Thai 'Red Shirts' warn of civil war if government falls

Lite Beer

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it takes a civil war for the majority of the population to retain their civil rights then so be it.

That's a bit vague, but since he is pro-Civil war & uses the word "retain" lets suggest he is pro govt. In that case he is wrong about the majority, both before last october and even more-so now.

For all those obsessed with the violence perperated or threatened by the red shirts should take a good look at the not unsubstantial efforts of the yellow shirts. Their thugs, oops sorry guards have continuously threatened, harrassed, intimidated and beaten not only opponants but innocent people. They have caused constant annoyance and inconvience to innocent residents and workers. Above all they are making Thailand a laughing stock around the world.

All those people who readily jump to the defence of Suthep and what he is doing should cast your minds back to some of his anti foreigner rhetoric. Also ask yourself this would you put up with his crap in your own country.

For all those obsessed with the violence perperated or threatened by the red shirts should take a good look at the not unsubstantial efforts of the yellow shirts. Their thugs, oops sorry guards have continuously threatened, harrassed, intimidated and beaten not only opponants but innocent people. They have caused constant annoyance and inconvience to innocent residents and workers. Above all they are making Thailand a laughing stock around the world.

All those people who readily jump to the defence of Suthep and what he is doing should cast your minds back to some of his anti foreigner rhetoric. Also ask yourself this would you put up with his crap in your own country.

And which reincarnation/alter-ego of the usual rabid reds are you ?.....Rich Teacher, Fab 4, Moonao, devaram ?

• Like 2

It is quite clear that a democratically elected government is slowly being undemocratically removed. Even after they offered the dummy spitters a second chance. The dummy spitters however took their dummys home and refused to play. Democracy indeed.

Two other things are clear, the army is largly staying away because they know that the majority of the nation are not sympathetic to the Yellows and clearly understand that Suthep is a power crazy fool.

If someone had a bit of courage to take this raving lunatic (Mr the final battle) Suthep of the streets a resolution of some sort would be reached.

I am waiting for someone to ask Suthep what he has done with all the money. Maybe he's stashing it away for a quick exit to Dubai.

And which reincarnation/alter-ego of the usual rabid reds are you ?.....Rich Teacher, Fab 4, Moonao, devaram ?

None, I am a normal person asking what the hell are you on, what can you be thinking. Its a simple observation, well simple for most except for some of the morons who get to post on here.

• Like 1

many more red shirts than expected - be careful what you wish for

but not the 1.0 million they promised...

That would have been another 500,000,000 Baht.

Edited by Rimbuman

These repeated warnings of dire consequences from the red shirts have a whiff of desperation about them. They are in a corner and seem to know this. They have lost the battle of numbers because their core support is not motivated and seems divided. The momentum and the passion is with the other side. If the army took over tomorrow i doubt there would be much more than a few squeals. Time will tell i suppose.

Desperation or determination..................... to hang to their right to vote? ermm.gif

They can still vote, but only once, and not by identifying themselves as someone else, and not if they are coerced into voting for someone they do not want to vote for. All things that can happen under village chiefs in the north / Northeast & other red strongholds.

Edited by The Deerhunter

It is quite clear that a democratically elected government is slowly being undemocratically removed. Even after they offered the dummy spitters a second chance. The dummy spitters however took their dummys home and refused to play. Democracy indeed.

Two other things are clear, the army is largly staying away because they know that the majority of the nation are not sympathetic to the Yellows and clearly understand that Suthep is a power crazy fool.

If someone had a bit of courage to take this raving lunatic (Mr the final battle) Suthep of the streets a resolution of some sort would be reached.

I am waiting for someone to ask Suthep what he has done with all the money. Maybe he's stashing it away for a quick exit to Dubai.

None, I am a normal person asking what the hell are you on, what can you be thinking. Its a simple observation, well simple for most except for some of the morons who get to post on here.

Millions of others may not believe you, but we do promise...rolleyes.gif

This is exactly why Thaksin wants Thailand. ASEAN is going to change SE Asia and bring many opportunities to the represented countries here. Thaksin sees big money ahead, and he wants his hands on it. He could give a rats ass about improving Thailand as a whole. He is only thinking of how rich he'll become. I really believe he has planned this over the past 10 or more years. I also believe he will manipulate everything to his favor of becoming "President for Life". Therefore, Thaksin will not loose, as he has previously stated. If he can't have it, then he will destroy it. God help the Thai people.

Thaksin is already so rich he is drowning in it. What is he going to do with billions more - use it for toilet paper?

Your analysis is flawed - have a look at the General's comments with respect to military involvement during the whole of this debacle. See how quick he was to jump on the secession threats. They learned a lesson in 2006, even in a bloodless coup, that resulted in 2010 nightmare. This is the only reason they have been slow to act this time. If someone had taken Suthep off the streets, all h3ll would have broken loose (Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war) - that is why no one did; they had plenty of chances to safely lift him - he attended court once to acknowledge the silly murder change, went to the Senate building this month to congratulate the new speaker, and many other occasions.

Asking what Suthep has done with money freely handed to him by the people in the street is rich when so many billions are missing from government accounts, eh?

BTW There is no democratically elected government - it was dissolved voluntarily last year.

Many occasions YL turned down Suthep's requests to talk openly - this was ignored, denied or only accepted with PTP restrictions. He even offered for televised and independently (foreign) mediated talks. It wasn't until YL's team had spit out their dummies that suddenly they wanted to talk.

• Like 2

And the relevance to this thread is??? History of illegal action is no reason or justification to repeat or surpass them. "Teacher, he did it first!" didn't work in primary/grade school did it - why think it will work now as an adult in an adult world?

I refer the honourable gentleman to my foot note: "A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." (William Shakespeare, "As You Like It", Act 5 scene 1)

• Like 1

So, you would completely ignore and disenfranchise the millions of rice farmers, tuk-tuk and taxi drivers, the millions of street vendors and mom & pop businesses who pay little to no tax, and who never had the opportunity to get a higher education? In other words, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Thai citizens. Seems like I heard something like this a few years ago. Only those with a Bachelor's Degree could vote. Oh, yeah. PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul. You related to him by any chance?

People with low education can easily be seduced. (See the brainwashed reds)

If you know some facts and understand something about life and policy (I just pretend)

- would you want the way your hard earned tax money goes and your success and future life

be destroyed by seduced puppet voters?

Please understand - I do not want to invalidate those hard working people who were not so lucky to get a better education.

I would like to give them and their children a chance to get better information and education

- so they will not fall prey to red hate PR or any other dishonest seduction (from the "yellows", the "amart" of who and whatever)

Do you understand that democracy can destroy itself if there are at least 51 % illiterate and brainwashed voters?

I am afraid this is what is going on in Thailand right now.

There is also evidence that low educated people tend to violence and aggression instead of discussion and trying to understand

Look at the reds (or statistics of inmates in the US e.g. if you want another example)

SO all illiterate and low education people can be brainwashed? None of them are smart enough to know which party will be best for them? What a pile of horse pucky. The yellow shirt educated followers are just as easily brainwashed as the poor . Let thailand vote fairly..... this means every adult who is a citizen.... that is true democracy.. jmho tho

If it takes a civil war for the majority of the population to retain their civil rights then so be it.

The majority of the population do not want a civil war. Just a few nuts who are mostly on Thaksin's payroll.

The majority of the population want their democratic vote, after having it stripped from them.... again... Because they just won't vote in the 'correct' people, d@mn them. rolleyes.gif

I would like to see an election where only people that pay taxes, eligible students and senior citizens get to vote. The results would be astounding I'm sure. wink.png

So, you would completely ignore and disenfranchise the millions of rice farmers, tuk-tuk and taxi drivers, the millions of street vendors and mom & pop businesses who pay little to no tax, and who never had the opportunity to get a higher education? In other words, the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of Thai citizens. Seems like I heard something like this a few years ago. Only those with a Bachelor's Degree could vote. Oh, yeah. PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul. You related to him by any chance?

Here's the problem. It's not about the vote. It's about what happens between elections. Thaksin's policy is "you voted me in, now I do as I please until the next election". He's said this publicly before.

This is so far from the concept of democracy as the people aren't being listened to or represented between elections, and are easily tricked to vote again with a bit of 'candy'.

This is why things need to change.

Simple enough for you? (Probably not).

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is exactly why Thaksin wants Thailand. ASEAN is going to change SE Asia and bring many opportunities to the represented countries here. Thaksin sees big money ahead, and he wants his hands on it. He could give a rats ass about improving Thailand as a whole. He is only thinking of how rich he'll become. I really believe he has planned this over the past 10 or more years. I also believe he will manipulate everything to his favor of becoming "President for Life". Therefore, Thaksin will not loose, as he has previously stated. If he can't have it, then he will destroy it. God help the Thai people.

Thaksin is already so rich he is drowning in it. What is he going to do with billions more - use it for toilet paper?

You mean the guy that once said that he is too wealthy to need to be corrupt before he was first elected, then formally prosecuted and found guilty of corruption - that guy? The guy who made some 450 billion baht in the last 3 years. The guy that changed tax laws so he could illegally sell Shin Corp. to a foreign power and get to keep the tax due? The guy that compulsory bought land and then sold it at a reduced price by auction that only his wife knew about?

Since when has any wealthy person ever wanted to be more wealthy - an excellent agreement there - not!

You obviously don't know much about the sale of Shin Corp . He didn't change any tax laws. The government changed the laws relating to foreign ownership of telecommunication companies in Thailand. They changed the laws after they had been severely harassed to do so by the Democrat opposition, with Abhisit being one of the most vociferous supporters of the change in the law.

Your analysis is flawed - have a look at the General's comments with respect to military involvement during the whole of this debacle. See how quick he was to jump on the secession threats. They learned a lesson in 2006, even in a bloodless coup, that resulted in 2010 nightmare. This is the only reason they have been slow to act this time. If someone had taken Suthep off the streets, all h3ll would have broken loose (Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war) - that is why no one did; they had plenty of chances to safely lift him - he attended court once to acknowledge the silly murder change, went to the Senate building this month to congratulate the new speaker, and many other occasions.

Asking what Suthep has done with money freely handed to him by the people in the street is rich when so many billions are missing from government accounts, eh?

BTW There is no democratically elected government - it was dissolved voluntarily last year.

Many occasions YL turned down Suthep's requests to talk openly - this was ignored, denied or only accepted with PTP restrictions. He even offered for televised and independently (foreign) mediated talks. It wasn't until YL's team had spit out their dummies that suddenly they wanted to talk.

I,m really am not a supporter of this Government or red shirts. The Government is totaly inept and should be tossed out democratically. The red shirts are not democratic and use violence as their tool. However, The Democrats have done nothing to help improve matters and let that nut Suthep (self appointed ruler of the world) loose on the streets to do their bidding. However, Suthep has not intention of helping the Democrats, he seeks glory for himself and his well hidden backers.

Suthep was a rich man before fools on the street gave him any money, where did he get his money from. Just saying.

As for the Army, they have made it quite clear as recently as today that they have no intention of helping Suthep but will intervene if things get out of hand. In other words if the reds want violence they will step in. Of course Suthep is praying for this to happen.

You mean the guy that once said that he is too wealthy to need to be corrupt before he was first elected, then formally prosecuted and found guilty of corruption - that guy? The guy who made some 450 billion baht in the last 3 years. The guy that changed tax laws so he could illegally sell Shin Corp. to a foreign power and get to keep the tax due? The guy that compulsory bought land and then sold it at a reduced price by auction that only his wife knew about?

Since when has any wealthy person ever wanted to be more wealthy - an excellent agreement there - not!

Which begs the question, when is enough enough for an old aged guy who doesn't have many years left? When do you start to enjoy what little time you have left. I wouldn't presume to be a mind reader like the OP, but perhaps you are with him?

Some of the morons who get to post on here? Really? Got any figures or percentages?

After six posts, you seem to know a lot... maybe an experienced poster here are you? Did you insult the king, or yourself in useless diatribe, to get banned?

So as Peely asked... which re-incarnation are you?

In addition, anybody who describes themselves as normal... is abnormal..... as we all know we have bad traits, in one way or another, or at least the normal amongst us do.... that is a psychological fact!

So in rhetoric, what is it you are on, and what are you thinking, in response, in order to MAKE simple observations about this site? You quite obviously have wanted to fragment, in order to disguise yourself... yet again.

NO NEED to address experienced members with the words "what the hell are you on" also.. really... you won't make friends too quickly. wink.png

I know a lot, and learnt most of it in places other than this forum. Experienced member get of your high horse. Experienced at what exactly?

The Thai people should destroy him. End of problem. Som nam na...

Finally those 2 words. Not a great show for this country in the short or long term. With ASEAN kicking off next year the last thing Thailand needs is to be stuck in the midst of a civil war. As ASEAN start to promote themselves around the world everybody will look at the other countries first, industry will move and Thailand might just discover that the world outside its borders has a far greater effect on it than it sometimes cares to believe.

Behind this problem are two sizeable groups of people seemingly opposed to each other, sponsored by powerful opponents who claim the virtue of being right, both with the wealth to cover their sins.

Until the Thai people become aware that they are literally fighting for their own individual rights together, they will slavishly follow either one of the opposing factions and just tear each other apart with no gain.

Thailand must get the maturity to follow its own laws. All acts of violence, theft and corruption, must go through the courts.

Patience must replace violence at all costs.

• Like 2

the elites will have a gorilla war on their doorstep has been promised by the disenfranchised robbed of their votes crowd

thakisin has things goin on that we cant discuss on here

Edited by 3NUMBAS

the elites will have a gorilla war on their doorstep has been promised by the disenfranchised robbed of their votes crowd

thakisin has things goin on that we cant discuss on here

Gorilla-Sniper_1_.png

• Like 1

Some of the morons who get to post on here? Really? Got any figures or percentages?

After six posts, you seem to know a lot... maybe an experienced poster here are you? Did you insult the king, or yourself in useless diatribe, to get banned?

So as Peely asked... which re-incarnation are you?

In addition, anybody who describes themselves as normal... is abnormal..... as we all know we have bad traits, in one way or another, or at least the normal amongst us do.... that is a psychological fact!

So in rhetoric, what is it you are on, and what are you thinking, in response, in order to MAKE simple observations about this site? You quite obviously have wanted to fragment, in order to disguise yourself... yet again.

NO NEED to address experienced members with the words "what the hell are you on" also.. really... you won't make friends too quickly. wink.png

I know a lot, and learnt most of it in places other than this forum. Experienced member get of your high horse. Experienced at what exactly?

At posting on forums, without provocation perhaps?

Of course, none of us have learnt anything else, elsewhere, have we?

• Like 1