Two killed, 21 wounded in attack on Thai protest camp: officials

webfact

There's vote buying on both sides so what's new!

The yellows jumped on rent a crowd and they themselves practice this.

Some posters on here want corruption complelty stamped out before elections.

Well it ain't going to happen no matter who's running the show.

And it's not only Thailand who has corrupt governments it's all over the world.

Please proof of the yellow rent a mob, proof of the red rent a mob was there yesterday. So far no proof of yellow rent a mob.. yes proof of yellows paying to support the fight against the Shins.

I don't mean proof of poster that has seen.. no real proof like videos and articles like there are on paying the reds.

If you cant find it there are 2 options:

- the anti government never do this as there is no proof

- anti government does do it but on a far smaller scale that is why there is no proof

I love those reds talking but no proof.

Same as still saying their side is peaceful while almost all the deaths inclusive children (that was applauded over on red stage) were anti government.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Elections are one step further away, civil war is one step closer

Another terrorist attack in support of a political party

Lets see if the party that is "still in control" comes out and condemns this attack and uses its resources to find out who pulled the triggers and who is behind the attack.

No holding my breath

RIP to the deceased and democratic principles

Now, who want the army to step in and get a non-elected government.

Who want an election that they will win?

Who have most to win by inciting violence.

It just not make sense for violence to be part of the pro-government strategy.

The Thai people want their country back.This group of a handful of protestors and some elite friends are commandeering their country and they have had enough. The extremists will be the first to speak with actions when words are not loud enough, but eventually the usurped majority will stand up and take back and defend what is theirs if it continues to be denied them.

So, PDRC, expect more, much more, if you continue to deny the people their democratic rights.

Yes indeed the people want their country back.

That is why the PDRC is out on the street.

They have had enough of the Thaksin run PT Govt which has enriched themselves at the expense of the country and the people.

Which tried to enact laws that would exempt themselves and their controller from crimes including more than 25,000 cases of corruption now before the NACC.

The people want free and fair elections without intimidation, threats and bribery where every candidate can campaign freely in every electorate.

They want politicians who do not have records of crime and corruption and will work for the people and the country and not for themselves.

They want reforms to the education system so their children can have a world class education with a chance to compete in the world.

They want a justice system that treats everyone as equal.

They want a police force that is fair and impartial.

They want a health system where everyone has the chance of the best care.

They want an end to the corruption which has increased to a massive scale in the last 3 years.

They want freedom of speech and a free press.

That and other freedoms of a true democracy is what the people want and they are getting bombed and shot at on a daily basis by the forces who want things as they are for their own benefit.

The ones who don't want the PT government are a minority. If you want to prove me wrong, lets take a vote. Oh wait, we already tried that and it was sabotaged by a small group. You want us to take your word for it and appoint an unelected government. That doesn't sound like a "true democracy" to me.

Everything else you said the people want is true, but neither side has in the past or intends to actually do anything much about it. People on both sides and everyone in between is "dirty". Suthep himself has a record of corruption. The Dems didn't do anything to make reforms when they were in power. The only reason they are on it now is because they are using it as a tool to get back into power (more power = bigger bribes). If they wanted to stop corruption, they should have started with themselves and made reforms when they were in power.

The fact is that Thaksin and others did a lot of good development for rural Thailand better than the Dems and the majority wants more of it. Thailand and Thais need to continue to grow in their democratic self awareness and reform in both mentality and laws organically together as a people. Reforms and laws mean nothing if they are not enforced or kept by those making them.

• Like 1

Lets see if the party that is "still in control" comes out and condemns this attack and uses its resources to find out who pulled the triggers and who is behind the attack.

No holding my breath

Ask that to the Red Shirt leadership that cheer and clap at the good news of 5 people being murdered.

• Like 1

The Thai people want their country back.This group of a handful of protestors and some elite friends are commandeering their country and they have had enough. The extremists will be the first to speak with actions when words are not loud enough, but eventually the usurped majority will stand up and take back and defend what is theirs if it continues to be denied them.

So, PDRC, expect more, much more, if you continue to deny the people their democratic rights.

You do realize you are justifying and legitimizing terrorism, don't you?

When an individual or group commits violent acts against the general population for their own purposes, that is terrorism.

These extremists are terrorists and their acts do not benefit the population. Yet their acts serve as an indicator of what might come if power is taken away from the people.

Because when a general population rises up and commits violent acts towards a group or individual to defend the interests of the majority, that is revolution, not terrorism.

See English Civil War, French Revolution and American Revolution for more details.

Edited by dwcrist

When an individual or group commits violent acts against the general population for their own purposes, that is terrorism.

These extremists are terrorists and their acts do not benefit the population. Yet their acts serve as an indicator of what might come if power is taken away from the people.

Because when a general population rises up and commits violent acts towards a group or individual to defend the interests of the majority, that is revolution, not terrorism.

See English Civil War, French Revolution and American Revolution for more details.

Your argument hings on the ridiculous premise that this attacks "defend the interests of the majority".

• Like 1

Your argument hings on the ridiculous premise that this attacks "defend the interests of the majority".

No it doesn't. I said: "These extremists are terrorists and their acts do not benefit the population.".

When a general population rises up, that is defending the interests of the majority.

Learn to read.

No holding my breath

TIT. It doesn't have to make sense to happen!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They have had enough of the Thaksin run PT Govt which has enriched themselves at the expense of the country and the people.

Which tried to enact laws that would exempt themselves and their controller from crimes including more than 25,000 cases of corruption now before the NACC.

The people want free and fair elections without intimidation, threats and bribery where every candidate can campaign freely in every electorate.

They want politicians who do not have records of crime and corruption and will work for the people and the country and not for themselves.

They want reforms to the education system so their children can have a world class education with a chance to compete in the world.

They want an end to the corruption which has increased to a massive scale in the last 3 years.

That and other freedoms of a true democracy is what the people want and they are getting bombed and shot at on a daily basis by the forces who want things as they are for their own benefit.

The ones who don't want the PT government are a minority. If you want to prove me wrong, lets take a vote. Oh wait, we already tried that and it was sabotaged by a small group. You want us to take your word for it and appoint an unelected government. That doesn't sound like a "true democracy" to me.

Everything else you said the people want is true, but neither side has in the past or intends to actually do anything much about it. People on both sides and everyone in between is "dirty". Suthep himself has a record of corruption. The Dems didn't do anything to make reforms when they were in power. The only reason they are on it now is because they are using it as a tool to get back into power (more power = bigger bribes). If they wanted to stop corruption, they should have started with themselves and made reforms when they were in power.

The fact is that Thaksin and others did a lot of good development for rural Thailand better than the Dems and the majority wants more of it. Thailand and Thais need to continue to grow in their democratic self awareness and reform in both mentality and laws organically together as a people. Reforms and laws mean nothing if they are not enforced or kept by those making them.

In the last full election 14 million voted for PTP. 16 million voted for other parties .. that's the truth of it!

• Like 1

Won't be a civil war because simply the army will come in in huge numbers and weaponary and will last at most a few days. The army like them are not have charter to protect the counties institutions and infrastructure. Won't solve anything just back to square one.Its not in Thai's genes to compromise.

The only one interested in violence right now is the gangster Suthep and he has no scruples of arranging this attack on his own people to further his cause while he is still trying to provoke a coup with violent attacks on his own people.

The other side would gain nothing with such an attack.

What a piece of stupidity.

The violence is against the protesters by others.

The only one, as I have said many times , that (thinks he) can benefit from a coup is your hero Thaksin he can then say his legally elected Govt was once again overthrown by the military, international sympathy.

The armed reds will then come out and give him the civil war he so dearly wants.

Revenge, then after the country is devastated he will return the hero and peace maker to unite the people make them prosperous and the country will be so grateful they will make him president for life.

What dreams that man must have, right now he is having a nightmare for PT is finished.

If you really believe what you have posted then please explain how a coup and the reds coming out against it could possibly benefit Suthep.

Stupidity?

Nah, I don't know who did this and I am not making any claims but it does seem PDRC has more to gain from chaos than the reds - all the reds have to do to regain power is simply wait for the next election. A coup will benefit the likes of Suthep, just like it did 8 years ago. The reds coming out against it is irrelevant. It was the army vs the reds in May 2010 and that lasted less than a day. To show my total impartiality in this matter, I think that action was called for btw. The reds were illegally occupying the streets of Bangkok (like the PDRC were earlier this year) and they had ample warning. They should have done the same with the PDRC. Yet the courts ruled CAPO was 'not to obstruct traffic lanes' when dealing with the protesters (who were blocking major intersections). What a joke.

No bias on your side. The army has a coup straightens out a few things in the constitution calls an election Thaksin wins it. The next election Thaksin wins it. Then they call a third one and once again Thaksin wins it. All the time the country is going down hill. Corruption is booming and Thaksin is ruling from his castle in Dubai.

You liken the reds occupying the streets of Bangkok to the current PDRC of course you neglect to mention the reds were armed and firing rockets at civilian transit terminals along with invading hospitals. U tube is full of videos of them urging their followers to burn Bangkok down.

It is also full of videos of Suthep calling for no violence. But you are not biased.

Bull S

• Like 2

After reading this article its basically almost the same issues that have been highlighted before and Over the last weeks and months many stories and postings have come out regarding the political issues, weither it be the PDRC or UDD or red shirt, new establishment vs old establishment, conflict, civil strife, civil war, etc all I know is in thailand nothing is for sure ever. While voilence is something I would like to see avoided I have to be realistic though and I have thought about a few areas which include:

1. Do these 2 groups represent the majority of thai population, I mean the real people not politicans, etc if the answer comes out with a no then on some part I would call both of these groups basically insurgents. while each group can represent new order vs old order they use tactics insurgents use which include: Demonstrations, Denial, Deception, Hoaxes, Propaganda, High Explosives, Shots fired in broad daylight without care for civilians

2. Another scenario which does not come out includes thai society unravelign to the point where gangs / or bands of people start thinking lets just take whatever we want there is nobody to stop us and there is no punishment, not even for murder and terror, soon in this scenario you have no go zones where people can control the area and they know they can do it cause nobody is going to stop them

3. Assuming a civil war does happen, do the thai people have the ability to survive if basic necessities get cut off or become scarce including electricity, water, gasoline, food, Do they have the determination and willingness to last months if not years of conflict, I dont have an answer for that but I could easily see a humanitarian crisis though

ANTI-GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGN
Three dead, several injured in attack on antigovernment protesters

30233679-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- At least three people died and many others were injured in the latest attack on an antigovernment rally at the Democracy Monument early this morning.

Police said M-79 grenades landed near the monument on the Din Sor Road side. An M16 assault rifle was also used in the attack with bullet wounds consistent with a rifle clearly identifiable on the victims' bodies.

Witnesses told police that following the explosion, a white pickup truck sped through the Khok Wua intersection where People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) guards were posted and its passengers opened fire.

The BMA’s Erawan Emergency Medical Centre later reported that 24 were wounded in the attack. They were sent to Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) General Hospital and Huachiew Hospital.

The two dead men were identified as Narayot Chanphet, 21, from Surat Thani and Somkuan Nuankhanai, 51, from Chumphon. They were pronounced dead at Huachiew and BMA General hospitals respectively. Narayot was shot in the chest and belly while Somkuan was hit in his chest and leg.

The third victim, whose name has not yet been revealed, succumbed to injuries this morning.

Four persons were still being treated at Huachiew Hospital, while seven remained at BMA General Hospital.

Police said three M-79 grenades landed on a roof of a hotel near the monument and blew holes in rooms, injuring an undisclosed number of people. Witnesses reported hearing gunfire for several minutes following the explosion and rifle attack.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-15

A good question is - where do these guys get the M16's??? They are sold by the US to the Thai military and should never see civilian hands.

In the US, some states allow the ownership of them but a good one will cost at least $25,000 Link because few were ever registered to civilians. On top of that, they eat so much ammo The rate of fire is at least 600 rounds per minute, or $450 per minute for the fun of - what?

The better alternative for the civilian is the AR-15 which is like an M16 but semi-auto, requiring a separate trigger pull for each bullet rather than going off like a machine gun when the trigger is pulled.

In all my life, even being a gun enthusiast and competitor, I've seen just 2 M16's in private hands. One was for rent at a firing range where under close supervision someone could blow a few hundred dollars on ammo in addition to the gun rental fee.

Yet they seem to be all over Thailand, as does the 5.56 NATO ammo for them.

attachicon.gif777.jpg

The post isn't even accurate. The most common variant of the M16 switches between single shot or 3-shot burst (no fully automatic option), and even those variants that have auto are generally used on the other settings. Most AR15s are sold as .223, but chambered for 5.56mm, so that they will take both cartridges. Many early military weapons were in fact stamped AR15, and in the early era the two weapons had parts that were largely interchangeable.. It is only in recent years, and to prevent the easy conversion of civilian AR15s to fully automatic, that the lower receivers on civilian AR15 have become significantly different from the military M16. So if you are on the receiving end you may not notice the difference, and evidence that 5.56mm ammunition was used will not really tell you whether the damage was done by an M16 or AR15.

• Like 1

There's vote buying on both sides so what's new!

The yellows jumped on rent a crowd and they themselves practice this.

Some posters on here want corruption complelty stamped out before elections.

Well it ain't going to happen no matter who's running the show.

And it's not only Thailand who has corrupt governments it's all over the world.

How about agreeing on having governors elected before elections take place?

OK... So Nicky is making a suggestion at reforming the government. What do you think parrot? Is that a good idea or a bad idea? It's called negotiating.

In the last full election 14 million voted for PTP. 16 million voted for other parties .. that's the truth of it!

I hope you realize that the Chartthaipattana Party, Chart Pattana Puea Pandin Party, Phalang Chon Party and Mahachon Party are part of the ruling coalition led by Pheu Thai Party. Which means 15 million voted for the PTP led coalition and 13 million voted for the others. The PTP led coalition still have the popular vote and the majority in parliament.

Edited by anantha92

Were "the other parties" that had 16 million votes, the same party? No, they weren't, therefore the party with the most votes gets the opportunity to form a government. I don't know why you find that so hard to understand, it's not rocket science.

Let's go back, way back, to the time when the Democrat Party formed a government because they actually contested and won the most seats, not by other means.

That's right, 1996. The dems got just over 18 million votes. 38.8 million people voted for other parties. (16.5 million votes went to the second highest party wrt votes)

The dems formed a government.

In reality, that's the truth of it!

Edited by fab4

The area around Democracy Momument has being lock down since the PDRC shifted their rally site. Most roads around there are closed or have soldiers manning check points. Just how did a pick-up with guns sneaked into such an well guarded enclosure and escape so easily. And why did Suterp chose to leave Lumpini which is easier to protect from intruders due to its design. I wonder what the real story. Lots of unanswered questions.

Smelling civil war.

When the judges are just puppets and the police not allowed to make its job => only violence remains.

Explain your police remark.

The rest is just cretinous

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think he may be reffering to the fact that every time the police arrest one of the leaders of the insurrection, the courts just release them the next day.

Or he could be refferring to the areas of the Capital City where the police cannot go because of the armed guards that surround the few protesters.

If you think that stating that there is a possibility of civil was is cretinous, then you need to look to yourself.

Could it also be that for all the deaths and injuries caused to the protestos and innocent civilians the police so far have found nobody but whet any Red Shirts have a problem they spring into action and round up the usual suspects. Remember that most of the top policemen were selected by Thaksin personally and many are from his extended family.

The shinas are losing their grip. The red government is gradually being kicked out. The big bad guy in Dubai is not a good loser. He will try to cause destruction and havoc as revenge for sending off his puppet government. Last time there were bombs a bullets and burning buildings. He will try the same this time.

You're lost. Most inside sources link attacks to PDRC hired hands. Most evidence suggests the same. If you can read Thai, you will be able to understand it better.

Please quote the sources then for without evidence you speak only meaningless words.

The shinas are losing their grip. The red government is gradually being kicked out. The big bad guy in Dubai is not a good loser. He will try to cause destruction and havoc as revenge for sending off his puppet government. Last time there were bombs a bullets and burning buildings. He will try the same this time.

You're lost. Most inside sources link attacks to PDRC hired hands. Most evidence suggests the same. If you can read Thai, you will be able to understand it better.

What a bunch of BS where the hell do u get your sources7 from The Red Shirts Paper Hand Out Writin From The Great Camel Turd In Dubai !!! Please

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

What a bunch of BS where the hell do u get your sources7 from The Red Shirts Paper Hand Out Writin From The Great Camel Turd In Dubai !!! Please

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app