• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Charges in the UK for making withdrawals with a Thai ATM card - best?

Hello,

Does anyone know which Thai bank has the lowest charges when making withdrawals in the UK.

I know that there is a Bangkok bank in London, but does this mean that the charges all through the country are going to be lower than the other banks?

crazy.gif

If you are talking use of a Thai bank debit card in a foreign country, the fee is generally 100 baht. For a Thai bank credit card it's generally a 2.5% foreign transaction fee. And of course the ATM you use may apply its own fee also. And the exchange rate you will get will be the Visa/Mastercard exchange rate.

Edited by Pib

Pib s rates are a reasonable ball park.

Banks are required to publish their fees in their websites.

In addition the following website from BOT will have your answers if you click around.

Www2.bot.or.th/feerate/index.aspx

A useful one to bookmark for people like Pib who follow these things :)

All in Thai but you can see the standard fee rates for most products: loans, deposits,cheques,credit cards,ATM etc.

These are standard ones and dont necessarily cover promotions but will give an idea.

BKK Bank is usually competitive. Note not all banks have the service and not on all cards.

Cheers

Fletch :)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by fletchsmile

Pib s rates are a reasonable ball park.

Banks are required to publish their fees in their websites.

In addition the following website from BOT will have your answers if you click around.

Www2.bot.or.th/feerate/index.aspx

A useful one to bookmark for people like Pib who follow these things smile.png

All in Thai but you can see the standard fee rates for most products: loans, deposits,cheques,credit cards,ATM etc.

These are standard ones and dont necessarily cover promotions but will give an idea.

BKK Bank is usually competitive. Note not all banks have the service and not on all cards.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry couldn't give you the exact page before from mobile. This is the page you want on ATM/Debit Cards:

http://www2.bot.or.th/feerate/internal.aspx?PageNo=5

ถอนเงินต่างประเทศ = Withdrawals abroad, ไม่มีบริการ = not available/ no service

Shows all the main banks. BKK Bank is one of cheapest. Says THB 100/transaction. TMB says 75baht. Cross check vs their websites tho to make sure.

Cheers

Fletch

If you are talking use of a Thai bank debit card in a foreign country, the fee is generally 100 baht. For a Thai bank credit card it's generally a 2.5% foreign transaction fee. And of course the ATM you use may apply its own fee also. And the exchange rate you will get will be the Visa/Mastercard exchange rate.

From the BOT reference fletchsmile gave it appears if a person was using a Thai "credit" card to get a cash advance, in addition to the 2.5% foreign transaction fee there would also be a 3% cash advance fee. A 3% cash advance fee when using a credit card is pretty typical even for farang credit cards. If a person was just doing a Point of Sale (POS) transaction (i.e., buying something) only the 2.5% foreign transaction fee should be applicable. Remember these are generally the fees...the ballpark fees....each Thai bank debit/credit card may vary a little.