Pictures appear to show RAF man posing with dead Taliban fighter

Lite Beer

Pictures appear to show RAF man posing with dead Taliban fighter

Photographs have emerged which appear to show at least one UK serviceman posing with a dead Taliban fighter.

The graphic pictures were taken in the aftermath of an attack by insurgents on Camp Bastion, the main British base in Afghanistan, in 2012.

The images first appeared on website Live Leak. The Ministry of Defence said they came to its attention last month and military police were investigating.

Two RAF Regiment members have already been withdrawn from frontline duties.

Two US marines were killed in the September 2012 attack on Camp Bastion, in Helmand province.

A number of British soldiers were injured and six US Harrier jets were destroyed.

The photographs show some of the damage caused, but two appear to show at least one member of the RAF Regiment giving a thumbs-up sign, kneeling next to the bloodied body of a dead insurgent.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27346071

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-10

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the problem? Send a bunch of young guys into harms way and in battle the adrenaline will flow and they will be relieved to take out the enemy. If there is momentary celebration, who can blame them?

I say job well done.

Also the soldier may have been in a firefight with the guy and was relieved he took him out.

What's the problem? Send a bunch of young guys into harms way and in battle the adrenaline will flow and they will be relieved to take out the enemy. If there is momentary celebration, who can blame them?

I say job well done.

I could not agree more, It is also nothing compared to what the Taliban do for their propaganda machine.

I say job well done.

100%

• Like 2

The century old intention of going to war is: you go out and kill all enemies, no matter how, how many, or how messy it gets!

The idea of a "clean war" suitable to be broadcast at dinner time to serve the Jonses and their kids is an invention of CNN & Co.

• Like 2

Since when has it been a crime to kill the enemy?

Fighter pilots run a tally of kills on their cockpit.

Good shot I say.

I agree. While I'm not saying our troops should become barbarians (like our opponents certainly are), we (in the west) send our troops into harm's way and expect them to maintain Sunday school manners! Remember, we're fighting against predators who have a history of killing and maiming innocent, defenseless, unarmed civilians!

• Like 1

If the Taliban take over Afghanistan, and I think they will, nuke 'em. One week later nobody would have the feeling there is something positive missing from the area. Perhaps, maybe except some coffee shops in Amsterdam.

If the Taliban take over Afghanistan, and I think they will, nuke 'em. One week later nobody would have the feeling there is something positive missing from the area. Perhaps, maybe except some coffee shops in Amsterdam.

I believe, sir, the politically correct term is now "glass it" as opposed to nuke. wouldn't want to offend anyone would we!!whistling.gif

p.s. Fully agree with your sentiment!