You could also try calling the people who would know if there was a problem with the network where you are as in AIS. 1175 and just ask one of their very helpful, good English speaking customer service people. I have found them to be very helpful with any problems I have had over the 12 years I have been with them. I'm on Koh Tao and no problems here. thumbsup.gif

I am also having major problems with AIS on Samui.

Dropped calls. Bad reception. Midi wifi not working etc etc.

Maybe it's a local thing? I am in Plai Laem. Which area are you in motocrosser?

Edited by Tropicalevo

Yes, AIS has problems in these areas. They asked me to come and change SIM card but that was not the problem. I believe after removing the tower in Fishermen's Village things got worst. I am a customer for 14+ years, and I am seriously contemplating with a change to Dtac or True. (can keep original number, which is good).

Yes, AIS has problems in these areas. They asked me to come and change SIM card but that was not the problem. I believe after removing the tower in Fishermen's Village things got worst. I am a customer for 14+ years, and I am seriously contemplating with a change to Dtac or True. (can keep original number, which is good).

Thanks for that bit of information Samui Coconut. That could explain a lot.

I guess that I will be changing to True - they have a tower next to me neighbour's garden. If I cannot get a good signal from that - i'm stuffed anyway.

(Like you - a loyal custoemr for more than 14 years - four accounts - two for internet at over 2,000 baht per month each - and they're craapp!)

Went to ais shop today,said the only thing they have done in fisherman's village is take down the 2g antenna and put up a 3G one!still no good in Banrak,have to move to truemove now!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Did you change your service to 3G with AIS ? It's free, just call them. I have a post paid & they recommended I do that a while ago.

Went to ais shop today,said the only thing they have done in fisherman's village is take down the 2g antenna and put up a 3G one!still no good in Banrak,have to move to truemove now!

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I am sorry, but there is no 3G antenna......that's utter nonsense! Trust me on this!