Watch Global TV (Android Box)

josephbloggs

Navi-x has alot of channels too, try searching on xunitytalk as well. Its basically trial and error which channels works and which doesnt.

Yes, I think so. No time for trial and error, life's too short. I'll pay for a reliable service like ilikeHD for live sports I think.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question: What do you recommend for live sports? For example how did you watch the F1 in HD? I have tried likes of Sports Devil and MashUp but quality of sports video isn't as good as your news links?

Over 66 free (no need to subscribe to ntv) sports channels under P2P-streams in the xbmchub add-on installer sky, bt, eurosport, etc ..

How do you get from p2p-streams which I have to sky, bt, eurosport, etc .. ?

If I choose p2p-streams I have options

-Addon website parsers

-Addon xml lists

-Addon favorites

Acestream

Sopcast

Addvanced tools?

All I can find for sky, bt, eurosport, etc .. is to choose the first options (-Addon website parsers) then search through some of the options? Is this correct to get to sky, bt, eurosport, etc .. ? My results have been less than impressive with much buffering or not link established at all vs your excellent news links which work very fast.

E.g. select Addon website parsers > Arenavision.in > Agenda/Schedule. Compare time and dates listed to current time and date and notice the specified AV<number>. Then go back one page, and simply select the AV<number> of your choice. Stream of the event scheduled should be present and accessible. Sometimes it's sky, bt, eurosport, canal+, etc...

Edited by jacnl2000
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

As per your PM on xbmchub.com we are happy to help, bring your notebook over here and we will show you what to do and get you started ..

Joncl,

I am on the verge of going into IPTV. Not particually computer/ Hi-Tec savvy.

Have you ever thought of running a seminar. Or printing an IPTV guide for dummies?

I for one would subscribe. Would probably help save an headache or two.

Cheers.

jb1

To learn a bit more look at this FAQ or here on xbchub.com which also has many howto guides etc .. Sorry I have not thought of doing either a seminar nor iptv guide, as the later imho has been done to death.

The only golden rule wither you get a free or a paid service, is that service will only be as good as your internet is regardless of any marketing spin you read. This springs to mind re the internet (spoiler alert - contains a bad word)

For those of you that use addons on xbmchub, (I also host a few of them) the numbers are huge. For the FTV Guide (see image below) it has had over 2,400,000 download this month making it one of the most used out there.

post-63721-0-43696400-1409468462_thumb.p

Edited by joncl
  • Like 1

To learn a bit more look at this FAQ or here on xbchub.com which also has many howto guides etc .. Sorry I have not thought of doing either a seminar nor iptv guide, as the later imho has been done to death.

The only golden rule wither you get a free or a paid service, is that service will only be as good as your internet is regardless of any marketing spin you read. This springs to mind re the internet (spoiler alert - contains a bad word)

For those of you that use addons on xbmchub, (I also host a few of them) the numbers are huge. For the FTV Guide (see image below) it has had over 2,400,000 download this month making it one of the most used out there.

Thanks for that joncl.

I will give it a look and hopefully learn something.

I am not particually after a free service. Plenty of varity (as in channels) plus EPL and F1. The later I would imagine I will need to pay for?

jb1

Just watched the vid. That I did understand.

Cheers

Edited by jimbeam1

I downloaded xmbc last night to my laptop as a test. I would rather get the dedicated box one day if I like it. I managed to get joncl's News add-on working properly (it gets loaded under Video category instead of programmes or live tv). I was able to get a few other add-ons to work, but many didn't. For example, Irish TV and Stephen Colbert. Both would say that it was streaming the video at 50% then say there was an error and to check the log.

So I don't know what went wrong there, I can't find the log and probably couldn't read it anyway!

Still struggling how to get an IPTV add-on to watch live shows!

Also tried to add joncl's BBC add-on , but no luck at all with that one!

Is the set top box the same as using the web application? Meaning I would be using a remote and going through the same screens on the set top box?

I downloaded xmbc last night to my laptop as a test. I would rather get the dedicated box one day if I like it. I managed to get joncl's News add-on working properly (it gets loaded under Video category instead of programmes or live tv). I was able to get a few other add-ons to work, but many didn't. For example, Irish TV and Stephen Colbert. Both would say that it was streaming the video at 50% then say there was an error and to check the log.

So I don't know what went wrong there, I can't find the log and probably couldn't read it anyway!

Still struggling how to get an IPTV add-on to watch live shows!

Also tried to add joncl's BBC add-on , but no luck at all with that one!

Is the set top box the same as using the web application? Meaning I would be using a remote and going through the same screens on the set top box?

That's why I say a trustworthy streaming provider is the best. We get what we pay for. Read my post here about it.

and Stephen Colbert. Both would say that it was streaming the video at 50% then say there was an error and to check the log.

Technical :)

This is because streaming link is down. Means the udp proxy link is dead and need to be updated :)

links for free service use udp links from proxy servers . That's way it's buffer all time and links become dead. Because it can't not change the quality in the stream , you has to buffer all time. If you buy a service provider to stream you TV , it will change quality of stream depends on your ISP and downstream

See here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/755568-questions-about-iptv/?p=8316791

Edited by carstenp

Say you buy the M8 xmbc box. You are still able to sign up for services such as ilikehdtv using that right?

You seem be be on about the same wave length as me. Maybe a bit higher?

I also think I am edging towards the M8. This is the same cost as the guy on globalTV charges. Don't know if they are the same?

Problem for me is I live in Bang-Saen so it could mean a visit to jsat in Bangkok or there is a guy in Pattaya that sells the IPTV boxes. Although quality unknown?

best of luck.

jb1

That looks to me like a different box. Where did you see the price for it?

on the jsat site there is a M8 box listed for b8,000 and a 'Coco' box listed for b5,000.

When I went to ilikehd and signed up, I like their package the best. (how do I see the full list of channels in global TV?)

Global TV seems more expensive. ilikehd seems to charge b350 for the international package. Unless I am reading it wrong, does 1 point = 1 baht?

On Thai X expat TV, they are selling an X7 Mini box for b5,500 for box only and b7,000 for box plus three months service.

Sooo, I think the choices for boxes are

M8 from jsat = b8,000

Coco from jsat = b5,000

M7 from thaiexpat = b5,400

global tv = ??

The X8 seems slightly more advanced than X7, but not sure it has an SD card reader like the X7 does.

My question is, can I buy any of these boxes and sign up for the service I like, which seems to be ilikehd? (but their website is the worst of them all!!) If the X8 comes with xbmc loaded and gives me additional choices, it could be worth the extra baht, but not sure at this point .

Edited by taony

That looks to me like a different box. Where did you see the price for it?

on the jsat site there is a M8 box listed for b8,000 and a 'Coco' box listed for b5,000.

When I went to ilikehd and signed up, I like their package the best. (how do I see the full list of channels in global TV?)

Global TV seems more expensive. ilikehd seems to charge b350 for the international package. Unless I am reading it wrong, does 1 point = 1 baht?

On Thai X expat TV, they are selling an X7 Mini box for b5,500 for box only and b7,000 for box plus three months service.

Sooo, I think the choices for boxes are

M8 from jsat = b8,000

Coco from jsat = b5,000

M7 from thaiexpat = b5,400

global tv = ??

The X8 seems slightly more advanced than X7, but not sure it has an SD card reader like the X7 does.

My question is, can I buy any of these boxes and sign up for the service I like, which seems to be ilikehd? (but their website is the worst of them all!!) If the X8 comes with xbmc loaded and gives me additional choices, it could be worth the extra baht, but not sure at this point .

My two penneth for what it is worth. Jsat box was 7000bt a couple of days ago on promotion. So maybe if you jumped in quick maybe can still get for that price.

Global TV box = 7200bt Which looks like an unknown quantity?

Check the link for package details. There are 5 deals starting from 15 euros (631bt) rising to 25 euros (1,052bt). At first I thought it was pounds, so euros not quite so bad.

Check link below.

http://www.watchglobal.tv/

As for your question. Can you buy the box then do your own thing. Sorry that is also what I am trying to find out. Although I think the answer is yes you can. I don't really know. Have you signed up to the XBMC forum that looks helpful?

I am about to check out the iliked web site.

jb1

I just downloaded ntv mx xbmc onto my laptop. Thought I would take a look at an episode of fools & horses.

Got message saying sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the USA??

Ok so I'll take a look at some sport, needed to register. Ok first two stages completed ok, stage three billing details?

Hmmm me thinks I still have a long way to go with this.

But he who dares Rodders, he who dares?

jb1

So now about to find out how easy it is to uninstall the ntv mx xbmc toolbar.

Piece of cake already done.

Edited by jimbeam1

I did a recent review and recap of four of the major expat cable-replacement streaming services available here, in another related thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754114-internet-web-tv-boxes-what-are-impressions/page-2#entry8323933

After looking at all of them, I ended up subscribing to ILikeHD's streaming service, done thru your web browser, for 500b per month.

For some reason, they don't make their full channel list particularly easy to find on their website. But it is there.

https://secure.ilikehd.com/livetv/channellist.php

AFAIK, in order to access their plans and prices list, you have to create a log-on account with them first.

• Like 1

The M8 box can download XBMC and you can add ilikehd if you like. Digilife 3rd floor pantip plaza sells the box for somewhere around 4k. The x7 minix box is a lower spec so it won't play 4k video. Minix has a very good online forum and good support. I have a minix x8-h which I bought at pantip on the 4th floor ( a little shop on the way to the front elevator) for around 5000 baht. It's a great box.

I have just bought an intel nuc i5 based mini box that runs on windows 8.1 and I'm setting up XBMC this weekend on it. It's overkill for just running XBMC but eventually I'll set it up as a full HTPC . I'm tearing my hair out trying it get my sky F1 tv stream to work but eventually I will get it done as the XBMC forums have allot of support.

XBMC is at truly amazing entertainment system. It can be a little finicky to get it set up and personalize but once you have done it you'll be amazed at what programming you have access to.

The only MAJOR issue with XBMC is your internet connection but that is the limiter on every internet based streaming system.

How does one get the FTV guide to work? Can someone point me in the right direction please? Is the EPG from this free, or tied to Dixie which I believe is now a pay service?

I have also added the FTV addon - but none of the channels seem to work. Is it geo-location dependent?

Appreciate any clues on the above 2 points please? Also a big up to joncl for providing the MX repo link on XBMC which all work seamlessly:-)

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1

Had the minix X7 for a while now & high key recommend it, one tip is to buy a better remote control, I bought the A2 & am pleased with it (except it chews through batteries) though there's quite a few negative reviews.

Edited by JB300

Had the minix X7 for a while now & high key recommend it, one tip is to buy a better remote control, I bought the A2 & am pleased with it (except it chews through batteries) though there's quite a few negative reviews.

The guy on the 4th floor at pantip threw in a free minix a2 remote when I bought the minix X8. I also found out that my harmony remote has minix support so I use that now. I also tried the m-tek keyboard remote but after a while it started duplicating keys like aaaaaaaa so I went back to the harmony remote

Low batteries of the A2 fly- or airmouse do slow down the X7 user interface.