TM 47 obsolete & 800K limit for Non O(A)

Last week I did my 90 day report at immigration. I handed my passport and TM 47 form to the girl on the 90 day desk. She gave me the TM 47 back, saying they don't need it any more.

I have noticed that more recently that as immigration have my details in their system, they seem to use those and not the TM 47 data, which is fair enough.

Is this the official position now - so do I just show my passport in future without the need for the TM 47?

If so, that's fine. I always took a pre-printed TM 47 form which I downloaded and saved from the Immig. website, and as I don't exit Thailand very often I only ever needed to change the date at the top – all the other details remained the same.

Second question regarding Non-O(A) retirement visa:

When using the Thai bank account option, how long has it been at 800,000 Baht, as I wonder if it might be increased in the near future?

Some immigration offices are now doing the 90 reports entirely by computer and you don't need the TM47 form. That could be subject to change at any time though if they have problems with the system.

It has been 800K baht for about 11 years now. That change was most done mostly to adjust for the devaluation of the Baht The exchange rate at the time was about 42 baht to the USD and it is around 32 now. I cannot see them making any changes anytime in the near future...

• Like 1