Surapong still active as Deputy PM, eyes judicial reform after poll

webfact

why are these goons still calling themselves DPM's when they were removed from office by the court on Wed

Not sure.

Why is Suthep claiming he represents "the great masses of the people" when all he has is a few paid thugs and a handful of old grannies behind him?

T.I.T.

Pipkins, is that you?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable!! It is time for the Army to arrest all the PTP for over throwing the Country. First it was Charlerm then the PTP telling the Court does not have authority and they are just going to ignore it, Then it is Surapong saying he is not going and even saying he is still representing Thailand at the Summit? Under what authority??

I think they may be using the authority gained by being the elected government, the same authority they will have after the next election. And the next. And th......

You may not have noticed byt the former PM Yingluck dissolved parliament and it has ended up with a caretaker government which in reality has NO power at all. In addition the said ex PM and 9 Ministers have been impeached as have as much authority in running the country as a box of rocks. One thing they ALL swore to in front of the King was to uphold ALL the laws of Thailand and not just the ones they liked.

Suthep is dictator through and through ... there will be no freedom under his rule and you'd be pretty naive to believe there would be

Well, then it's a darn good thing no one is proposing to make him a ruler!

Being elected is democracy .... you don't like it called that if you are the minority .... quit telling the people what they must have and ask them what they want at an election ... THAT is democracy

Sadly, no. Elections are just one part of democracy. Until people can campaign in all parts of Thailand, there will never be free and fair elections.

why are these goons still calling themselves DPM's when they were removed from office by the court on Wed

Not sure.

Why is Suthep claiming he represents "the great masses of the people" when all he has is a few paid thugs and a handful of old grannies behind him?

T.I.T.

Pipkins, is that you?
Pipkins was very funny, always ranting how Suthep only had a handful of supporters yet forgetting how many donated money to him on the streets, how many state enterprise and civil servants welcomed him, plus the millions watching Blue Sky's live coverage of his speeches.

One thing is for sure-Suthep could certainly write a 'Walking tours of Bangkok' guidebook, he's certainly covered a good many kilometres the last 6 months, saved a lot on taxi fares.

This new poster, Torkmada, is entertaining too, yesterday he claimed Thaksin was the cleanest PM over the last 25 years!!! 55555 I think he forgot Mr Chuan Leekpai, ( Suthep and the land scandal sor bor kor is not connected to Mr Chuan personally).

If he want to eradicate corruption in the country he should just fade away into obscurity (together with the rest of the Shin clan).

If you think corruption is only from the Shin clan in this country, then I really feel sorry for you. coffee1.gif

No, but they seems to have mastered it.

Fair enough, but when you say eradicate I may have taken it literally smile.png

Unblievable, a select few hold 2 titles/positions, the judical decisions were4 directed at 1, thus they are proclaiming that they are entitled/bound to continue in a official position in the remaining caretaker government.

This attitude/thinking, goes a long way in showing the Thai people and the world what the real threat is in this part of the world, when the word democracy is bandied around.

Someone needs to round up the lot of those who were affected, explain, what termination of employment means, ban them from all government premises and then give them a choice of fading away quietly, or going to jail post haste with no provision for bale.

Sometimes a swat on the hand is not enough, some call the alternative tough love, but we called it a out behind the barn arse whipping, as the rest of the family kept accepting excuses.

Not so unbelievable where a convicted fugitive ex-cop can still call himself Pol Lt. Col.

• Like 1

Unblievable, a select few hold 2 titles/positions, the judical decisions were4 directed at 1, thus they are proclaiming that they are entitled/bound to continue in a official position in the remaining caretaker government.

This attitude/thinking, goes a long way in showing the Thai people and the world what the real threat is in this part of the world, when the word democracy is bandied around.

Someone needs to round up the lot of those who were affected, explain, what termination of employment means, ban them from all government premises and then give them a choice of fading away quietly, or going to jail post haste with no provision for bale.

Sometimes a swat on the hand is not enough, some call the alternative tough love, but we called it a out behind the barn arse whipping, as the rest of the family kept accepting excuses.

Not so unbelievable where a convicted fugitive ex-cop can still call himself Pol Lt. Col.

and "govern" the country by proxy while living in a sandpit...

and "govern" the country by proxy while living in a sandpit...

At least Brian Wilson wrote some good songs whilst living in his sandpit. wink.png

OK, I admit it, Thai politics has finally got the better of me. Surapong is booted out of his post as Caretaker Foreign Minister for malpractice and now he thinks he should travel abroad as the Acting Caretaker Prime Minister's water carrier. Don't they realise the rest of ASEAN are already sniggering as Thailand stews in it's own cock up with having them burst out laughing too.

It could almost be a scene from Star Trek.......

"It's politics, Jim, but not as we know it."

"No, Doctor. It is completely illogical."

Beam me up, somebody. Please!

Edited by bigbamboo

When PTP or whatever it's new name will be after the next court case win the next election. Thailand will get the reforms it needs. Make the courts independant. Make the senate elected. Stop the Ammart coruption and let the Thai people be free.

That would be nice - real courts, fair and impartial judicial system, effective professional law enforcement. Now wake up, open your eyes, and remember TIT.

Do you think PTP are interested in reforms to deliver real justice and law? Or merely reforms that will allow then to operate untouched, above and beyond the law?

Just look at their behavior over the last 3 years - the answer is very obvious.

This guy has no authority to decide which bits of the rulings apply in what ways to himself - but that won't stop him trying.

OK, I admit it, Thai politics has finally got the better of me. Surapong is booted out of his post as Caretaker Foreign Minister for malpractice and now he thinks he should travel abroad as the Acting Caretaker Prime Minister's water carrier. Don't they realise the rest of ASEAN are already sniggering as Thailand stews in it's own cock up with having them burst out laughing too.

It could almost be a scene from Star Trek.......

"It's politics, Jim, but not as we know it."

"No, Doctor. It is completely illogical."

Beam me up, somebody. Please!

Indeed. He wants to go and explain everything to ASEAN. The truth according Surapong........................... now there's an oxymoron!

Astonishing. He's been thrown out - but like Chalerm, he's trying to cling on. Pheu Thai - the party that refuses to budge, even if the courts rule they should.

" The ex-Foreign Minister pointed out that it would be a shame if no representatives from Thailand took part in the approaching ASEAN Summit, given the country would lose the opportunity to clarify the domestic situation to other members. "

That's going to require some clarification.

" If the July 20 general election could be organized as planned, Mr Surapong said the first thing he would propose to his party was the reformation of the judicial system in parallel with the political system. He claimed the move would help eradicate corruption in the country. "

Oh, goodie. We're back to square one and Thaksin's " reform " of the judicial system. And we know exactly what that entails. All we have to do is attend a UDD rally. The " reform " of the judicial system is one of their most unctuous battle cries. One wonders if the " eradication of corruption " was part of Pheu Thai's amnesty bill that pardoned Thaksin and over 25,000 other people convicted of corruption.

Thaksin has already made clear that he wants to reform the judiciary by, among other things, eliminating the CC and the Administrative Courts. He would also eliminate or drastically curb the powers of the NACC. At the same time he claims to revere the 1997 Constitution that created those courts and the independent agencies in their present form . There was an anti-corruption agency before that but it had no teeth at all.

• Like 1

Is this guy real, a weak defence of a man who abused his powers to give his boss the convicted fugitive back a new passport,,,, as for being the elected government, if they don't learn to abide by and respect the laws of the land they will surely fall again, and the next time,and the next time,,,,,

Dr Bruce"

I think they may be using the authority gained by being the elected government, the same authority they will have after the next election. And the next. And th......

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unless Thailand reforms the courts and has a fair constitution, you may be correct.

The only question is. How long will the people of Thailand put up with losing every elected government to the Bangkok bully boys.

I have an alternative idea. How about...if the elected government decides to and actually does follow the rule of law. You're forgetting one small detail in your summary: No factual court decision has been analysed to be incorrect. You can disagree with the law, but it certainly does NOT mean I just ignore any law I don't agree with without consequences.

Welcome to reality Doc. It sucks for some I know. Perhaps you can write yourself a prescription and continue your one-sided fantasy a while longer.

• Like 1

Unbelievable!! It is time for the Army to arrest all the PTP for over throwing the Country. First it was Charlerm then the PTP telling the Court does not have authority and they are just going to ignore it, Then it is Surapong saying he is not going and even saying he is still representing Thailand at the Summit? Under what authority??

You may not have noticed byt the former PM Yingluck dissolved parliament and it has ended up with a caretaker government which in reality has NO power at all. In addition the said ex PM and 9 Ministers have been impeached as have as much authority in running the country as a box of rocks. One thing they ALL swore to in front of the King was to uphold ALL the laws of Thailand and not just the ones they liked.

"red villages" don't need elections. They already know that their votes will go to PTP. Because if they don't they would have a few surprises for your family with some offers you cannot refuse. So don't waste taxpayer money and forget about actual voting in red villages. Just tick off the PTP and go do your democracy-thing somewhere else.

Jeez. U guys don't understand Thai democracy at all!

• Like 1