Dogs killing chickens

A bit of a catastrophe this morning, one of our chickens that was about to lay eggs by the look of it got killed by our own dog. He stays on a chain from now on. We suspect him now of other nocturnal crimes, since we tie him up at night we haven't been losing young chicks. When the deed took place, one of the younger dogs watched with interest and went over to share in the proceeds. So this is the question: is the younger dog, which up until now has left the chickens in peace, likely to start killing chickens also? He was obviously very excited by everything. There are other dogs around that more or less belong to us and we don't want to finish up getting rid of them all.

Thanks.

I think they actually have to do the killing before they become attached to it. I've got a dog that watched lots of killing, but didn't become a killer.

The dogs that have killed...it seems like they always will. I don't think you can change it once it happens.

My problem is at the opposite end. The neighbour has let his chickens loose, and they are infesting our land. Even shitting on the porch and truck. I am pig sick of it. If our dog gets one I'm not going to worry about it.