England World Cup Thread

MrRed

I think Italy will turn up the gas when the tournament starts.

Pirlo's knocking on, but still needs to be contained.

Some people are suggesting he needs to be neutralised by being man-marked.

Whatever happens it is going to be interesting.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange, I have not seen any "this is the best chance since 1966" headlines this time.

Normally, a couple of good games prior to a major Championship spur the news papers to make that headline.

Strange, I have not seen any "this is the best chance since 1966" headlines this time.

Normally, a couple of good games prior to a major Championship spur the news papers to make that headline.

Maybe the truth is that NOBODY actually has confidence in Roy.

Not sure at all what the suits at the FA are thinking.

( What happens btw if we get bundled out in the group stage? )

You won't unless a bellend from another country comes on and makes that crap upbiggrin.png Its the tabloid press that seems to go bananas but of course they have to so as to hype us up to ridiculous levels before burning our squad and manager down in flames.

Mindyou, apparently other nations are allowed to hope for the dream but not the Englishblink.png

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

So, Costa Rica lose to the Japs and draw with RoI........Uruguay (ok Suarezless) scrape past NI with a late winner(and a kid who can't get in LFC's 1st team gets MoM!) Then Italy draw with Luxembourg. Not too much to beat there thenbiggrin.png

Win the group and get Greece or the Japs in the next roundwhistling.gif This could end better than we thought! Probably won't though as we will balls it up somewhere down the linecoffee1.gif

Yes and this is my point. We've been dealt a very good hand. Were far from an outstanding side but lady luck has offered us a real chance and we really should be taking it. If we play reasonably well we might just get through to the quarters....before we get a right humping!!

I have to regrettably say again that i think Redknapp could have done rather well with this midfield. He'd go for it in an attack minded formation. Back four pick themselves as does Sturridge up top. I also have no doubt he would drop Rooney if it suited his tactic.

However, its not scrtum face, it Woy so lets see does he does and maybe he'll give us a world cup to wemember

Redknapp wouldn't have dropped Rooney.

We would however also have an England side with Rio and Cole still at the back with Lampard in the middle wih 'Crouchy' on the bench.

I disagree with you about Rooney but lets leave it there as its pointless what with Redknapp not being the coach

Do you want some brutal truth carmine?

Harry would a been a lot better than anybody you employed since.

Modric was a major loss.

Bale money was effectively wasted.

Baldini is dubious.

Levy. Oy Vey out of his depth. Grocer's shop.

Pochettino. Good manager.

You won't unless a bellend from another country comes on and makes that crap upbiggrin.png Its the tabloid press that seems to go bananas but of course they have to so as to hype us up to ridiculous levels before burning our squad and manager down in flames.

Mindyou, apparently other nations are allowed to hope for the dream but not the Englishblink.png

Have a nice day.

How dare you call me a bellend?

I'm really offended....in fact I hope you lose your games after that comment.

Hodgson has not been as bad as I feared when he took over and has to a limited extent tried to adapt and evolve some aspects of his MO but still can't help feeling he is not best suited to this present crop of youngish impressionables

I think ultimately they would do better under a younger manager in the long run. It feels a familiar mish mash

Honduras, equador etc aren't San Marino or anything like that mind but it has a familiar air of 'ploddingness' already starting to set in. Have to see I guess

• Like 1

I think Hodgson made a big mistake not taking Coleman of Everton, who is a super right back. This position is currently one of England's weakest and I'm afraid Glen Johnson doesn't cut it for me ATM. He gets caught out of position far too much and his distribution isn't that good either.

• Like 1

I think Hodgson made a big mistake not taking Coleman of Everton, who is a super right back. This position is currently one of England's weakest and I'm afraid Glen Johnson doesn't cut it for me ATM. He gets caught out of position far too much and his distribution isn't that good either.

I thought he was Irish.

No?

• Like 1

I thought he was Irish.

No?

laugh.png and all this time..........he still should have taken him!! whistling.gif

• Like 1

I thought he was Irish.

No?

laugh.png and all this time..........he still should have taken him!! whistling.gif

Charlie Adam too !biggrin.png

• Like 1

I thought he was Irish.

No?

Is he Irish, or is he one of these who qualifies for it because his sisters aunties grandmothers best friends parrot once said "Slainte"?

• Like 1

I thought he was Irish.

No?

Is he Irish, or is he one of these who qualifies for it because his sisters aunties grandmothers best friends parrot once said "Slainte"?

I know in the past, the only qualification the national team coach for Ireland needed, was a degree in family studies.

Might be one of the qualifications for the English coach as well?

So they can't beat a 10-man Honduras.

My bet on England not winning a game isn't looking so stoopid now is it.

They did look pretty clueless out there. In england this morning most of the reporting about the match is about the weather and some mildly robust Honduras tackling. Thankfully Italy and Uruguay famously play non-contact football, so everything will be alright.

Diego Lugano has never hurt a flea and Chiellini is a pussycat.

I thought he was Irish.

No?

The name Seamus may give a clue.whistling.gif

• Like 2