5.0 magnitude quake hits Chiang Rai again today

Lite Beer

1531901_447179135385442_5697365328835491

You know what, now I know again why I do not post on this forum..... sorry made mistake, thought it would have been interesting to hear from those that actually were there,.,,,,,,

Nothing happened......just my imagination I guess.......

bibi

A passing truck could cause enough vibration to bring a crappy wall construction like that down.

I was not there but know quite a few that were there and I've experienced a quake in Tokyo. So I know what it is all about.

C - class flares?

M class and X class are what is happening, why would you believe NASA, NSA, NAZI, its all the same lying con artists that ran the last show, or did you think Werner Von Braun and the 500 familes brought here to take over the US Space program and the CIA, were choir boys?

People in Chiang Rai should be stocking up on supplies and be prepared to sleep

outside if they need rescue, and an evacuation plan.

FEAR is what happens when you do not prepare and your Thai built home is in rubble at 10pm, AND YOU DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO

BECAUSE YOU DIDNT HAVE A PLAN

Earthquakes are wholly the result of plate tectonics; any arbitrary affect on the earth through solar flares and CMEs, however great, at the time of a quake is entirely coincidental. There may be atmospheric effects and issues with telecommunications, but to suggest flares are causing trillions of tons of mantle to dislodge and shift from a distance of 93 million miles is just bizarre! If you want to look to the sun for answers, you'd probably be safer musing over the tidal effect on earth.

The main quake has come and gone, what they are feeling is the aftershocks, well documented. Thailand's fault lines are fast and slippy, meaning there won't be a big one.

Though well meaning you may be, all you are doing is scaring people. How's about give it a rest?

• Like 1

C - class flares?

M class and X class are what is happening, why would you believe NASA, NSA, NAZI, its all the same lying con artists that ran the last show, or did you think Werner Von Braun and the 500 familes brought here to take over the US Space program and the CIA, were choir boys?

People in Chiang Rai should be stocking up on supplies and be prepared to sleep

outside if they need rescue, and an evacuation plan.

FEAR is what happens when you do not prepare and your Thai built home is in rubble at 10pm, AND YOU DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO

BECAUSE YOU DIDNT HAVE A PLAN

Earthquakes are wholly the result of plate tectonics; any arbitrary affect on the earth through solar flares and CMEs, however great, at the time of a quake is entirely coincidental. There may be atmospheric effects and issues with telecommunications, but to suggest flares are causing trillions of tons of mantle to dislodge and shift from a distance of 93 million miles is just bizarre! If you want to look to the sun for answers, you'd probably be safer musing over the tidal effect on earth.

The main quake has come and gone, what they are feeling is the aftershocks, well documented. Thailand's fault lines are fast and slippy, meaning there won't be a big one.

Though well meaning you may be, all you are doing is scaring people. How's about give it a rest?

To say that the sun doesnt have an effect on the magma below the earth is naive.

others say there is, and they have been spot on, with calling large quakes and their pssoible locations.

they did not predict anything in thailand, nor does the 4's and 5's make it to the uSGS

the reality of this situation is, nobody knows if these quakes are stopping and trying to calm people and pat them on the shoulder telling them everything will be ok, it is far better to have preparation and vigilence and a plan for loved one's who may lose transportation, power, phones, and access to fresh water and food

this guy is worth watching every morning:

This is quite interesting:

http://www.cicc.chula.ac.th/en/current-campaign/203-likelihood-of-earthquakes-in-thailand.html

Previously, researchers in Thailand were most interested in the Mae Chan fault, which goes through the provinces of Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai. The fault is seen as the most potentially damaging one in the country in the event of an earthquake, and it may have been affected by major quakes in China's Yunnan province back in 2009 as well as last year's incident in Laos and Myanmar's Nam Ma fault. Today, Mae Chan fault remains quiet as stress continues to build up. Historical records show that the fault unleashed its power over 1,000 years ago, leading to the fall of the great city of Yonok.

Easy now folks...I think it is sad to see the turn of this topic - guess it was meant to be used to inform each other and maybe give some good advice ect.- and suddenly a lot of bickering.

I have been amazed that this forum had handled to stay out of all the politics in the past 6 month or so - enough about it all over anyway so a relief to come here and relax whit out all that.

Please let us keep it that way guys.

I just hope that every one do what ever to stay safe and do it in a way that causes them to feel a certain peace and security-we are all different and what works for me would maybe not work for you...but this does not mean that any of us are doing something wrong - On the contrary.

Take care of yourselves and each other out there .... and do it YOUR way!

You know what, now I know again why I do not post on this forum..... sorry made mistake, thought it would have been interesting to hear from those that actually were there,.,,,,,,

bibi

Typical Thai Poor construction, walls not tied into columns and columns probably just sitting on soil with no footings = disaster waiting to happen

bibi

Typical Thai Poor construction, walls not tied into columns and columns probably just sitting on soil with no footings = disaster waiting to happen

dont see any rebar

Just for your attention: this picture is from a wall in a hill tribe village, surely not interesting enough to find this serious.

How foolish was I to think this would be.Those people don't need our support, do they......

Just go babbling about that nothing happened here, it's just those inferior mountain people that got hit.

My own home, yes nothing wrong, still standing without even a crack in the wall, don't worry about it.

Also my holiday park, which is built under the strict earthquake construction codes, has no damage.

How silly of me to feel for the less fortunate, and how stupid to even go outside when the earth gives another roar.

Nothing will happen right???????? In fact Nothing Has Happened according to the know-it-alls on this forum.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me, I am a lot wiser now.

• Like 1

My sister in laws house has now been demolished

The other sister in laws house is at the moment unliveable and likely to be demolished

They are now living in the rice shed on the farm because they have dogs and livestock to look after

The 83 year old neighbour had a wall fall on her and later died in hospital from a heart attack.

Yeah nothing happened !

Absolutely pathetic Trolling!

My sister in laws house has now been demolished

The other sister in laws house is at the moment unliveable and likely to be demolished

They are now living in the rice shed on the farm because they have dogs and livestock to look after

The 83 year old neighbour had a wall fall on her and later died in hospital from a heart attack.

Yeah nothing happened !

Absolutely pathetic Trolling!

I feel for your family, have seen the devastation. That's why I got mad too.

But Thai people are strong and resilient, they will overcome this disaster like they overcame so many before with their strong sense of community and solidarity.

Good luck with the rebuild.