Blue Sky ? In case you missed it

Gonzo the Face

I was looking forward to seeing Saturn tonight with a clear sky.....

And now another storm, clouds and black sky.

If you didn't read it earlier in the week, tonight from 7pm for10hrs saturn, earth and the sun are in direct alignment and its the closest we will be to the planet.

Will be in south west, near libra constellation appearing as a yellow star.

Looks like we will have to wait for next time around may 25th 2015

I was looking forward to seeing Saturn tonight with a clear sky.....

And now another storm, clouds and black sky.

If you didn't read it earlier in the week, tonight from 7pm for10hrs saturn, earth and the sun are in direct alignment and its the closest we will be to the planet.

Will be in south west, near libra constellation appearing as a yellow star.

Looks like we will have to wait for next time around may 25th 2015

The storm was great smile.png

Agree 100% D-2

If fact it is such a beautiful sky that I have moved from my office to one of my outside tables. Greatest weather, great temp, gentle breeze, and spectacular sky. Laptop works perfect with wifi and I have another table {office space} or two available for anyone in need of a great office.

G

Last night when walking my dogs, the clear sky and stars were wonderful.

All this outpouring of appreciation of the beauty around us reminds me of a New Year's message I sent to friends and family that I'd like to share here, if you indulge me:

I lecture my kids a lot. I know because they tell me so.

In my defense, I'd like to say that the rules I wish them to abide by are simple and that my lectures are just variations on three elementary themes:

Be Alert

Be Kind

Be Brave

Of the above, alertness has been more on my mind lately.

Often, when leaving a restaurant or mall with my family, I'd take a deliberately circuitous route back to the car and they would mindlessly follow as I mischievously zigged and zagged my way all over the parking lot. They had not taken note of where we'd parked or that I was leading them in circles. When they discover the ruse, they complain that I'm wasting time and I enjoin them to be more alert.

But alertness isn't just about remembering where we parked or to avoid mindlessly following the guy in front, or even about dangers to watch out for, though all that is important. Alertness is also about noticing the beauty and hilarity that surrounds us, attentiveness to others' needs and feelings as well as being aware of our own motivations and weaknesses and strengths. These are some of the alertness issues I've been working on when lecturing my kids.

There's a a dog park where my kids and I take our dogs. Once I showed my daughter how our dog would urinate right over the area where another dog had just done so, and how the other dog, seeing this, would return to urinate over that and how this would go on till one of the dogs ran out of urine. A real pissing contest. My daughter volunteers for a dog shelter and had actually seen this without ever really noticing it or the hilarity of it. "That's because you're not alert," I said.

So, be alert you never know what you might miss.

Have a Happy (and alert) New Year.

T