Phra Buddha Isara injured by water canon, teargas

webfact

Lets hope he makes a full recovery.

I remember from the earlier protests when the PH in the water was 4 (thus acidic) and the protestors came up in blisters and irritations of the skin. Nasty stuff, lets hope the PTP have not stooped that low again on this innocent monk fighting for 15 principles of democracy.

Until someone can provide me evidence in the form of official Thai laboratory documentation showing that the water level was PH neutral and police reports proving as such then we will have to assume that I am right with my 1 link to bangkokpost that I cannot provide due to forum rules.

Have a lovely evening everyone. wink.png

facepalm.giffacepalm.gifcheesy.gif oh please non lethal force is used in the form of water. Didn't hear of people / including tourist breaking out in blisters after Songkran. I am sure if the PTP used chemical warfare on protestors we would have heard about it.

Ummm, we did hear about it. I have the link. Until you can provide evidence to counter that I can only assume the BP link I have is correct.

I encourage a link to prove otherwise. I honestly don't want to believe the PTP are that evil.

Can you provide a link?

No I can't as I can't find any link in relation to the PTP using chemical weapons against anti government demonstrators. I will just take your word for it.wai2.gif You beat me on this one.

I just hope the U.N steps in as using chemical weapons is going to far on your own citizens.

The U.S and it's allies took Saddam out for allegations of this why are they sitting back and letting Thailand openly get away with using chemical weapons???

Here is Jamies link.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/686223-thai-police-water-cannon-not-chemical-weapon/

Most of the thread is just TV googles saying that it was chemical warfare.

The dye used in the water cannons was dangerous if not diluted. Good job they had some water handy.

The 2 chemicals were Potassium permanganate and Sodium thiosulphate. Long time since I did any chemistry but both are in widespread use for water purification and the treatment of ringworm. The Potassium permanganate looks a bit like red wine in low concentrations, it used to used in a magic trick with another chemical smeared near the top of a wine glass. When the "wine" was swirled around, the chemicals would mix and the liquid would turn clear.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamie, if the Thai government is using chemical weapons warfare against its own citizens then it is time to send international troops in and stop this carnage. How on earth can the world sit back and just watch Thailand do this. The Thai military have to be held accountable for these atrocities. The U.S and her allies have to move now before it is to late and all Asia is poisoned by the fallout.

What did they expect when they starts removing barricades? They were met with a less violent response than what alleged PDRC guards have dished out in recent weeks.

Indeed Karma is a bitch and he clearly wasn't expecting it either!!

Don't speak too soon Fatty. Karma is INDEED a bitch and you are here and probably ill equipped with means to protect or properly care for yourself. Bad things are coming to this land of smiles. Look at the mess going on and we westerners may end up scape goats

I am here with the means to protect myself and properly care for myself, but I do agree with the rest. Too many farangs have been actively involved over the last 6 months and I do expect a backlash

What did they expect when they starts removing barricades? They were met with a less violent response than what alleged PDRC guards have dished out in recent weeks.

Don't speak too soon Fatty. Karma is INDEED a bitch and you are here and probably ill equipped with means to protect or properly care for yourself. Bad things are coming to this land of smiles. Look at the mess going on and we westerners may end up scape goats

I am here with the means to protect myself and properly care for myself, but I do agree with the rest. Too many farangs have been actively involved over the last 6 months and I do expect a backlash

What farangs are involved?

Many? Should have been pretty obvious given the PDRC numbers lately.

Backlash...yeah, right.

Jamie, if the Thai government is using chemical weapons warfare against its own citizens then it is time to send international troops in and stop this carnage. How on earth can the world sit back and just watch Thailand do this. The Thai military have to be held accountable for these atrocities. The U.S and her allies have to move now before it is to late and all Asia is poisoned by the fallout.

"The Thai military have to be held accountable for these atrocities"

But the OP says it was the Thai police, Chalerm & CAPO's little friends, using the tear-gas & water-cannon, what do the innocent Thai military have to do with this ? wink.png

Backlash...yeah, right.

There are 2 or 3 per week on Blue sky. Often picked out by the camera in the crowd and a couple of times on the stage.

There were farangs at the last Red Rally in the area I call home as well.

Internal dynamic tension. No need for outside interference. Simmer, slowly allowing the heat to increase. The frogs won't know they're cooked. Hit the boiling point and the Thai psyche takes over and the country implodes. Order out of chaos. Who gets to pick up the pieces at factions of satangs on the baht? <shrug>

Only simple minded people can believe that the reds have Thailands well being in mind.

Only simple minded people can believe that the yellows have Thailands well being in mind.

If these simple minded people are Thai, they can blame the educational system for their simple mindedness.

If these simple minded people are farangs, they can blame only themselves for their simple mindedness.

• Like 1

But the OP says it was the Thai police, Chalerm & CAPO's little friends, using the tear-gas & water-cannon, what do the innocent Thai military have to do with this ? wink.png

Some are saying Chemical weapons are being used on the protestors, these are serious military weapons and I doubt police would have access to such destructive weapons. The police would have about as much access to chemical weapons as they would nuclear weapons.

Some are saying Chemical weapons are being used on the protestors, these are serious military weapons and I doubt police would have access to such destructive weapons. The police would have about as much access to chemical weapons as they would nuclear weapons.

Define a chemical weapon Chooka ?.....tear gas is a Chemical weapon.....making a "chemical weapon" from drain cleaner or pool chlorine is relatively easy

Chemical weapons are not only Anthrax and stuff like that which is what your thinking, not all chemical weapons are "serious military weapons"

Is an M16 assault rifle a serious military weapon ... almost all police stations in Thailand have at least one. Is tear gas a chemical weapon .. again they have that.. and as a crowd control measure they should have .. I don't know what happened BUT if the monk was walking by himself towards the gate the use of teargas etc was overkill.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Protesters removed barbed barriers at 12:20 pm and the monk demanded the CAPO to send representatives to hold a talk with him.

Well what do you expect... such a demanding Monk... This facade should have been hosed long ago.

this clown is no part of a monk! monks don't get involved in politics! they are supposed to preach lord buddha's teachings and serve the temple population. he is a fraud and the thai's know it. the sooner he gets out of the false robes the better,

Is an M16 assault rifle a serious military weapon ... almost all police stations in Thailand have at least one. Is tear gas a chemical weapon .. again they have that.. and as a crowd control measure they should have .. I don't know what happened BUT if the monk was walking by himself towards the gate the use of teargas etc was overkill.

tear gas? chemical weapons? where you been all your life? how old are you? the WORLD has been using tear gas to break up illegal demonstrations for over sixty years! are you out of puberty?

tear gas? chemical weapons? where you been all your life? how old are you? the WORLD has been using tear gas to break up illegal demonstrations for over sixty years! are you out of puberty?

Tear Gas is a chemical weapon...by definition

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chemical+warfare

chemical environment; chemical weapon; riot control agent.

Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.

Further, the possible lethality of using tear gas

http://physiciansforhumanrights.org/blog/tear-gas-or-lethal-gas.html

So one could question how old are you ?....are you out of puberty yet

• Like 2

Are you sure he was alone

post-122647-0-10616600-1399684363_thumb.

chooks he entered alone and when they gassed him people came to his aide after..wai2.gif

Fair enough I wasn't there and was only going by the media reports and the photographs. I will concede that the use of water cannons and teargas on a lone protestor was excessive. The police should of just grabbed him as he apparently has outstanding warrants.

Edited by chooka

chooks he entered alone and when they gassed him people came to his aide after..wai2.gif

Fair enough I wasn't there and was only going by the media reports and the photographs. I will concede that the use of water cannons and teargas on a lone protestor was excessive. The police should of just grabbed him as he apparently has outstanding warrants.

i think the police being the cowards that they are..are hedging there bets as to who will come out on top of this ..but also imagine if they grabbed him..i suspect bail in an hour or 2 or pandemonium..would ensuewai2.gif

Not sure about this time ..but last time the police used water cannon .. they put a dye chemical (not just dye) that made the water acidic to just above the level of vinegar.

No. That was an internet myth. Not one injury was shown to be due to the purple dye that was used, despite the allegations made. Can you cite any actual proven cases?

Backlash...yeah, right.

There are 2 or 3 per week on Blue sky. Often picked out by the camera in the crowd and a couple of times on the stage.

There were farangs at the last Red Rally in the area I call home as well.

Wouldn't call that "many", or say that there is an anti-farang sentiment stemming directly from this.

There was no backlash, as such, against farangs even after a couple of nutters were arrested during the 2010 red-shirts riots.

Not sure about this time ..but last time the police used water cannon .. they put a dye chemical (not just dye) that made the water acidic to just above the level of vinegar.

No. That was an internet myth. Not one injury was shown to be due to the purple dye that was used, despite the allegations made. Can you cite any actual proven cases?

Where did I say that anyone was injured?

Gk... your reading skills are usually better than that!