If travelling from Pats to Issan by bus

advancebooking

My humble recommendation if travelling by bus from Pats to Issan is that its not wise to take the yellow bus co.

I dont know if I was unlucky but the bus I took for 11 hours up country had a gear box problem and stopped at multiple locations for no reason. The bus was full but still stopped at chonbury for 10min for no reason. It was like a slow chicken bus run and I only wish that NCA was not booked out.

It would have been quicker for me to get a bus to Morchit and taxi to NCA and then new bus to Issan (assuming connection times worked out).

I strongly advise NOT to take yellow bus... nightmare from hell where they stop for petrol. You have to go all day and cant get off for food until 430pm at some place that didnt even have a restaurant.

Just my thoughts... and no doubt that the bus in question is still being 'driven the ground' and that they will not fix the gear box issue until it actually stops on the side of the road. Its too logical to fix it at a mechanic prior to the journey.

chock dee

I had good experiences with the bus leaving from 3rd road near Pattaya Klang (Central Road). Nice busses, reasonable toilet and within 6 hrs in Khorat.

Do you remember the company name or color of the bus? Thanks in advance.

I had good experiences with the bus leaving from 3rd road near Pattaya Klang (Central Road). Nice busses, reasonable toilet and within 6 hrs in Khorat.

. SMK is the name, greenish bus, another good bus is NCA Nakomcharair, something like that, many times to Korat... And Udon Thani Edited by Dannyboy6

Just done Pattaya (north terminal) to Yasothon on the yellow night bus. Took 11 hours, stopped twice for fuel (20 mins) where there was big 7/11 marts. Also made another toilet break. Toilet on board was good enough, air con was good, driver was safe and generally the ride was comfy. The condition of the bus was a bit rough outside, few dents here and there but overall the journey was good. didn't blast out music for the entire ride which was a bonus.

The best bus i took was from Pattaya to Khon Kaen with Chan Tour.... well comfy with TV and free food (rice and pork). The bus did actually break down 10 mins before Ban Phai but another service came fairly quickly to transport the passengers.

Do you remember the company name or color of the bus? Thanks in advance.

Srimongkol my mrs said the bus company is called, blue/green colour. We've used several times to Korat, about 5 hrs and good bus

Bangkok to korat I insist on nakhonchai air, but the Pattaya route stops about 4 times

Tiger air with flights to khoen khan for a few baht, not much more than a bus ride. Why risk taking a bus in a country with one of the highest accident rates in thw world.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Please page me, a friend and monk has got a Lear Jet to rent. Are you Buddhist?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif That nice of you...

Go " By Train " The Special Express trains run out of Hua Lampong are " far superior " than using a bus in Thailand! You can relax,get up and walk about when you like and also not having "aircon " is surely a bonus! They are cheaper and normally faster and the most important thing is that they are much safer! ( a few more bus crashes reported today on these dangerous roads....)

wai2.gif

Nakhon Chai Air is the only company I trust, I have been to Chonburi using them a few times, a little bit more expensive but I won't allow relatives to take one of these horrible death traps that I see crazily veering all over the road with bits dropping off. I prefer to drive but you do need to stay alert....

• Like 1

Go " By Train " The Special Express trains run out of Hua Lampong are " far superior " than using a bus in Thailand! You can relax,get up and walk about when you like and also not having "aircon " is surely a bonus! They are cheaper and normally faster and the most important thing is that they are much safer! ( a few more bus crashes reported today on these dangerous roads....)

wai2.gif

" the most important thing is that they are much safer!"

April 1 was last month cheesy.gif

You have to be joking of course? Do you know how many derailments, there have been in Thailand over the last year?

• Like 1

Nakhon Chai Air is the only company I trust, I have been to Chonburi using them a few times, a little bit more expensive but I won't allow relatives to take one of these horrible death traps that I see crazily veering all over the road with bits dropping off. I prefer to drive but you do need to stay alert....

I agree. Done Patts to Chayaphum and back several times with them. Tedious but as comfortable as can be expected.

• Like 1

Done it but never again. Bus from Pattaya to 'swampy' last year was 160 baht one way. Free shuttle bus to Don Muang - roughly about 1 hour, and if booked in advance a flight can be bought one way for about one to two hundred baht more than the 'chicken run'

• Like 1