YSS Thailand is useless

YSS Thailand has never responded to my emails or their website feedback form. This is not the first time they they have ignored me

I want to buy some custom valved and sprung shocks - anyone have a contact at YSS or a knowledgeable Dealer that can sell these to me

probably 50% of thai companies cant be bothered answering emails .........

i would just go into a few bike shops until i find what im looking for or a dealer who can order it

ps. you might get a reply faster if you write something on their facebook page ..........TIT

• Like 2

If you send an English only email to a Thai company 99.9% of the time they ignore it.

What I've been doing of late is translate the English to Thai, put the Thai first and the English second and then send it. They only ignore 80% now!

• Like 1

I had the same problem. Found a dealer, told them what I wanted, came back next day. Was given price and delivery date. Showed up that day and there they were - exactly as ordered.

BKK/ Samut Prakarn. Thanks

Sorry - don't know that area. I'm in CNX

But the YSS factory is out by BKK airport, so maybe take a drive out there - go right to the horses mouth as they say.

Map on their website.

I want to buy some custom valved and sprung shocks - anyone have a contact at YSS or a knowledgeable Dealer that can sell these to me

Do YSS advertise themselves as a bespoke suspension supplier or are they more a mass producer of suspension, they list suspension for 69-79 T-110 is that not good enough?

They probably get a lot of nuisance emails with content like "would like to", "thinking about", "only two" etc.

BTW Hoghead I sent you an PM about your 19 rims but you didn't reply! Pot and kettletongue.png

As has been suggested if you are serious a trip to the factory is in order not far down BangNa- Trat about Km18 or so do a U-turn etc.

Or at the very least a phone call.

Edited by VocalNeal

BKK/ Samut Prakarn. Thanks

Sorry - don't know that area. I'm in CNX

But the YSS factory is out by BKK airport, so maybe take a drive out there - go right to the horses mouth as they say.

Map on their website.

Yes passed them several times but no succeed for a direct sales contact at their factory

BTW Hoghead I sent you an PM about your 19 rims but you didn't reply! Pot and kettletongue.png

I was not aware that the PM of 3 days ago needed a response as you were to walk down there today

In any case I look forward tot he results of your stroll

i know a distributor at Worachak area. There are more. But i dont think so they are doing a custom shock.

Is that the place a large "stone's throw" from opp Wat Saket? I stumbled onto that the other day.

i know a distributor at Worachak area. There are more. But i dont think so they are doing a custom shock.

Is that the place a large "stone's throw" from opp Wat Saket? I stumbled onto that the other day.

Just close to the BMA General Hospital Hospital hospital by the Luang Road where Klong Thom market is. Close to the intersection between Luang Road and Worachak. Their prices are cheaper than bike shops.

Somewhere around here:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3/@13.7472059,100.5099497,19z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x2b8098f5f7481fa1

Edited by ll2

I was not aware that the PM of 3 days ago needed a response as you were to walk down there today

In any case I look forward tot he results of your stroll

Been there posted my reply in your rims thread.

If you really need custom made shocks i guess its the best to contact the factory directly. I have read some good reviews about their work (after you get in contact and assuming they want to help you). AFAIK they also have mechanics there who care about (special?) customers, replacing/repairing shocks and so on...

http://yss.co.th/contact.php

EDIT:

But may better not use the contact form, let a thai call them if they dont respond to your mails. I always try to go directly to the company and knock on their doors in person. Sometimes it works, sometimes not wink.png

I remember there were some threads with similar topics about YSS. Sadly none of the OPs ever told us if they were successful and if they ever got in contact with YSS or "Paul at Link associate". So please tell us the outcome of your story.

Edited by wantan

If you really need custom made shocks i guess its the best to contact the factory directly. I have read some good reviews about their work (after you get in contact and assuming they want to help you). AFAIK they also have mechanics there who care about (special?) customers, replacing/repairing shocks and so on...

http://yss.co.th/contact.php

EDIT:

But may better not use the contact form, let a thai call them if they dont respond to your mails. I always try to go directly to the company and knock on their doors in person. Sometimes it works, sometimes not wink.png

I remember there were some threads with similar topics about YSS. Sadly none of the OPs ever told us if they were successful and if they ever got in contact with YSS or "Paul at Link associate". So please tell us the outcome of your story.

Wantan.. I wouldn't have put the number if I hadn't have got YSS shocks from him.. a pair for a superfour and a Suzuki 800.. we could choose the spring rate..can't remember what else as it was over 3 years ago..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Honda Big Wing is actually a dealer for YSS.

You could go to their factory, they also sell and install there, it is on Teparak road in Bang Pli, not "too far" from the airport.

Price at the factory or at Big Wing is exactly the same. Don't know about other dealers.

Curious why you are seeking a custom "shock?"

Seems like that would be very expensive.

Are none of the many stock configurations acceptable?

What application is involved?

Maybe you could buy a stock unit and have a machine shop modify it to accommodate you needs.

Good luck.

Facebook is the way to contact them as the "website is currently in processing for any Inquiries". It must have been in processing for several years as they never respond. Funny way to do business via a public forum rather than ones own website, however if your nose is stuck in the phone all day.......

Or maybe I am just an old curmudgeon

In any case my question is sent and now will see if they answer

The custom thing I want in the shock is a linear rate spring and valving to suit my weight and riding conditions, adjustable length to fine tune trail, and offset eyes to clear the chainguard. An off the shelf shock is a compromise as the valving and spring rate is an attempt for a one size fits all solution. A single model cannot accommodate riders from 50 Kg solo to 2 x 100 KG twinkie eaters and their luggage, while delivering optimal performance.

Edited by Hog Head

Yes Facebook is the way to go with Thai companies ;)

On TV the Thai Speed Channel yesterday they had a great hour long show about YSS

Showed the factory & various shocks etc.

Also had the Euro guy explaining in English how he goes about setting sag on a bike etc.

Send them this link via FB & ask to speak to/ cantact the guy
Unfortunately I did not catch his name on that TV show
the other day

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=807312525965279&set=pb.116671795029359.-2207520000.1400215124.&type=3&theater

Actually this is a pic from the actual show
I wonder if it is the same guy?
Anyway tell them you want to speak with the
falang on the recent Speed Rider show

Was taped on April 3rd

10003289_282389271919822_168568086_n.jpg

Edited by mania

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks of non answers and dodging the question on Facebook and finally they admit that they do not know how to calculate spring rate

Bloody useless for a shock manufacturer not to know who to calculate the proper spring rate for a specific application.

2 weeks of non answers and dodging the question on Facebook and finally they admit that they do not know how to calculate spring rate

Bloody useless for a shock manufacturer not to know who to calculate the proper spring rate for a specific application.

if they dont know how to calculate, how they can make products for specific bikes?