Koh Kred anybody been there?

It's a great day trip up the river. There are no cars on the island, but you can rent a bicycle to get around very easily. I am planning to go again soon to buy some pottery for a new business.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

Koh Kred is a nice day trip, but can get very crowded on weekends.

Make sure of boat times, as the last one is a bit earlier than most, as far as I recall.

Cycling is nice, no scams/hustle. Shopping for pottery is overrated, more like a tourist trap.

I think there are a couple of backpacker style guesthouses/home-stays on the island itself.

Well yes, Koh Kret is crowded in week ends, as is only in the week ends every thing/shop is open there.

Have many good place to eat there, have a boat trip around Koh Kret where you get to see a few things, like the desert factory and so on, the boat trip "can" change from trip to trip as what you going to see.

But the Desert factory is all ways on that trip.

And one side of Koh Kret you can take boat over and see a big temple (beside temple at Koh Kret) i see a lot of Thai do that.

I be there many times, as i live 10 min away from Koh Kret.

A tip, if take bus 166 from victory monument to Pakkret it is short walk to the boat like 2 min. Don´t pay tuk tuk or motorbike taxi 100 baht or more.

A tip more, DON´T buy the 300 baht ticket to get over the river, that people like to sell at Pakkret. Or at the river before you getting to the boat, as it only cost 2 baht pr person. You pay when you get over there. And pay over there before go back to Pakkret.

Kindly.

• Like 2

The wife and I went there about six years ago - took the Chao Phraya Express up to Nonthaburi and then hired a small longtail there for the afternoon. I think we paid 600 baht, and the guy took us over to Koh Kret and waited while we wandered for an hour or two, then round to the dessert place close to where there's an airplane parked in a field (<deleted>?) and then on to a couple of other places. I guess we had the boat for about four hours. It was a really nice afternoon, and we enjoyed it immensely. And although it seemed like a lot to pay for the boat, it was great to have that flexibility of being able to go where we liked when we liked. Definitely recommended if you're at a loose end in Bangkok one day. Very peaceful, very serene.