Do Tablet PCs Have To Go Through Xray Separately?

Spiritman

haven't separated or been required to separate laptop or tablet. oh one time, quite a few years back now had to pull out a laptop because it was obscuring a older charger which had been flagged as scan suspect a few times. since dumping that older bulkier charger, no issues.

Edited by daewruca

must be taken out, wife had to do the same just recently

-------------------

Yes, almost certainly.

You may think it's silly, but from the security viewpoint the amount of plastic explosives you could stuff into a non working tablet would easily blow a large hole in any aircraft and bring down that plane.

I fly a lot. Most major airports do not require tablets to be taken out of the bag for carry-on screening but Tokyo (Narita) always does. Seoul (Inchon) is inconsistent but normally not.

I had to remove my tablet at JFK in New York but never at LAX or SFO in California.

For something like a tablet, I'll ask, as it usually is not necessary to take it out. There's no blanket rule even at the same airport. Even if most days it is not a problem, sometimes they'll randomly want it out.

It's a crapshoot,

I've been flying way too much this year and it's running about 75/25 to the good side as for not taking it out

I'd just bought a new one in Australia and had two with me, <deleted>, trained security professional says one stays in the bag but one has to come out <deleted>????

Always asked to remove ALL electronic items, phones, tablets, laptops etc. All placed in a seperate tray.

SAme here Charlie and for sure, each respondent to this thread is giving personal experience which is subject to change on any given day.

I'd just plan on putting all carry on electronic divides in a separate tray and then it's over.

And don't forget your shoes.

What a distant memory it is when one could see a friend or relative off at the departure gate!

One of my three wishes would be that all terrorists are condemned to a hell where they spend eternity going through airport security checkpoints. That'll teach em. 555