Police Apologise To Buddha Issara For Tear Gas Barrage

This monk was already condemned and defrocked in abstentia by the Buddhist order. He is a traitor to Buddhism and a traitor of Thailand. This monk has supervised torture and beatings of police and red shirts. They should have arrested him on the spot.

He reminds me of monks in Myanmar that lead frenzied crowds to murder Rohingya.

They should have arrested him on the spot.

Why didnt they? I do believe he has an arrest warrant out on him as well.

Why havent they arrested Suthep?

Because they are cowards and afraid of Karma if they arrest a holy man.

Which begs this question, why are they afraid ?, TV finest Buddhist "experts" keep telling us the monk is a fake, so if said monk is fake, why are RTP afraid of Karma ?, in a similar vein if the monk has been defrocked, he is no longer a monk, so once again why are they afraid ?

Could we suggest that TV rabid Reds are wrong, the monk hasn't been defrocked, and he is not a fake monk, but a real monk ?

I think they are not afraid of him being a monk, or not..., but they are scared shitless of his influence and following. I can just picture the chain of command instances on that fateful day:

1.standing order: warn the trespassers - use teargas and water cannon to disperse

2.boss, trespassers dispersed, but I think we hit the monk! wub.png

3.oh no, what are we going to do w00t.gif

4. they will come back and spank us! I am scared xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU.png

5. send someone to get some flowers, we're going to need them...wai.gif

basically the Thai Police Force is full of bravado against individuals or unsupported groups, but when it comes to influence and power the tail goes between the legs and they slink back into the shadows - can't blame them, it's a reflex.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The police apologized to a man dressing up in Buddhist monk robes. That's somewhat frightening and disheartening at the same time.

Another claim that he isn't a monk. Is there any legitimate information anywhere that he has been expelled (or whatever it's called) from the monkhood? I discount the TV people who say he is no longer a monk because he is involved in politics, or ate meat, or had impure thoughts, or got angry once or something.

He isnt. He was to be defroked and when this is over he may very well be unless he pays them off like he is doing with his thugs.

Thai police really are amazing. Everyday we have news of police in America unjustly shooting civilians dead for various dumb reasons because the police "lost control" of a situation, but here we have Thai police bearing garlands and then humbly kneeling and asking for forgiveness. Simply amazing. One has to wonder how US Marines would react if this group had tried to enter the US Embassy, and when refused entry began removing protective barriers. Doubtless theywould nothesitate to shoot firstand thenask questions later. Just amazing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Amazingly pathetic is more like it.

This bum in a robe was wrong and true to form in this culture, his child-like brain refuses to accept the repercussions of his own actions and the fact he got totally embarrassed in public getting gassed and sprayed in his special little robe.

So yes, this is an amazingly pathetic display of anyone who dons religious clothes expects and actually gets, special treatment. Also, the head cops see the writing on the wall here, so in the interest of self-preservation, they sent over some low ranking lackey cops to perform this "act" under the color of Buddhism when really, the head coppers hope to be remembered kindly when the new regime starts swinging the axe at collaborators and sympathizers.

I would argue that this was a correct act. Civilization runs on social lubricants.

For Canadians, this means beer and politeness.

Thailand, flower garlands and politeness.

USA - don't know

It's not about social lubricants.

Thai police really are amazing. Everyday we have news of police in America unjustly shooting civilians dead for various dumb reasons because the police "lost control" of a situation, but here we have Thai police bearing garlands and then humbly kneeling and asking for forgiveness. Simply amazing. One has to wonder how US Marines would react if this group had tried to enter the US Embassy, and when refused entry began removing protective barriers. Doubtless theywould nothesitate to shoot firstand thenask questions later. Just amazing.

That's the reason that America is 1 of the countries in the world with the littlest amount of democracy, honesty, morals, common sense, and justice...

Amazing Thailand! Never occur in ANY other country and I am now awaiting the Thai police to appologize to me for all the tea money they have ripped me off for over the years.

The police apologized to a man dressing up in Buddhist monk robes. That's somewhat frightening and disheartening at the same time.

Another claim that he isn't a monk. Is there any legitimate information anywhere that he has been expelled (or whatever it's called) from the monkhood? I discount the TV people who say he is no longer a monk because he is involved in politics, or ate meat, or had impure thoughts, or got angry once or something.

He isnt. He was to be defroked and when this is over he may very well be unless he pays them off like he is doing with his thugs.

Puerile response. Paying who off? The police?

I too would like to know whether he is a real monk or not. Umpteen posts have said he's not but I suspect that it's another caseload of hate overriding judgement or real knowledge.

The reaction of the police seems to point to their fear of the guy.

Anyone have any evidence (such as a link to a reliable source) that he is not a monk?

Edited by khunken

What's amazing is how many idiots compare what's happening here to what's happening in the U.S. - or other countries.

What's amazing is how many TV members lable other members idiots without justification. To compare the methods adopted in Thailand to another country is not unreasonable. At least srsv1238's post contained some substance.

Now if only the politicians would show such humility maybe this mess could be sorted out once and for all. alt=clap2.gif>

Humility brought about by force and intimidation is never an honest humility. wai2.gif

Now if only the politicians would show such humility maybe this mess could be sorted out once and for all. alt=clap2.gif>

Humility brought about by force and intimidation is never an honest humility. wai2.gif

Well in this case it worked whether it was honest or not. Not many would expect honesty from the police & CAPO anyway.

Oh come on gabruce your denial make you look foolish. Do you really think that his behaviour is that of a monk? Accept the fact that there are good and bad people on both sides of the divide. He unfortunately is one of the bad guys. I was at a new part on Friday where a fellow expats step son was off to the temple for a week. The discussion of how can you tell the difference between a real and a fake month came up and the answer was that a real monk has a shaved head and shaved eye brows. I dont know if that is true or not but it seemed good enough to a dozen well oiled farangs. wai.gif

Edited by Mr Yim

I know of no other Thai monk that gives themselves the title "Buddha", eg "Buddha Issara". The reason is, that Buddha is not a name, it is a title that means "enlightened one".

On of the biggest rules of thai buddhism for monks is, is that if any monk makes a claim to be enlightened to his/her followers, they are no longer a monk. It is the most serious rule, alongside murder, that warrants immediate expulsion from monkhood. Its to prevent charlatans like this monk from taking advantage of buddhism and their followers.

therefore any claim that this monk is fake are 100% true, he lost his status as a monk long ago

the police in the US murder people.

Jus curious. How long have you been in Thailand?

Dohhhhhh. Just when I was thinking the USA was not going to get mentioned in this thread.. out come the dummies, throwing curve balls again...evading the issues.

I know of no other Thai monk that gives themselves the title "Buddha", eg "Buddha Issara". The reason is, that Buddha is not a name, it is a title that means "enlightened one".

On of the biggest rules of thai buddhism for monks is, is that if any monk makes a claim to be enlightened to his/her followers, they are no longer a monk. It is the most serious rule, alongside murder, that warrants immediate expulsion from monkhood. Its to prevent charlatans like this monk from taking advantage of buddhism and their followers.

therefore any claim that this monk is fake are 100% true, he lost his status as a monk long ago

Your credibility is zero so posting this rubbish (based on hatred) is meaningless.

Claims that this monk is fake will only be credible if a recognisable body has said so or defrocked him. Until the evidence is provided, he is a genuine monk.

Provide the evidence if you can or stop posting from ignorance.

What's amazing is how many idiots compare what's happening here to what's happening in the U.S. - or other countries.

What's amazing is how many TV members lable other members idiots without justification. To compare the methods adopted in Thailand to another country is not unreasonable. At least srsv1238's post contained some substance.

The poster didn’t witness the event. He read a short news report at the beginning of this thread. And then stupid fell out. Where is the substance in his post or yours?

He didn’t compare methods. He compared an actual event in Thailand to hypothetical situations in the U.S. Then, he made assumptions about the Thai police, American police and the U.S. Marines.

Many of us don’t believe the Thai police are amazing. In addition, we’re not exactly thrilled with Thai news reporting agencies. But, we’re interested in what happens here. That’s why we belong to a Thai forum.

So, what’s my point?

1. If I want to read stupid opinions about other countries, I’ll join their forum.

2. I regret using the word ‘idiots’. Next time, I’ll use the word ‘amazing’ smile.png

Edited by rijb

Your credibility is zero so posting this rubbish (based on hatred) is meaningless.

Claims that this monk is fake will only be credible if a recognisable body has said so or defrocked him. Until the evidence is provided, he is a genuine monk.

He loses his status as a monk immediately after breaking any major rule, defrocking is a formality.

I might post the question in the Buddhist forum, im sure there are a few former monks that can confirm the rules. Ill post back with a link to clear this up.

edit. question posted,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725303-is-buddha-issara-pcad-leader-a-real-monk/

Edited by moonao

He loses his status as a monk immediately after breaking any major rule, defrocking is a formality.

I might post the question in the Buddhist forum, im sure there are a few former monks that can confirm the rules. Ill post back with a link to clear this up.

I'm always hearing people saying that the whole country loves a bit of corruption so why blame the corrupt politicians?

So if the whole country breaks the Buddhist rules why blame the monks when they do it?

edit. question posted,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/725303-is-buddha-issara-pcad-leader-a-real-monk/

I note that you have also posted this:

A bhikkhu's wrong mode of livelihood also includes:

"running messages and errands for kings, ministers of state, householders, etc. A modern example would be participating in political campaigns." (BMC p.152)

It is highly unlikely that the 'modern example' has any credibility. One only has to look at both Myanmar and Sri Lanka.

In Myanmar thousands of monks demonstrated against the military junta a few years ago. They weren't defrocked but some were killed and others imprisoned. More recently monks in Myanmar have been very active in stirring up extreme violence against the Rohingya. No defrocking & even less attempt to stop them.

In Sri Lanka there is a Buddhist party consisting entirely of monks. They support the government there (and genocide against the Tamils) so there are no attempts to defrock them.

In summary monks are accepted if they support the rulers and attacked (or worse) if they demonstrate against the ruling clique. Defrocking is not an issue unless the rulers give themselves that power. Opinions of former monks are not worth much. It's the opinion of a body like the Sangha that counts.

edit. question posted,

"running messages and errands for kings, ministers of state, householders, etc. A modern example would be participating in political campaigns." (BMC p.152)

It is highly unlikely that the 'modern example' has any credibility. One only has to look at both Myanmar and Sri Lanka.

Myanmar and Sri Lanka have different interpretations of the scriptures.

Remember, "Buddha" Issara was ordained as a Thai monk.

Edited by moonao

edit. question posted,

I'm not a Buddhist scholar so I can't dispute whether Sri Lanka's or Myanmar's interpretation is that different to Thailand's.

However I'm glad to see you acknowledge that the Thai monk was ordained. So unless he has been defrocked, he remains an ordained monk. Using the word 'fake' implies that he was never a monk, so it is a lie.

• Like 1

edit. question posted,

I'm not a Buddhist scholar so I can't dispute whether Sri Lanka's or Myanmar's interpretation is that different to Thailand's.

However I'm glad to see you acknowledge that the Thai monk was ordained. So unless he has been defrocked, he remains an ordained monk. Using the word 'fake' implies that he was never a monk, so it is a lie.

like I said earlier, he loses his status immediately after he commits a major offense, defrocking by seniors is just the formality.

keep an eye on the comments to the thread in the Buddhist forum for a response that confirms/denies what I claim. cheers.

like I said earlier, he loses his status immediately after he commits a major offense, defrocking by seniors is just the formality.

keep an eye on the comments to the thread in the Buddhist forum for a response that confirms/denies what I claim. cheers.

And of course, by your own admission, there are different interpretations of the scripture, the answers you may get, may differ dependent on what side of the political divide the poster is on, one assumes dear Moonao, you will not start linking to only posts which suit your own agenda, you wouldn't do something like that would you...whistling.gif

And of course, by your own admission, there are different interpretations of the scripture, the answers you may get, may differ dependent on what side of the political divide the poster is on, one assumes dear Moonao, you will not start linking to only posts which suit your own agenda, you wouldn't do something like that would you... alt=whistling.gif>

Different interpretations according to the Sanga a monk belongs to. This monk belongs to the Thai sanga, headed by the Sangaracha.

He is subject to thai monk rules, not Tibet monk rules or Burma, or yellow or red rules, or political rules, or what ever rules he thinks he can make up.

Edited by moonao
  • Like 1

Not acceptable. Guilty before trial comes to mind. No I won't be keeping an eye on that thread as (I said previously) former monks opinions are nothing more than opinion, not fact.

You seem to be the 'judge & jury' determining whether he committed a 'major offense' or not. In fact your earlier posts already found him guilty.

Now you're just seeking justification for your verdict.

Again totally unacceptable. (no response about the 'fake' lie?)

• Like 1

Not acceptable. Guilty before trial comes to mind.

keep in mind that Buddhism is a religion of the mind

Not acceptable. Guilty before trial comes to mind.

So what. Just about any religion is all about belief and many argue that Buddhism is not a religion at all.

You're not attempting to discuss my arguments in totality, just selectively. You're the charlatan Moonao not the monk.

All religions are of the mind, strictly speaking Buddhism is not a religion anyway, but a belief system.

belief and faith is more Islam and Christianity.

Buddhism is not about blind belief but more about practise and mindfulness and meditation and learning for oneself, similar to the path of the Buddha