Phra Buddha Isara injured by water canon, teargas

webfact

Fact

If there were no protests there wouldn't have been any deaths!!

Fact

More people have been killed in road accidents than at these protests

Fact

More people have died through non political acts of violence than at protests

What's your point Mr. I only deal and talk facts ???

People having road accidents is regretful, but usually unintentional.

People who die through non-political acts of violence - regrettable, there's usually an investigation, and if possible, punishing of offenders.

People who die on protests - regrettable, no investigation and no one brought to justice.

More importantly, why should anyone die on a protest? Is it like some extra-dangerous activity that it should merit a separate category?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets hope he makes a full recovery.

I remember from the earlier protests when the PH in the water was 4 (thus acidic) and the protestors came up in blisters and irritations of the skin. Nasty stuff, lets hope the PTP have not stooped that low again on this innocent monk fighting for 15 principles of democracy.

Until someone can provide me evidence in the form of official Thai laboratory documentation showing that the water level was PH neutral and police reports proving as such then we will have to assume that I am right with my 1 link to bangkokpost that I cannot provide due to forum rules.

Have a lovely evening everyone. wink.png

• Like 1

The monk bared his naked rear end at authority and tried to force his way into a police building. God only knows what would have happened when the mob surrounded people and took over.

Where is the photographic evidence that said monk bared his posterior ?

And one little monk on his own trying to force his way in required water canon and teargas to stop him ?.....what does he have.. ? super powers or something ? Rambo in an orange robe ?...why couldn't s couple of the RTP's finest restrained him ?

seems to me the response was a little excessive against a single man in an orange robe...

The bared rear end thing was a figure of speech, agree there is no evidence that he literally bared his buttocks. (An Australian thing I guess) We use it to politely say when someone tells you not to do something instead of they said get f'ck I am going to do it we say they bared their rear end and gave a brown eye.

A bit like the monty python sketch "I fart in your general direction" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s&feature=player_detailpage

I am sorry I didn't realise that he was on his own. I miss read this.

The monk led protesters from the Chaeng Wattana site to the club to protest against the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order at noon.

Protesters removed barbed barriers at 12:20 pm and the monk demanded the CAPO to send representatives to hold a talk with him.

With no one showing up, the monk led protesters to go inside the compound, prompting police to warn them to retreat.

My apologies yes he was alone, one man by himself. Yes it was excessive against a single man.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

I remember from the earlier protests when the PH in the water was 4 (thus acidic) and the protestors came up in blisters and irritations of the skin. Nasty stuff, lets hope the PTP have not stooped that low again on this innocent monk fighting for 15 principles of democracy.

Until someone can provide me evidence in the form of official Thai laboratory documentation showing that the water level was PH neutral and police reports proving as such then we will have to assume that I am right with my 1 link to bangkokpost that I cannot provide due to forum rules.

So now we have you and the Mad Monk both fighting for the 15. Is the first one still elections?

• Like 1

The monk bared his naked rear end at authority and tried to force his way into a police building. God only knows what would have happened when the mob surrounded people and took over.

And one little monk on his own trying to force his way in required water canon and teargas to stop him ?.....what does he have.. ? super powers or something ? Rambo in an orange robe ?...why couldn't s couple of the RTP's finest restrained him ?

seems to me the response was a little excessive against a single man in an orange robe...

The bared rear end thing was a figure of speech, agree there is no evidence that he literally bared his buttocks. (An Australian thing I guess) We use it to politely say when someone tells you not to do something instead of they said get f'ck I am going to do it we say they bared their rear end and gave a brown eye.

A bit like the monty python sketch "I fart in your general direction" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSo0duY7-9s&feature=player_detailpage

The monk led protesters from the Chaeng Wattana site to the club to protest against the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order at noon.

Protesters removed barbed barriers at 12:20 pm and the monk demanded the CAPO to send representatives to hold a talk with him.

With no one showing up, the monk led protesters to go inside the compound, prompting police to warn them to retreat.

My apologies yes he was alone, one man by himself. Yes it was excessive against a single man.

The monk bared his naked rear end at authority and tried to force his way into a police building

Your words not mine, Now I may not be one of TV's high flying "English teachers".....but your are referring to a single person.

So now we have you and the Mad Monk both fighting for the 15. Is the first one still elections?

Wait until he discovers the monk can't recite them all by heart...

The monk bared his naked rear end at authority and tried to force his way into a police building

Your words not mine, Now I may not be one of TV's high flying "English teachers".....but your are referring to a single person.

Him as the leader of the mob.

Douglas MacArthur was forced out of the Phillipines and vowed he will return. He was the one who copped the flak for that not his troops. When he took control in the pacific region he was awarded the acalades not the troops.

What I am basically saying is that the Monk as the leader on behalf of his mob bared his naked rear end and tried to force his way into a police building as MacAurthur defeated the Japanese in the pacific.

I hope that makes it clear in what I was saying.

The difference here is: My house is my house. But that building is public property, so every Thai is share-owner of it. And currently 2 criminals try to own it.

To keep your example:

So lets say: I sit in you families home. You demand that I come out and we speak about it (that I am not the owner) and instead of peacefully coming out (and agree or disagree with you) I just shoot at you.

Chalerm and Surapong just lost all public offices because of abuse of power...don't forget that.

So is the Pentagon, the HQ of Scotland Yard, the British Museum, Versailles, Danish national police HQ etc. Would the "managers" of those properties allow someone like this to saunter in and try to cause trouble?

• Like 1

facepalm.giffacepalm.gifcheesy.gif oh please non lethal force is used in the form of water. Didn't hear of people / including tourist breaking out in blisters after Songkran. I am sure if the PTP used chemical warfare on protestors we would have heard about it.

I give him credit for going into the lions den.

Well,yes, but he's obviously provoking this to gain sympathy. Oh, the brave monk, injured trying to bring justice to the people! Violin music in the background. Still, not as bad as Vuttivudh Bikkhu, but I still see him as trying to promote dissension among the people, which I'm pretty sure is prohibited by the Vinaya.

Shower.........show

as long as no one is bringing the nation,its leaders or religion into disrepute,this campaign to ruin the economy deter tourism and create conflict seems to be working

I wonder what would police do in any other country ( USA, UK, France, germany, Sweden, Spain......) in situation like this ???

We know exactly what they would do. They wouldn't let protestors storm police stations and make demands to hand over people. They would all be in cells now facing serious criminal charges. It would not matter if the were monks, priests or what? clerics excluded.

You sem to reply to posts without actually referring to what I said and in fact saying something completely unrelated? Was this reply meant for me?

facepalm.giffacepalm.gifcheesy.gif oh please non lethal force is used in the form of water. Didn't hear of people / including tourist breaking out in blisters after Songkran. I am sure if the PTP used chemical warfare on protestors we would have heard about it.

Ummm, we did hear about it. I have the link. Until you can provide evidence to counter that I can only assume the BP link I have is correct.

I encourage a link to prove otherwise. I honestly don't want to believe the PTP are that evil.

Can you provide a link?

I wonder what would police do in any other country ( USA, UK, France, germany, Sweden, Spain......) in situation like this ???

We know exactly what they would do. They wouldn't let protestors storm police stations and make demands to hand over people. They would all be in cells now facing serious criminal charges. It would not matter if the were monks, priests or what? clerics excluded.

quite right as we saw with abu hamza and others plotting unrest , even plotting means they are arrested on terror charges now

Ummm, we did hear about it. I have the link. Until you can provide evidence to counter that I can only assume the BP link I have is correct.

I encourage a link to prove otherwise. I honestly don't want to believe the PTP are that evil.

Can you provide a link?

No I can't as I can't find any link in relation to the PTP using chemical weapons against anti government demonstrators. I will just take your word for it.wai2.gif You beat me on this one.

I just hope the U.N steps in as using chemical weapons is going to far on your own citizens.

The U.S and it's allies took Saddam out for allegations of this why are they sitting back and letting Thailand openly get away with using chemical weapons???

Edited by chooka

Can you provide a link?

No I can't as I can't find any link in relation to the PTP using chemical weapons against anti government demonstrators. I will just take your word for it.wai2.gif You beat me on this one.

I just hope the U.N steps in as using chemical weapons is going to far on your own citizens.

Not sure about this time ..but last time the police used water cannon .. they put a dye chemical (not just dye) that made the water acidic to just above the level of vinegar.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can you provide a link?

Try googling "volunteer medics acid levels pH4"

UN won't step in. The regime said it didn't happen. Of course without backing it up with facts.

They also said the rice scheme was not corrupt without backing it up with facts!! LOL

Been watching Al Jazeera, BBC and CNA and they are all saying the same thing...its not about corruption. its about being in control when.......... to control........... 3 reputable news Channels telling it as it is. Not how the Suthep cronies on here want you to believe

Reputable?? Like BBC, Dick Head has clearly no agenda, right?

They all sit around the FCC tables, drinking the same leftist agenda.

What did they expect when they starts removing barricades? They were met with a less violent response than what alleged PDRC guards have dished out in recent weeks.

Indeed Karma is a bitch and he clearly wasn't expecting it either!!

Don't speak too soon Fatty. Karma is INDEED a bitch and you are here and probably ill equipped with means to protect or properly care for yourself. Bad things are coming to this land of smiles. Look at the mess going on and we westerners may end up scape goats