a Royal Commission where she will need to explain her signature appearing on documents (penned in her former job as a lawyer) directly linked to trade union corruption. In all likelihood she will be indicted and convicted, as will a large number of labour union officials.

You see, being a women in politics is not carte blanche to be incompetent and/or corrupt.

YL and soon JG will also find out.

But as I said, the upper house in Australia is about as democratically elected as it can be.

Jail for what?

Thumping the Democrats in an election?

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

Corruption under the tutelage of her brother.

PS are you suggesting she is cleaner than Thaksin?

Not only is she cleaner than Thaksin, it follows that she is also cleaner than all those who Thaksin is cleaner than which is every single PM in the the conga line of unelected corrupt military backed individuals that preceded him and then throw in Abhisit and the other 2006 coup fool Surayad(?).

How can she be cleaner than her criminal fugitive brother and controller? Give it a rest.

I think someone mentioned that is appears to the casual observer that she showers quite often :D

Iin answer to pookiki

Please tell me what your verdict is on the success of the populist policies such as the rice scam, tablets fiasco, 1st car buying joke and first house buying debacle!! Do you think that such immoral and unethical policies should have a place in politics purely to garner votes and not to benefit people?

Your comment is full of drama queen hyperbole. The programs were neither immoral nor unethical. All of the programs were similar to what we have seen in other countries such as the cash for clunkers in the USA, the green car incentive programs in Canada and the USA. The rice program is fraction of the size of the wide scale agricultural subsidy programs in India, Vietnam, USA and EU.

Unfortunately, the farmers in my family circle are yet to see any payment and I think they have begun to realise that they have collectively taken a stiff one straight up their anal orifices. Whether they are astute enough to recognise the cause of their rectal pain, and collectively do something about it when the opportunity is presented to them, is another matter.

Few agricultural policies in the world have failed on such a gargantuan scale, with such corruption. Agricultural subsidy programs are intended to redistribute wealth (lose money) by helping farmers to produce and generate wealth (and food incidentally). The net social effect being deemed worth the cost. I fail to see any positive social outcome for the rice pledging scheme, nor do I perceive any similarities between it and other agricultural subsidy schemes from other countries,

• Like 1

Iin answer to pookiki

Refreshing to know that you don't fear elections. Your post referred to refusing to allow parties to include populist policies in their party platforms. This is clearly a restriction on freedom of speech and freedom of association. However you feel about the alleged 'populist' policies of this government is your business. Hopefully, the Thai people will have the final say at the ballot box. Any you don't have to increase the font size of your posts to make a point. By the way, an interesting analogy to what you consider 'populist' was recently considered by the US Supreme Court when it ruled on Obamacare. In deciding that the program was constitutional, the Courts Chief Justice said that it was not in the courts realm to protect the people against what some considered to be political 'mistakes' or mismanagement. Let the Thai people decide if they think the actions of the government are as unethical and immoral as you believe they are.

Having read the SCOTUS verdict, let it be said that the CJ demonstrated daring duality.

Can you back up that claim with specific verifiable facts? What has been acquired? How exactly was it acquired? What proof do you have?

I don't know why I bother reading the posts on this forum. It is just a series of pointless, regurgitation of unsubstantiated hearsay, just for the sake of demonizing and scapegoating without any reference to facts - substantiated facts.

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

I missed all the details of the announcement, but I was led to believe she was ousted not for her "failure to stop" corruption, but for being part of it, sacking someone inappropriately and appointing a relative instead - corruption in almost any civilised country, and probably in Cambodia as well.

Was I misinformed?

I believe you were missinformed.

Two cases.

1. The constitutional court has found her guilty of promoting 3 people. The head of the NSC was promoted to government advisor. (he was the one who refused to work with anybody who was "part of the Taksin regime")

The chief of police was promoted to head of the NSC and the brother inlaw of Thacksin's ex-wife was promoted to chief of police.

The constitution court ruled that she could not do this as one of the people promoted was associated with her family.

Case 2. The NACC could not prove that there had been any coruption in the rice scheme but decided that there was enough evidence to indict Yinluck for not stopping the claimed corruption. There has been no findings in this case yet. The senate will now hear the evidence and decide whether to impeach her. She cannot serve in any government until the case is heard by the senate. The NACC moved very quickly (for Thailand) in this case, now expect the Senate to move very slowly so as to leave Yinluck in limbo for as long as possible

Iin answer to pookiki

Your comment is full of drama queen hyperbole. The programs were neither immoral nor unethical. All of the programs were similar to what we have seen in other countries such as the cash for clunkers in the USA, the green car incentive programs in Canada and the USA. The rice program is fraction of the size of the wide scale agricultural subsidy programs in India, Vietnam, USA and EU.

Unfortunately, the farmers in my family circle are yet to see any payment and I think they have begun to realise that they have collectively taken a stiff one straight up their anal orifices. Whether they are astute enough to recognise the cause of their rectal pain, and collectively do something about it when the opportunity is presented to them, is another matter.

Few agricultural policies in the world have failed on such a gargantuan scale, with such corruption. Agricultural subsidy programs are intended to redistribute wealth (lose money) by helping farmers to produce and generate wealth (and food incidentally). The net social effect being deemed worth the cost. I fail to see any positive social outcome for the rice pledging scheme, nor do I perceive any similarities between it and other agricultural subsidy schemes from other countries,

Oh Dear! The farmers in your family circle are telling you that they have had no rice payments for the whole 3 years of the scheme? I wonder whose orifice is being shafted. Do they have a few sick buffs for you as well?

I doubt that a five year ban would be a punishment for Khun Yingluck. She is probably celebrating her release from the clutches of Dr Evil in Dubai. Impeachment, five year ban from politcs.shopplng spree versus exoneration, back to pariiament and the bidding of Dr Evil. I think we all know, deep down, which this lady would prefer. No excuses but perhaps she is in fact a victim of sorts in all this.

Stupid boy. Grow a brain.

oh the irony, from a response that sounds like its written by a 6 year oldrolleyes.gif