Oven, Stove And Kitchen Appliances

EVAN

Hi,

how can I find oven and modren kitchen Appliances in bangkok, any advice please?

building my house in Bangkok and I need purcha get those items

thanx

BTW, Iam new member!

Hi Evan and welcome :o 'Number of posts 1" is a bit of a giveaway :D

Anyway, a good starting point for Western style ovens and stuff is one of the larger branches of HomePro, not the cheapest, but you can get a good idea as to what's available and how much you should expect to pay :D

Where in BKK are you, maybe someone can point you in the direction of the nearest branch.

Hi Evan - welcome to the community!

Agree with HomePro, above - good for not just kitchen appliances, but pretty much everything you need for kitting out a new house.

Also Index - kind of like Ikea - sells western kitchen appliances too.

Branches of both are littered around the various malls like Future Park etc.

Hi EVAN,

You might check out the small appliance store close to your new house. Being able to buy things close to home is a real bonus especially in Bangkok where commuting can be expensive and time consuming. Also, sometimes the best bargains are actually found at these small stores...not often, but sometimes. Also sometimes there are advantage to having a more personal relationship with a small local store....they might have more reliable repair people....or deliver for free....or offer you some special snack they are eating when you drop by to say "hi"....

Chownah

Hi Evan

You're going to find that HomePro is very expesnive - but looks very Western and so is familiar - like Central Dept Store (also too expensive).

I agree Index Stores are a good place to start and so are Tesco-Lotus and Big-C. The latter also sell appliances or 'white goods' as the Brits call em. Buying a fridge is pretty easy and competitive pricing. But finding a Western-style stove-oven is more difficult.

Depends on how budget consious you are..if you don't care about price you can find anything you want here (at HomePro). Also the upmarket department stores like Central and Emporium have all this stuff..especially the latter..quite impressive.

If I was building a new house, and lots of money, I'd have a Hi-So Thai style kitchen (which looks like a Western one)..but then has a second kitchen sort of outside yet adjacent where the real food is cooked in the woks and with the dual gas-fired burners. You don't want to cook that kind of food in your 'real' kitchen unless you have a major-league stainless steel extractor hood above the stove.. I know this from experience - learned the hard way - within a week everything will have an inch-thick layer of grease on it! Too late for me - save yourself!

Hi,

how can I find oven and modren kitchen Appliances in bangkok, any advice please?

building my house in Bangkok and I need purcha get those items

thanx

BTW, Iam new member!

Hi Evan and welcome :o 'Number of posts 1" is a bit of a giveaway :D

Anyway, a good starting point for Western style ovens and stuff is one of the larger branches of HomePro, not the cheapest, but you can get a good idea as to what's available and how much you should expect to pay :D

Where in BKK are you, maybe someone can point you in the direction of the nearest branch.

thanx , much appreciates that.

building in Thonburi ( the other side of the river ), I am in Sydney now!

The house nearly finished, will be ready around october this year ( my in-laws helping me building the house now!). I told them about about home Pro. waititng to hear from them.

The house nearly finished, will be ready around october this year ( my in-laws helping me building the house now!). I told them about about home Pro. waititng to hear from them.

Hmmm, if I let my in-laws design my kitchen I'd end up with a hole in the ground filled with wood / charcoal with a pot propped up on top :o

Having said that, the food produced by this equipment always tastes great :D

Homepro is expensive, but as said above, it makes you feel 'home'. Service is however absolutely terrible as in most places here.

I have never come across a small shop that can compete with the big guns here in Thailand. It is a shame to say as i would much rather use, but they really are unbelievable more expensive. The VERy rare times when you might find the coil of wire that is 20 baht cheaper than Cementhai will have cost you 200 baht in gasoline to find it.

At least you know where you stand with Homepro.

If you need more info, drop me a line.

Regards