Abhisit worries the political situation could escalate into a coup

Lite Beer

Abhisit worries the political situation could escalate into a coup

BANGKOK, 11 May 2014, (NNT) -The Democrat Party Leader, Abhisit Vejjajiva, has expressed his concern over the current political impasse, saying that if the situation does not improve soon, it may escalate into a coup d'etat.

His comment was made on Friday. Mr. Abhisit said that residents are under a lot of stress, being pressured by political factors and the lack of government stability. However, he again insisted on the need for reform before a general election was held, saying that that approach is the only way to move the nation forward.

The Democrat Party Leader said the presence of protesters and the increasing frequency of attacks in the city have gradually instilled fear in Bangkok residents, claiming that some are anticipating a coup, should the situation continue as it is.

When asked if the new administration under acting Prime Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan would implement Mr. Abhisit's earlier proposed national exit strategy, the party leader said it wasn't too late to do so, adding however that if the new premier chose to follow his suggestion, the cabinet would have to step down, making way for an appointed government and the start of a process of reform.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-11 footer_n.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a few hurdles to jump in this issue, besides the fanatical colours making negative remarks , first it would need to be like last time, no blood spilled, the heat from the International community would be intense , if you think it is hot in the kitchen now , wait to the embargo's are placed on Thailand, specially finance, CIC General Phrayuth would not like the troops laying down their weapons ,refuse to shoot their family members , not on he's watch, the soldiers who do fire and kill other soldiers family members, would be dead meat, not a good look these coups, not in this day 2014. If there is a coup it will need to be directed towards the ones who created this mess in the first place they would need to be rounded up at 4Am in the morning and taken away just like the four and half thousand were ,under the guise of drug trafficking under Thaskin's watch, couldn't be any clearer than that.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Another change of attitude from this imposter!

Sutep must have torn him a new one after he dared try and isolate the dems from this fascist yellow rabble!

Arrest sutep and the fake monk and call for elections on the 20th of July .

I know the yellows don't want one because they will lose but it's better than blood in the streets!

You seem to believe that if there is an election, there will be no blood in the streets.

Why is that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Give us a break whats with the good cop bad cop BS, we all know that both Suthep and Abhisit answer to the same masters!

Yeah! I guess they learned alot from how the PTP follow their master

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sutep must have torn him a new one after he dared try and isolate the dems from this fascist yellow rabble!

I know the yellows don't want one because they will lose but it's better than blood in the streets!

What makes you think they will lose. Last elections resulta show a different picture than you paint. With more than half refusin to vote and out of the half that did cast a ballot their majority defaced or cast a No vote. Seems that the results showed the majority dont trust elections anymore and for sure dont want PTP running things again.

Those results can not be blamed on protestors either so dont try twistin my words to shie differently. Anyonr can read yesterdays article about the election results

• Like 2

Give us a break whats with the good cop bad cop BS, we all know that both Suthep and Abhisit answer to the same masters!

As you seem to know something that my self an many other members do not know

we all are eager to see the proof you have that this is a fact, not just your opinion

Now you would not be making this up would you

A coup would be the logical next step in Thailand's never ending political cycle.

This cycle, which is to the long term detriment of the country, can only be broken when the Ruling Elite accept that they no longer possess unfettered power and that some of their riches, obtained by the toil of the Thai people will be required as taxation in order to redress the country's huge wealth gap.

Mr. Suthep is living evidence that the Elite have not reached that point yet - and as they control the judiciary, the senate and most government ministries and the operate under a constitution that they railroaded through in 2007, there is life in them yet.

absolutely right

they are kicking, they are screaming, they are lying

anything to retain 'control and power' but it's a question of time and paradigm shift - it's over but 'when'? could be another 5 years or more

PS Abhisit is part of the problem - weak and ineffectual and his 'best strategy' is NO democracy!

we are talking about Thailand

what democracy are you talking about

a country that has no freedom of speech in the North

You call that democracy

post-13618-0-50340300-1399779374_thumb.p

Tezza the higher up they answer to question has been linked many a time.

However it's against the forum rules to say why everything is going the way it is and one only needs to read between the lines and not openly talk about what really is going on and why.

• Like 1

good post, its total anarchy by the yellows, and a big jail sentence is needed for Suthep

• Like 1

Worries or hopes?

Because if Suthep prevails, he isn't going to be required for quite a while.

worries as Suthep told pretty clear that Abhisit isn't needed and the Democrats can't reform the country (ergo are corrupt themself and the man knows what he speaks about).

So Abhisit is also off the feeding trough......he doesn't like that.....

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yeah! I guess they learned alot from how the PTP follow their master

Well you are correct in a way as there really is no difference between either people at the top, they are both just puppets to a bigger picture, but this system and who has control has been in place since day one!

"Abhisit worries the political situation could escalate into a coup"

Dear Abhisit, you're the worst opposition leader who with these words, that you mentioned above, are asking for the easy way out. Such a behavior is so symbolic for a coward who is hiding behind Suthep's back and let him do the dirty work aka organizing the PDRC mobs on your expense.

Cowards who avoid actions, do not deserve to be recognized and aren't any better than Opposition leaders who manipulate the Election-Collection-Commission for their own purpose.

• Like 1