Forgotten to do my 90 day report 3 times in a row

Hello,

I have been working for the same company for nearly 7 years, and it has always been done on time.

But for some reason the last 3 I have just been forgetful about it. This will be my third time I have forgotten to do it. I have paid the fines.

I am just wondering if there is any consequences for forgeting to report my 90 days (3 times in a row). I have to go again next week to report late again for the third time.

Thanks,

Never done a single 90 day report in 12 years. Always travel to US in April and then renew visa in May. Never been fined, or even had it brought up as an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

But you are leaving the country every 90 days instead of doing 90 day reports because you are getting a multiple entry visa.

Unless you are getting a OA visa every year which still requires 90 day reports. But if you are getting OA visas you are wasting half it's potential for getting 2 years of stay from it.

• Like 1

Never done a single 90 day report in 12 years. Always travel to US in April and then renew visa in May. Never been fined, or even had it brought up as an issue.

But you are leaving the country every 90 days instead of doing 90 day reports because you are getting a multiple entry visa.

Unless you are getting a OA visa every year which still requires 90 day reports. But if you are getting OA visas you are wasting half it's potential for getting 2 years of stay from it.

Any foreigner who stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days must report (AFAIK)

What a croc ! No one forgets 3 times in a row, admit it, you cant be bothered and feel you have better things to do and its a pain in the ars*.

Just tell the truth you'll feel better for it, than manufacturing lies.

Charlie I like your direct approach. If I did it I would get censored, barred or whatever. I guess that is because I am a nut hanging from a fruit. OOoops don't get mad now, its true, look at my avatar.

Edited by Jimbolai

I travel enough at present to never need to do it. However, I have in the past forgotten and I left it till my next overseas trip, got stamped out and that was it.

It is a pain in the ass to be honest, but our HR department takes care of all the reporting and visa stuff for our foreign staff.

"Always travel to US in April and then renew visa in May."

Visas aren't renewable. Presumably you skip three 90 day reports and then go out of the country. When you come back to Thailand you do a new extension of stay in May, which is less than 90 days from your re-entry into Thailand? Or are you saying for twelve years you've been returning to the US and applying for a new visa?

Of course if you've been staying in Thailand for periods longer than 90 days without reporting and someone at Immigrations decided to check your records at some point, you could be in for a big surprise.But until then I'm sure you've been impressing your friends with endless tales of you flaunting the law over the past twelve years. I bet they're looking forward to more of the same bragging in year 13.

What a croc ! No one forgets 3 times in a row, admit it, you cant be bothered and feel you have better things to do and its a pain in the ars*.

"Just tell the truth you'll feel better for it, than manufacturing lies. "

If everyone followed that advice the Thai Visa forums would wither and die.

Edited by Suradit69

100% agree

I wouldn't believe anyone could forget 3 times in row. It would be on my mind not to do it again. I think the authorities will think the same. Maybe you can try and plead dementia

I don't think it's a question of forgetting three times in a row, more like "miss one and you can miss as many as you like" and still pay the same fine.

When I was less than 10 days late for a 90 day report, I had to pay the "maximum fine of 2000b" in Chiang Mai. I tried getting the price down since that's the maximum and I am only slightly late but had no luck. In any case, Chiang Mai Immigration made me pay the max fine of 2000b. Now the new paper in there says "the fine in not exceeding 5000b". Does anyone know if Chiang Mai makes you pay 5000b now or if they accept/charge less if only slightly late. My friend is in this position at the moment. If he must pay the maximum fine anyways, he might as well be maximum late and save the next few 90 day reports? Thanks for any advice from anyone that has been in this position in CM.

The 2000 baht fine is immigration policy for late reporting. The 5000 baht is the maximum fine set in the immigration act. I suspect they are now using the 5k baht number on the slips to make you are aware you could be fined that much.

• Like 1

I am set to do first 90 day report on Ret visa; near daily I mentally double check, "ok, dec arrive tourist... Ahh, march convert... Ok... Then 90 days..." So, it's hard to believe you forgot.

I think CharlieH summed it up best. Why is this point as important as the useful issue you've raised? Because you plead to us as men and women for counsel yet there's non candor in your story. I did the same thing as you once with taxes- immature and then problem got increasingly worse as I sought to avoid my laziness- 3 years passed. Please be candid; it honors those who offer you their advice.

I run an Excell spreadsheet for both my Bangkok Bank Account and my UK Bank Account. I put my next 90Day Report Date and my Annual Extension Date where they will be due and highlight those dates ... works for me. Maybe something along those lines would help you. I find using those yellow sticky bits of paper doesn't work for me as after a while I get used to them stuck wherever and ignore them!

• Like 1

When I was less than 10 days late for a 90 day report, I had to pay the "maximum fine of 2000b" in Chiang Mai. I tried getting the price down since that's the maximum and I am only slightly late but had no luck. In any case, Chiang Mai Immigration made me pay the max fine of 2000b. Now the new paper in there says "the fine in not exceeding 5000b". Does anyone know if Chiang Mai makes you pay 5000b now or if they accept/charge less if only slightly late. My friend is in this position at the moment. If he must pay the maximum fine anyways, he might as well be maximum late and save the next few 90 day reports? Thanks for any advice from anyone that has been in this position in CM.

I've have seen CM Immigration ask someone to pay 5000 baht when she threw a major fit about being asked to pay 2000 baht for a late 90 day report. She didn't have 2000 with her at the time and thought she had good reasons why she shouldn't be asked to pay (but no documentation), so when her drama queen act wasn't working, they upped the fine to 5000 baht which caused her to storm out. She had to hire a visa agent to straighten it out, which did cost less than 5000 baht.

It was one of the most Oscar-worthy moments in the Chiang Mai Immigration office -- where there's always a good crowd.

Edited by NancyL

The 2000 baht fine is immigration policy for late reporting. The 5000 baht is the maximum fine set in the immigration act. I suspect they are now using the 5k baht number on the slips to make you are aware you could be fined that much.

The new slips come with a computer readable code. Underneath is your nationality and passport number. Seems that they're planning to "upgrade" their system to be able to get all their information by checking this code.

The even have DE for Germany at the beginning.

It says the fine can be from 2- 5,000 baht.