Forgotten to do my 90 day report 3 times in a row

Try using a calendar! Works wonders!

Agreed. I use Google calendar to remind that my report date is due within the next few days. It's unlikely that I'll forget my next date as it is due on my birthday next month!

Alan

i have a good 90 day story - been here 14 years - but i always write down on a calendar at home and at work... but yes if you go out then you get to refigure the 90 from date back in - about 8 years ago i was late 40 days - first time - thought it was 200 bt per day late fee...( i think it is 200bt per day up to 2 thou max - now 5 thou max? yikes..) so I take 8000 bt out and drive down to the old imm building off Sathorn and shown up right a 1 pm with my 8 thou in my wallet... the lady didn't even look at the overdue date and gave me the new slip... was I ever happy.... 5 5 5

but yes - have to jot down the day asap when back in or if you are out a lot you can get the 90 days screwed up real quick...

i have a good 90 day story - been here 14 years - but i always write down on a calendar at home and at work... but yes if you go out then you get to refigure the 90 from date back in - about 8 years ago i was late 40 days - first time - thought it was 200 bt per day late fee...( i think it is 200bt per day up to 2 thou max - now 5 thou max? yikes..) so I take 8000 bt out and drive down to the old imm building off Sathorn and shown up right a 1 pm with my 8 thou in my wallet... the lady didn't even look at the overdue date and gave me the new slip... was I ever happy.... 5 5 5

but yes - have to jot down the day asap when back in or if you are out a lot you can get the 90 days screwed up real quick...

You were probably confusing overstay with late 90 day reporting. Back then it was 200 baht a day for overstay (500 now).

The max fine has been 5000 baht since 1979 when the immigration act was done.

It is immigration policy to charge only 2000 baht for late reporting but they can go as high as 5000 baht if they feel people are abusing the rules. Such as intentionally not reporting for an extended period of time.

Never done a single 90 day report in 12 years. Always travel to US in April and then renew visa in May. Never been fined, or even had it brought up as an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

"Always travel to US in April and then renew visa in May."

Visas aren't renewable. Presumably you skip three 90 day reports and then go out of the country. When you come back to Thailand you do a new extension of stay in May, which is less than 90 days from your re-entry into Thailand? Or are you saying for twelve years you've been returning to the US and applying for a new visa?

Of course if you've been staying in Thailand for periods longer than 90 days without reporting and someone at Immigrations decided to check your records at some point, you could be in for a big surprise.But until then I'm sure you've been impressing your friends with endless tales of you flaunting the law over the past twelve years. I bet they're looking forward to more of the same bragging in year 13.

What a croc ! No one forgets 3 times in a row, admit it, you cant be bothered and feel you have better things to do and its a pain in the ars*.

Just tell the truth you'll feel better for it, than manufacturing lies.

"Just tell the truth you'll feel better for it, than manufacturing lies. "

If everyone followed that advice the Thai Visa forums would wither and die.

Don't see any part of my post that could be construed as bragging or snarky. Just stated what I have done. If anyone's friends are dreading a conversation it is probably yours, with all the self righteousness you appear to have on tap ready to pour.

And you are right, it was the visa extension, not renewal, each May. If the immigration ever brings it up maybe ill rethink, but for now I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. It seems to bother you, so it's worth it just for that :)

Edited by Stradavarius37

What a croc ! No one forgets 3 times in a row, admit it, you cant be bothered and feel you have better things to do and its a pain in the ars*.

Just tell the truth you'll feel better for it, than manufacturing lies.

Bundle of joy and roses this one....better check to seen if those darn kids aren't on your lawn again.

• Like 1

Why not set up some loudly-audible reminder on your mobile recurring every 90 days? smile.png

Yes, and one on your calendar in Yahoo or Google and have it send you an email reminder.

And a big felt tip circle around the date on your wall calendar too.

Edited by jacko45k