Russian Woman found dead at Central Pattaya Apartment

webfact

Russian Woman found dead at Central Pattaya Apartment

condo-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday afternoon the body of a 63 year old Russian woman was found inside her rented apartment in Central Pattaya.

Police and medics made their way to the 4th floor room at Building C of the Niran Grand Condo complex. Lying on the floor at the entrance to the balcony was the body of Miss Tatiana Schmykova and it was estimated by Police that she had been dead for approximately 5 to 6 days.

Around the room were many empty bottles of beer and Thai Whisky, some of them were smashed on the floor. A head wound was seen on the victim, who rented the room approximately 1 year ago, and Police currently suspect she may have fallen, possibly due to being intoxicated and subsequently failed to regain consciousness after hitting her head on the floor tiles.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127543/russian-woman-found-dead-at-central-pattaya-apartment/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-09

The typical tile floors here are clearly a hazard to those with mobility problems, elderly, drunken people, etc. A sad way to go for this lady from the great land of Russia, but at least she was hopefully enjoying some time in the tropics before this sad event.

• Like 2

I knew this chubby lady although I had little contact with her. She was pleasant, didn't frequent the condo bars, and seemed to be mainly on her own, although she often had a friendly word with the various business ladies at the Condo.

The apartments are small, and it's easy to trip over things left on the floor. A real shame it had to end with no-one checking up on her. That's why I choose to live with someone - Thailand condo living is not the safest on your own.

Why did she fall and wound her head...why not her elbow...or hip...or another other part of her body...just saying...

In this case the conspiracy theories are well off the radar - see my comments above. If she hadn't hit her head, it wouldn't be in the news, would it?

At no time did I see her have an argument, she seemed to be carefree and enjoying her stay. I concede it is possible that there was foul play, but I doubt it. Just an accident, unfortunately.

When one falls, the natural tendency is to stretch your arms and catch your fall.

It is very difficult to trip and fall that hard on your head even when you are

drunk. She must have been either unconscious already, or may be she got hit on

the head before falling ...

Something doesn't sound right here ....

luudee

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Broken bottles on the floor and a head wound but police already suspect she fell down drunk. Did they even consider that there may have be some sort of altercation in the apartment. Do a thorough investigation first.

Something fishy about this story, time for some serious investigation from the TV desktop detectives coffee1.gif

It was the fifth of Thai whiskey that did her old broad drank to must of passout hit head on floor could be sucide old russian woman not getting any from anyone. Rest in peace hope she owed Russian loan sharks a bundle.

It’s only another foreigner that has died not important news in Thailand if it had been a wealthy Thai that had died in these circumstances there would have been a big song and dance about it and the only thing you would see on the news. RIP to Miss Tatiana Schmykova and condolences to your friends and family.

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessary comment

Broken bottles on the floor and a head wound but police already suspect she fell down drunk. Did they even consider that there may have be some sort of altercation in the apartment. Do a thorough investigation first.

Looking at the photo of the broken bottle, it appears to have been gripped at the bottom end and the top part smashed against something causing the top the break off, maybe used as a weapon to stab or cut. No need to be a Sherlock Holmes to guess this one.

But of course, we all know that foreigners are never murdered in Thailand, they all die either by accident, by drinking too much or over doses of drugs or it`s a suicide.

Case closed.

post-110219-0-02261500-1399618810_thumb.

Plenty more like her out there, they are arriving in their droves. Lonely had a hard life , drinking on their own, hoping for a new start , better life, meeting new people.

Well the last one could be a problem if you can't communicate, anyhow she did'nt deserve this, no one called to check on her, dead five or six days.

Pattaya's expat community of old shows no comparisons to what it has become today, brace yourselves for more of the same.

Why did she fall and wound her head...why not her elbow...or hip...or another other part of her body...just saying...

Thailand, they always do...or fall down from balcony xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

The typical tile floors here are clearly a hazard to those with mobility problems, elderly, drunken people, etc. A sad way to go for this lady from the great land of Russia, but at least she was hopefully enjoying some time in the tropics before this sad event.

Come along young man, 63 is not 'elderly' - I hope !

Sorry but this case is already closed, in my mind, at least. Does anyone think the BIB will do any forensic testing for evidence of foul play; not a chance. RIP lady

Come along young man, 63 is not 'elderly' - I hope !

Sorry but this case is already closed, in my mind, at least. Does anyone think the BIB will do any forensic testing for evidence of foul play; not a chance. RIP lady

Unlikely, and unlikely there will be a Post Mortem examination to establish if the lady had a serious health condition that led to her death.