England World Cup Thread

MrRed

Valencia has today apologised to his team mates,coaching staff and the English players for his reaction to Sterlings tackle.

It was an unnecessary tackle and to put a fellow professional in danger of a serious injury prior to a WC,in a friendly is just plain stupid.

he didn't bloody touch him you big drama queen.

• Like 2

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If his leg had been planted, it would have done some serious damage.

Straight red every day of the week whether you bleat in his defence or not.

If that had been Carrick on Suarez you'd be squealing from the rafters.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

If his leg had been planted, it would have done some serious damage.

Straight red every day of the week whether you bleat in his defence or not.

If that had been Carrick on Suarez you'd be squealing from the rafters.

biggrin.png

Now we know you are trolling....Carrick could never catch Suarezbiggrin.png

I watched the game with a few dozen other Ecuador fans and we thought it a decent game...bar the stupid sending off fiasco.

Not sure either side will have learnt too much but a fair little earner.

Hodgson might be playing his cards close to his chest but my gut feeling is he will not be bold....and that is to his detriment with this squad.

England out in the first round.

Patria y libertad

• Like 1

I watched the game with a few dozen other Ecuador fans and we thought it a decent game...bar the stupid sending off fiasco.

Not sure either side will have learnt too much but a fair little earner.

Hodgson might be playing his cards close to his chest but my gut feeling is he will not be bold....and that is to his detriment with this squad.

Patria y libertad

You might be right but Italy look weaker than us to me. I think we can beat them. A banana skin could be Costa Rica in the jungle. I think England are more than capable of a win and two draws. Mind you, i wouldn't put any cash on us going any further.

Patria y libertad

I agree smokie that being bold is the best way for us to play, although if we play bold and we lose, everyone will be harping on about how unbelievably naive we were. If we don't play bold and we lose everyone will be harping on about how unbelievably boring and predictable we were.

Patria y Libertad 200px-Cadeneta_FNPL.jpg

Roy needs to play Liverpool style with a back four something like this in front of big joe hart:

Glen Johnson, Gary Cahill, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines.

Then we might have a chance.

( Rodgers Liverpool style btw )

thumbsup.gif

Roy needs to play Liverpool style with a back four something like this in front of big joe hart:

thumbsup.gif

Because LFCs back 4 hardly let in any goals last season.

:)

thumbsup.gif

Because LFCs back 4 hardly let in any goals last season.

smile.png

Wouldn't want StevieG slipping on the half way line with Suarez only having to beat Joe Hart though, would we.

Absolutely no danger of that happening with Roy running things though.

Scrutiny of Roy Hodgson's views on Ross Barkley has dominated the early part of England's warm-up campaign.

The England manager was keen to balance out praise with constructive criticism of the 20-year-old after Wednesday's 2-2 draw with Ecuador, insisting Barkley has "a lot to learn".

"He's a talented boy. I'm not criticising him. I'm just making certain people don't get too carried away," says Hdosgon.

We couldn't be having that Roy, could we. Might rock the boat a bit.

If we get stuffed out of the first round, I think I'm going to have a larf.

smile.png

Reckon Phil McNulty at the BBC has got it spot on.

'It was the cold, clinical dissection of a trained eye but just occasionally there may be a time to celebrate a player's talent rather than hurl a bucket of ice cold water over those wishing to do the celebrating.' thumbsup.gif

World Cup 2014: Barkley bluffing has echoes of Gascoigne. Oh Yeah.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27726012

So, Costa Rica lose to the Japs and draw with RoI........Uruguay (ok Suarezless) scrape past NI with a late winner(and a kid who can't get in LFC's 1st team gets MoM!) Then Italy draw with Luxembourg. Not too much to beat there thenbiggrin.png

Win the group and get Greece or the Japs in the next roundwhistling.gif This could end better than we thought! Probably won't though as we will balls it up somewhere down the linecoffee1.gif

So, Costa Rica lose to the Japs and draw with RoI........Uruguay (ok Suarezless) scrape past NI with a late winner(and a kid who can't get in LFC's 1st team gets MoM!) Then Italy draw with Luxembourg. Not too much to beat there thenbiggrin.png

Win the group and get Greece or the Japs in the next roundwhistling.gif This could end better than we thought! Probably won't though as we will balls it up somewhere down the linecoffee1.gif

Yes and this is my point. We've been dealt a very good hand. Were far from an outstanding side but lady luck has offered us a real chance and we really should be taking it. If we play reasonably well we might just get through to the quarters....before we get a right humping!!

I have to regrettably say again that i think Redknapp could have done rather well with this midfield. He'd go for it in an attack minded formation. Back four pick themselves as does Sturridge up top. I also have no doubt he would drop Rooney if it suited his tactic.

However, its not scrtum face, it Woy so lets see does he does and maybe he'll give us a world cup to wemember

• Like 2

Yes and this is my point. We've been dealt a very good hand. Were far from an outstanding side but lady luck has offered us a real chance and we really should be taking it. If we play reasonably well we might just get through to the quarters....before we get a right humping!!

I have to regrettably say again that i think Redknapp could have done rather well with this midfield. He'd go for it in an attack minded formation. Back four pick themselves as does Sturridge up top. I also have no doubt he would drop Rooney if it suited his tactic.

However, its not scrtum face, it Woy so lets see does he does and maybe he'll give us a world cup to wemember

Redknapp wouldn't have dropped Rooney.

We would however also have an England side with Rio and Cole still at the back with Lampard in the middle wih 'Crouchy' on the bench.

Redknapp wouldn't have dropped Rooney.

We would however also have an England side with Rio and Cole still at the back with Lampard in the middle wih 'Crouchy' on the bench.

What can I get you Pat? Looks like your glass needs topping up.

Pointless mind, cos we've got Roy.

• Like 1