A/C service companies recommendations ?

luudee

Can anybody recommend a decent A/C service company ?

Preferably run by a Thai person - I am tired of
dealing with farang run companies ...

I'm living on the dark side ...

Thanks,
luudee
  • Like 1

Just had a couple of A/Cs serviced today by NT Air Service. Their office is just off Thrappasit - tel 089-9361910.

3rd year using them. Main guy has some English but they are all definitely Thai ;-)

500 baht per unit for full clean out and check of gas level.
  • Like 1

luudee...if you had simply used _search_ you would have found a week old thread on AC service companies!

I'd posted the below comments on that thread...and was so impressed with PK Air., I'm re-posting it here:

I used PK Air on Thepprasit Rd...  081-1777437  038-300913

I'd called them last week. They initially scheduled me for Monday (Apr-5), but later phoned
as Monday is a holiday and rescheduled for today (Apr-7). The office called before my app't
time to make sure I would be home and the techs (4) arrived on time.

I rent a condo and wanted both AC units cleaned and if necessary recharged.

The owner bought the condo 12-years ago and once the AC techs began cleaning
the units, it was quickly evident they have _never_ previously been cleaned!
The  techs must have washed over a kilo of dirt & dust out of the units!! They were filthy!!

The job took them 2-hours...and the bill was 800-Bt (400-Bt ea unit). When they gave me the bill
I also gave them a few extra Baht, for their excellent work, though they didn't ask for a tip.

II was impressed with the service...!

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendations guys ...

@LukDod, I did do a search, and everything that showed up was a year old. I just redid the
search and see that I only looked at the date the threads where started, not the last posts.
I shall be more careful next time ! :-)

Thanks,
luudee

• 1 month later...

OMG, just called "NT Air Service, just off Thrappasit - tel 089-9361910"

Asked how much a gas refill would be, was told it is about 2,500 baht per unit !!!

Are they nuts ?

"PK Air on Thepprasit Rd... 081-1777437 038-300913"

Just came by.

- Filled and cleaned up one A/C.
- Topped of a second unit
- Checked a 3rd unit

all 3 are inverters, need R410 ...

Charged me 500 baht (for everything) ! I tipped the boys another 500 baht, they did a great job ...

luudee Edited by luudee

Numchai has been recommended several times.

Ive used NUMCHAI for many years and always been pleased with them until this week.

I had a service booked in with them for Monday this week and sure enough they turned up etc, but all they did was a very very fast wash with pressurised water only of the internals and a external basic wash of the compressor.  No cleaning agents at all... I felt that was a waste of time compared to previous services...it cost a reasonable 450 Baht, but not a very good job..they took about 15 minutes from arrival to leaving.

Edited by Pdavies99

Asked how much a gas refill would be, was told it is about 2,500 baht per unit !!!

Are they nuts ?

There's a big difference in the amount of gas needed for a refill compared to a top up.

They quoted you for a refill, that's why it was 2500bt.  

Are they nuts ?

There's a big difference in the amount of gas needed for a refill compared to a top up.

They quoted you for a refill, that's why it was 2500bt.

I'm not aware of any situation where a literal *refill* is needed.
I apologize for using the wrong term here ...

A native thai speaker called them, and explained that a "top-up" was needed.
Specifically it was explained that the A/C was "low on gas" ...

I am sure they understood correctly.

In my opinion this was a rip-off attempt ....

luudee

Numchai has been recommended several times.

Ive used NUMCHAI for many years and always been pleased with them until this week.

I had a service booked in with them for Monday this week and sure enough they turned up etc, but all they did was a very very fast wash with pressurised water only of the internals and a external basic wash of the compressor.  No cleaning agents at all... I felt that was a waste of time compared to previous services...it cost a reasonable 450 Baht, but not a very good job..they took about 15 minutes from arrival to leaving.

FYI, PK Air was here for at least two hours. My A/C was really
low on gas, and one of the guys had to go back and get a second
tank of gas ...

I was very surprised that the bill was that low ...

luudee

• 4 weeks later...

bump

now two questions:

1-what exactly should be done with/to the part of the system that is outside?

2-is it me or is it completely retarded that every one that has ever come to work on my ac unit or any unit anywhere in thailand insists on turning the thermostat down to 20 degrees or less and the fan up to max.  this simply does NOT make common sense to me but i could be missing something,

to test the thermostat you need it at a reasonable temp, and the fan on max??? wtf help does that do but simple blow MORE air out not any cooler in fact the contrary?

bump

now two questions:

1-what exactly should be done with/to the part of the system that is outside?

2-is it me or is it completely retarded that every one that has ever come to work on my ac unit or any unit anywhere in thailand insists on turning the thermostat down to 20 degrees or less and the fan up to max.  this simply does NOT make common sense to me but i could be missing something,

to test the thermostat you need it at a reasonable temp, and the fan on max??? <deleted> help does that do but simple blow MORE air out not any cooler in fact the contrary?

Competent air conditioner guys do the following:

The answer for question 1: (1) -They take the cover off the unit outside and blow the dust and dirt out of the heat exchanger and fan. (2) - They check to see if the fan and compressor are working. (3) - They connect some gauges to the compressor to check the refrigerant pressure, add refrigerant if necessary, and check for leaks.

The answer for question 2: They turn the temperature to 20 or below and the fan on high to insure the compressor doesn't shut off while they are checking the compressor outside.

It's you, it's not about how much cool air is blown into the room. You obviously don't know anything about air conditioning service.

• Like 1

Pk are super.

Khun Pittaya [Ya] speaks very good English as does his wife..

The first time I called him [10 years ago] he said there was nothing wrong with my A/C and needed nothing done.

He wanted no money.

I gave him 200 baht for his time and traveling to the dark side from Thepprasit .His shop is on the right hand side just before the open ground going towards Jomtien.

He is very busy though...With good reason.

Huge thumbs up for PK air also.  I think there were 7 guys who came to our house.  Hard to tell as they were all moving around very quickly!  Did our 4 units in about an hour.  Just like an assembly line.

All of the workers were very polite and did their best to take care of things in our house.  Everything was covered before they did the clean outs.

One speaks perfect English.  Of the 4-5 companies I've used over the years, these guys are the best.  Showed up when they said they would and immediately got to work.  Total cost: 1,600B. 

Interesting that one said they'd been getting a lot of calls from farangs lately!  Wonder if it's from this thread? LOL

• Like 1

I'm replacing all my Carrier units next week with Daikin inverter type.

Will find out the name of the people doing it as soon as I can read Thai.

I have the Daikin inverters, very happy after 3 years. My electric bill is a fraction of some of my friends who also live in condos.

I'm replacing all my Carrier units next week with Daikin inverter type.

Will find out the name of the people doing it as soon as I can read Thai.

I have the Daikin inverters, very happy after 3 years. My electric bill is a fraction of some of my friends who also live in condos.

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed although something has just cropped up so the replacement may have to wait for a while.

Just had some very good work from Nua 087 1215188 and his helper. They had all the equipment: gas,steam clean and dryer. Total of 40 min for one unit.  They agreed to 600 baht and I tipped 200 for the good work.

Edited by morrobay

• 2 years later...
55 minutes ago, thaitero said:

How much should one unit inverter A/C cleaning cost nowdays?

I just had one and the bill was 800 + 300 gas. Stupid of me i did not asked beforehand this time:saai:

Standard charges are around 400B-500B per unit with some going up to 600B. I find that 400B is a common price. Parts and gas are extra.

In Thailand I ALWAYS ask the price for everything before starting. No exceptions. No surprises.

Gas should be around 20-30B per kilo (or is it per pound?). 10kg should be enough to completely empty and refill a normal air-con, so it sounds like you were done. Even topping-up is rarely necessary.

Edited by KittenKong
  • Like 1

Yes you are right about asking before even if you use company you used before. I just checked, last time i paid 550 baht. Now i had so much other things on my mind so this happened.:sad:

Well next time, i look for someone else..:smile: