Shopping mall three times the size of Siam Paragon to launch in Bangna

webfact

Shopping mall three times the size of Siam Paragon to launch in Bangna
By Coconuts Bangkok

bnffsnhcaaadgkf.jpg?itok=Q0GUvLVa

BANGKOK: -- Shopping malls in Bangkok tend to fall under two distinct categories: big or fancy.

Central Embassy, which opened last week, falls firmly under the category of fancy with more than 200 internationally renowned names such as Bottega Veneta, Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Miu Miu, Prada and Ralph Lauren.

The Mall Group -- a rival to Central Group-- plans to invest THB20 billion into its ‘’Bangkok Mall’’ project.

The Mall Group owns Siam Paragon and The Emporium, but now they plan to build a mall three times the size of Siam Paragon on 160,000 square meters of land at Bangna intersection. It will be the biggest mall in Thailand.[read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/12/shopping-mall-three-times-size-siam-paragon-launch-bangna

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-05-12

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, the people of three villages on the Bangkok-Samut Prakan province line get their prayers answered, and soon will no longer have to endure the agony of travelling two kilometres east to Central Bang Na.

Exits are not clearly marked. Egress hallways are not designed as thoroughfares, should there ever be the need for a mass exodus from that building, many persons would become casualties.

You mean like the last time there was a need for a mass exodus from that building, four years ago?

You may be right (or not) but in actual tests under actual combat and fire conditions, there haven't been a lot of casualties inside CentralWorld.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

Pretty soon you will be able to drive from Bangkok to Chonburi and see nothing but concrete and factories.

...what am I saying, it's like that now.

As for the Bangkok Mall in Samut Prakan ....remind me when it's finished so I can avoid the area.

They pave Paradise and put up a shopping mall.

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

With all the new wealth around, rich farmers and factory workers, they need to be able to spend in comfort.

Thailand.........shop till you drop.

• Like 2

Pretty soon you will be able to drive from Bangkok to Chonburi and see nothing but concrete and factories.

...what am I saying, it's like that now.

As for the Bangkok Mall in Samut Prakan ....remind me when it's finished so I can avoid the area.

They pave Paradise and put up a shopping mall.

You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

With all the new wealth around, rich farmers and factory workers, they need to be able to spend in comfort.

Thailand.........shop till you drop.

Did Mega Bangna close, Seacon Disappeared? Last Frid after around 3pm I had the misfortune of driving up Sukhumvit to Bearing for a meeting....can only imagine what this area will be like when that mall is being built / finished.

• Like 1

Finally, the people of three villages on the Bangkok-Samut Prakan province line get their prayers answered, and soon will no longer have to endure the agony of travelling two kilometres east to Central Bang Na.

Exits are not clearly marked. Egress hallways are not designed as thoroughfares, should there ever be the need for a mass exodus from that building, many persons would become casualties.

You mean like the last time there was a need for a mass exodus from that building, four years ago?

You may be right (or not) but in actual tests under actual combat and fire conditions, there haven't been a lot of casualties inside CentralWorld.

Probably because it was evacuated for weeks before already when they put it on fire.

• Like 1

Thailand, the hub of concrete malls. I hate them, utterly boring.

I just recently read an article, I think on BBC, about the malls dying out in the US. Maybe in 20y you can buy yourself a deserted mall and play zombie.

Wanda,

Please provide details of incident 4 years ago.

What day of the week did it occur?

Thanks

Dumb people is big business. Mall after mall then when you got tired of the malls, facebook is going to save the day.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by A1Str8

With three times the same stores...

Quite true - it does seem as if most of these malls have mostly the same retailers - but still there are things that will draw people to a specific mall...

- retailers that are not well presented elsewhere (like Ikea, Pepe Jeans)

- food

- other stuff like ice skating, kids facilities

- proximity

Bang Na is somewhat cut off by the traffic and there's a lot of people living there, so a mall in that area should do quite well IMO - the old Imperial there is falling to bits and I imagine it will die a death after this

With three times the same stores...

Quite true - it does seem as if most of these malls have mostly the same retailers - but still there are things that will draw people to a specific mall...

- retailers that are not well presented elsewhere (like Ikea, Pepe Jeans)

- food

- other stuff like ice skating, kids facilities

- proximity

Bang Na is somewhat cut off by the traffic and there's a lot of people living there, so a mall in that area should do quite well IMO - the old Imperial there is falling to bits and I imagine it will die a death after this

Not only the same retailers, but depending on the retailers --- the same junk. The same crap all sourced from the same place, selling for the same price... Same crappy clothes. And if it is a decent retailer, selling for full retail. When in normal places - most of those clothes would ALWAYS be on sale.

Guess we just wait and see again. So far, every Central I have been in is pretty much same stores, same junk.