ginger hair in Thailand

jonesthebaker

i was eating at a restaurant the other day with a Thai friend when in walked a guy with ginger hair. she was quite amaized and acted like she had never seen the likes before. when i asked her she insited that she had never seen a ginger haired guy ever before - strange!

she said she was aware of ginger hair and that Thai people thought it was a sort of affliction as they thought that ginger haired people had a peculiar body smell. i tried to tell her this was simply an old myth - but she insited that it was more or less common knowledge amongst Thai people.

very strange!

Edited by jonesthebaker

Seen many Thai folk with paid for ginger hair..............whistling.gif

yes indeed, so have i and this is exactly what i told my friend. but she said 'yes false not real - cannot be real' smile.png

i know that sounds odd but she actually laughed and asked if i had ever seen blue hair - which i have - and asked if i though it was real.

the oddest thing is why she thought that ginger haired people have a peculiar smell about them. God knows what she thinks blue haired people smell like smile.png

Edited by jonesthebaker

Thai people continue to classify my hair as blond, even though it's red/auburn. Hell over the course of my life it's gone from full giner to now almost brown... I have a bright red beard that they always ask if I dyed. I tell them my hair is "copper" and they agree.

My only really funny story was when I was getting acupuncture for a torn groin muscle. I have just a towel over my bits, but you could easily tell I was a full ginger. The nurse comes in to remove the needles and just stops and stares for a good 15-20seconds. So I looked at her and asked her in Thai "You've never seen this color before, have you?" Her eyes went wide and scurried out of the room, a different girl removed the needles. I figured it was much nicer than asking "You've been staring at mine, when do I get to stare at yours?".

Girlfriends find it amusing, but they're weirded out that my Hazel eyes change color daily from amber to green to grey.

I have a neice with ginger colored hair. A really lovely girl, both in looks and in personality. She is 24, and currently teaches english and spanish outside Tokyo. The only uncomfortable thing for her about having ginger colered hair is complete strangers (Japanese) approaching her to touch her hair. It was novel at first, but gets old fast. Even with that, she still always smiles and lets them touch it.

I know that i am the exception, but I think Thai's with colored hair, blonde, ginger, whatever, look so sexy. One man's tea is another man's poison, as they say.

I agree. My gf had blonde hair and she looked great. She looks great with her natural black hair but I arrive at the airport after being away at work to find she has dyed her hair ginger and she still looks sexy. Ginger is not considered attractive in the west but I found it strangely appealing on the gf.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I like Thai birds with dyed ginger hair. There was an albino Thai bird who used to hang around on Soi 8 in Pattaya years ago. She appeared to be insane and spent all day and night wandering up and down the soi talking to herself.

the oddest thing is why she thought that ginger haired people have a peculiar smell about them.

Not odd. It's true.

Who doesn't know that? coffee1.gif

http://aufait.hubpages.com/hub/Redheads-unique-chemistry-compared-to-all-other-people

Redheads Smell Better

Erin La Rosa says redheads exude more pleasant pheromones and so they attract more mates because they are simply more sexually desirable. La Rosa says, “Our pheromone effect and our delicious scent has been scientifically proven!”

Stephen Douglas (wrote The Redhead Encyclopedia) writes that redhead skin has a natural sweet, musk-like scent. Douglas claims that the redhead scent changes with that person’s emotions.

In the Erotic Review, Rowan Pelling says that redheads have a “strong natural scent,” and also, “redheads famously have a distinctive civet scent that drives admirers wild.” The scent of a civet (wild cat) is said to have aphrodisiacal qualities that is, and has been highly prized, for centuries.

Some other men have described the redhead scent as “amber and violets,” saying redheads have the strongest scent of any women.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

the oddest thing is why she thought that ginger haired people have a peculiar smell about them.

Not odd. It's true.

Who doesn't know that? coffee1.gif

http://aufait.hubpages.com/hub/Redheads-unique-chemistry-compared-to-all-other-people

Redheads Smell Better

Erin La Rosa says redheads exude more pleasant pheromones and so they attract more mates because they are simply more sexually desirable. La Rosa says, “Our pheromone effect and our delicious scent has been scientifically proven!”

Stephen Douglas (wrote The Redhead Encyclopedia) writes that redhead skin has a natural sweet, musk-like scent. Douglas claims that the redhead scent changes with that person’s emotions.

In the Erotic Review, Rowan Pelling says that redheads have a “strong natural scent,” and also, “redheads famously have a distinctive civet scent that drives admirers wild.” The scent of a civet (wild cat) is said to have aphrodisiacal qualities that is, and has been highly prized, for centuries.

Some other men have described the redhead scent as “amber and violets,” saying redheads have the strongest scent of any women.

a quote is not an axiom :)

About the smell - maybe Prince Harry can comment on this. He said once that he hadn't washed his hair in two years, prompting The Sun to come up with the brilliant headline: "Dirty Hairy".

Google "ginger hair" and images - but don't perve for too long.

• Like 1

António Da Silva did a really interesting (erotic) short documentary film about the GINGER thing among British gay men. It's called GINGERS. I can't post a direct link to more info as it's too racy ...

post-37101-0-02748400-1399786862_thumb.gclick me ... I do stuff

Ginger is definitely a thing.

It's definitely different.

If you hadn't realized that before, watching Da Silva's film will open your eyes.

My feeling is you're either into it or not.

In my case, very much NOT.

Also, yes, I really think as a generality the ginger smell profile is distinctive.

Is that racist to notice that? Hmmm.

Edited by Jingthing

^ Sorry JT, I don't feel attracted to her, little too much facial hair for my liking.

Coming out as straight is not necessary. It's called presumptive heterosexuality. Now you know.

Ohhhh 5555555 lol, thanks for that JT.

Can you help me explain this to the wife :P

• Like 2

Well the smell must be good.

Have a pale, freckly, ginger mate, 24 yo and has to beat the Thai girls off with sticks wherever we go in Thailand. smile.png

The ginger plick.

is that the ugly stick he carries around with him?

António Da Silva did a really interesting (erotic) short documentary film about the GINGER thing among British gay men. It's called GINGERS. I can't post a direct link to more info as it's too racy ...

attachicon.gifanigif_enhanced-buzz-18195-1366409964-0.gifclick me ... I do stuff

Ginger is definitely a thing.

It's definitely different.

If you hadn't realized that before, watching Da Silva's film will open your eyes.

My feeling is you're either into it or not.

In my case, very much NOT.

Also, yes, I really think as a generality the ginger smell profile is distinctive.

Is that racist to notice that? Hmmm.

you always seem to be looking for a negative angle. very quick to jump on anyone that even mentions the gay thing in any way that your mind interpretates as not in support of the gay 'thing'.

wether you like it or not the normal sexual orientation is straight.

and <deleted> ginger is not a race

ps i am with putin on the gay issue - fully

Well the smell must be good.

Have a pale, freckly, ginger mate, 24 yo and has to beat the Thai girls off with sticks wherever we go in Thailand. smile.png

The ginger plick.

is that the ugly stick he carries around with him?

The smell is distinctive. Some like. Some don't. Like durian!

^ Sorry JT, I don't feel attracted to her, little too much facial hair for my liking.

Coming out as straight is not necessary. It's called presumptive heterosexuality. Now you know.

I think you should invite JT around for a cup of tea to discuss further

• Like 1

I think you should invite JT around for a cup of tea to discuss further

Listen here you little biatch, don't go getting all jealous because I'm talkin 2 the jing thingy.

I did invite him but the baht bus doesn't come my way :P

• Like 1