England World Cup Thread

MrRed

British Olympic athletes found Mexico City '68 extremely hot, I can assure you. Especially the marathon runners. smile.png

( Tommie Smith won the 200 metres and did the Black Power salute on the winner's podium. I remember it well. wai2.gif ).

Like I said, it doesn't get hot in Mexico City in October. I've lived there, but have it your way if you like.thumbsup.gif

If you are used to running Marathons in Manchester in Winter time, Mexico City was a tropical nightmare.

thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Mexico City's record high for October is 84F and average high is 72.3F.

Trying to teach you something is like trying to teach a sea bass how to play chess.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

British Olympic athletes found Mexico City '68 extremely hot, I can assure you. Especially the marathon runners. smile.png

( Tommie Smith won the 200 metres and did the Black Power salute on the winner's podium. I remember it well. wai2.gif ).

Like I said, it doesn't get hot in Mexico City in October. I've lived there, but have it your way if you like.thumbsup.gif

If you are used to running Marathons in Manchester in Winter time, Mexico City was a tropical nightmare.

thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Mexico City's record high for October is 84F and average high is 72.3F.

Trying to teach you something is like trying to teach a sea bass how to play chess.

Check out Manchester in January.

smile.png

Right. So there's this black girl called Wilma Rudolph.

Got poiio when she was a baby and wore a leg brace until the age of 9.

Won the Rome Olympic Games 100 metres in 1960.

BBC commentator called McWhirter told the story before the Final. So I'm thinking, she hasn't got a chance.

Absolute Class. thumbsup.gif

Let's hope Roy is just a little bit inspirational.

smile.png

Brazil to win, and a few English boys to shine.

thumbsup.gif

^ And apparently (according to Sturridge) it is pissing down in Rio and half the squad have donned long trousers! May as well have stayed in Manchestersad.png

Its a shame we never made it....in these conditions Scotland would win it at a canter!

Cant get my head around this 'Visiting favella's', people don't really choose to live their, trust me,it aint a holiday camp and it aint a life style Brazilians CHOOSE or like, generally they live there cos they ain't got any option and people/idiots actually go and gawp at them intheir poverty , un, frigging believable, I know about the donations ect ect, give the money, but imo visiting as a tourist is just totally thoughtless AND 100%totally patronizing .

Edited by rijit

Cant get my head around this 'Visiting favella's', people don't really choose to live their, trust me,it aint a holiday camp and it aint a life style Brazilians CHOOSE or like, generally they live there cos they ain't got any option and people/idiots actually go and gawp at them intheir poverty , un, frigging believable, I know about the donations ect ect, give the money, but imo visiting as a tourist is just totally thoughtless AND 100%totally patronizing .

poverty tourism. not a million miles away from paying 20 baht for photos with the hill tribes in the north of thailand. and yeah, it's pretty distasteful i agree.

^F/off Studge had the best day of his life & still got had off by a better dancer.

Don't ye reckon a few bob might've been spent to get them in there ...?

I noticed all the scouse lads where excluded from the favela thoughwhistling.gif

^F/off Studge had the best day of his life & still got had off by a better dancer.

I noticed all the scouse lads where excluded from the favela thoughwhistling.gif

Probably didn't want them to feel too much at home biggrin.png

You have an Argie as an Icon, are you actually serious?? No jokes this time, that is absolutely shameful, even for a Spud.

Disgusting.

Carmine - Come on then, show we just one post from me that could be considered 'clueless'?? Put up or shut up.

I don't give a hoot what people say about me on here but I am most definitely not clueless when it comes to the beautiful game.

I'll await your post.

Carmine - Come on then, show we just one post from me that could be considered 'clueless'?? Put up or shut up.

I don't give a hoot what people say about me on here but I am most definitely not clueless when it comes to the beautiful game.

I'll await your post.

Well i'm just saying that in view of the limited content of your own posts and the general lack of depth in football knowledge you display i just think its quite cheeky to be questioning the knowledge of othersbiggrin.png

Now come on, you've said you won't be posting again so why keep coming back? Just to keep telling us how clever you are?facepalm.gif

I'll await your post.

Well i'm just saying that in view of the limited content of your own posts and the general lack of depth in football knowledge you display i just think its quite cheeky to be questioning the knowledge of othersbiggrin.png

Now come on, you've said you won't be posting again so why keep coming back? Just to keep telling us how clever you are?facepalm.gif

I can't form an opinion on whether he is or isn't cos I've never seen him voice his own opinion...he just criticises that of others.

I'm starting to think he has none of his own really.

I'll await your post.

I can't form an opinion on whether he is or isn't cos I've never seen him voice his own opinion...he just criticises that of others.

He's a loser mate. End of.smile.png

I'll await your post.

Well what a little keyboard warrior you are eh, first a tit and now a loser. you're going to make me cry soon you nasty boy..

So you couldn't find a post then? Thought as much.

You have an Argie as an Icon, are you actually serious?? No jokes this time, that is absolutely shameful, even for a Spud.

Disgusting.

Xenophobic turdcutter.

You utter fool.

Anyone who has an Argie Icon needs shooting, simple as that.

Simply disgusting. Only this week the team were pictured with a banner still harping on about the Falklands

Alfie Conn=Traitor.

I'll await your post.

So you couldn't find a post then, Now what a surprise that is, you little keyboard warrior.

Another Tea par-TAY candidate.

You may want to separate countries, governments, football squads and individuals. Granted, it causes one to think a bit more but well worth it in the end. In your case I suspect that much thinking might cause a blown fuse. Go easy at first.

• Like 2

I'll await your post.

Well what a little keyboard warrior you are eh, first a tit and now a loser. you're going to make me cry soon you nasty boy..

So you couldn't find a post then? Thought as much.

thats probably cos it aint worth the effort of looking bac, But.from memory , carmines about right, little bout footie and what there is tends to b trying 2 hard to be shccking or maybe looking for a reaction? and then you spend more.time.aggresively defending yourself. but what ever,,, 4sure u're not alone.

Another Tea par-TAY candidate.

You may want to separate countries, governments, football squads and individuals. Granted, it causes one to think a bit more but well worth it in the end. In your case I suspect that much thinking might cause a blown fuse. Go easy at first.

reckon this forum might see a bit of an influx of these monobrowed hard of thinking types throughout the world cup? the UKIP and no surrender to the IRA massive?

• Like 1

smile.png

Anyway.

Roy is asking for the English to not get too optimistic, British press aren't doing the usual, and there are very few people in England with flags on their cars or taxis. smile.png

So. Never know. England have players that could do something I reckon.

Need a result against Italy of course.

smile.png

Anyway.

Roy is asking for the English to not get too optimistic, British press aren't doing the usual, and there are very few people in England with flags on their cars or taxis. smile.png

So. Never know. England have players that could do something I reckon.

Need a result against Italy of course.

there's a fair amount of george crosses on show in cars and house windows up in the north-west. but yeah, the expectation level has been suitably pre-hodged.

seen a couple of patriotic sorts driving round with the union jack on show. bless 'em.

• Like 1

Disgusting.

Xenophobic turdcutter.

You utter fool.

Anyone who has an Argie Icon needs shooting, simple as that.

Simply disgusting. Only this week the team were pictured with a banner still harping on about the Falklands

Alfie Conn=Traitor.

and you're just the man to do it? prick.

for such a self-anointed expert you don't seem to have posted anything about football yet. so it's not surprising most have assumed you're just a trolling bellend.

Prick. You see can I do that as well. Good innit.

You say you're from the North West? Thought as much.