Why are farang so unhappy about successful farang in Thailand?

Tmymaimee

Is there a way to start a thread and prevent anyone with more than 1000 posts from posting a reply? These are the jackasses that make genuine people get truly fed up and go elsewhere.

Keep getting banned eh?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereustay

Living in LOS must produce excessive boredom for you. Women only? What about your exploits with others? With your "stud" characteristics, you must disappoint a "flock" - are you Kiwi?

Personally, I must be a real bore! Yes, it was a lot of fun for a couple fo years. But, then what? Time to move on, Whereustay? A different country? Grab a granny? A water buffalo? Options are infinite!

If any one have a problem or a question about a Visa, a residency, a property in Thailand, any technical question concerning emigration, nowhere on the Web will he find valuables answer like on ThaiVisa .

On the local forums if someone need to buy something he can harly find locally, any kind of address fo anything that could help him, nowhere on the Web will he received so many good answers, in spite of your posting this! Socoffee1.gif

I hope you'll have a good day, it wont make me unhappywai.gif

That is just not true. I would say about 95% of TV members are very decent and helpful. I have had help for everything from cars motorbikes computers etc etc. Also met some very good people.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is there a way to start a thread and prevent anyone with more than 1000 posts from posting a reply? These are the jackasses that make genuine people get truly fed up and go elsewhere.

Keep getting banned eh?

Maybe ...

'tis Thailand after all ... reincarnation and all that

• Like 1

My thread about the 3 girls actually had nothing to do with me per se...it was intended as a reflection of how Thai girls can so accepting of such an arrangement in contrast to normal society.

I recall the thread about the 40 million baht house for sale where half the posters could do nothing more than criticize it. It was a beautiful home by any standard.

I see the English teachers everyday on the BTS with their cheap, sweat stained suits and worn out shoes. I simply don't get what they're trying to achieve. They'll likely never amount to anything if they don't go back to society and establish a career. If they're happy, then more power to them but they sure look frustrated.

Maybe their is such a diverse range of people living here that there's no common interests....I have no idea but I've sure met some unhappy people in my time here. One guy tried to convince me that anyone who chose to live east of Sukhumvit in Pattaya would be murdered within a year, as locals would knock you off your bike to rob you. When I informed him that I drive a car, he couldn't grasp that not all farang were as rundown as him.

Mate, its really easy to understand why 3 girls you dating are so accepting.

When you pay by the hour, just like everybody else, they are ok with it, because other customers may pay better than you and now being low season every baht counts, no matter what it takes to earn it.

How do you arrive an conclusion the guys you see are English teachers? and why do they have to dress up in brand new suits when its stinking hot.

You do not get what they trying to achieve and many on here do not get what you trying to achieve by creating the silliest threads.

You drive a car? thats great, people who collect rubbish and empty bottles also drive cars.

Some of us, expats do well in Thailand, some do not, some like to pretend on internet and some do not.

In the end of the day who cares?! Mind your own business and carry on.

Just because some home was worth 40 million it does not make it a beauty automatically, yes some people may not like it and some may not like it because of envy, why do you care?

What exactly are you trying to prove?

There is the very odd person who is angry and bitter and is a bit of a keyboard warrior but you will get that in any forum. As I said. On TV they are very few and far between.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My thread about the 3 girls actually had nothing to do with me per se...it was intended as a reflection of how Thai girls can so accepting of such an arrangement in contrast to normal society.

I recall the thread about the 40 million baht house for sale where half the posters could do nothing more than criticize it. It was a beautiful home by any standard.

I see the English teachers everyday on the BTS with their cheap, sweat stained suits and worn out shoes. I simply don't get what they're trying to achieve. They'll likely never amount to anything if they don't go back to society and establish a career. If they're happy, then more power to them but they sure look frustrated.

Maybe their is such a diverse range of people living here that there's no common interests....I have no idea but I've sure met some unhappy people in my time here. One guy tried to convince me that anyone who chose to live east of Sukhumvit in Pattaya would be murdered within a year, as locals would knock you off your bike to rob you. When I informed him that I drive a car, he couldn't grasp that not all farang were as rundown as him.

When you pay by the hour, just like everybody else, they are ok with it, because other customers may pay better than you and now being low season every baht counts, no matter what it takes to earn it.

How do you arrive an conclusion the guys you see are English teachers? and why do they have to dress up in brand new suits when its stinking hot.

You do not get what they trying to achieve and many on here do not get what you trying to achieve by creating the silliest threads.

You drive a car? thats great, people who collect rubbish and empty bottles also drive cars.

Some of us, expats do well in Thailand, some do not, some like to pretend on internet and some do not.

Just because some home was worth 40 million it does not make it a beauty automatically, yes some people may not like it and some may not like it because of envy, why do you care?

Sorry, perhaps you should re-read what I said about the payment thing.:)

Are you an English teacher by chance?:) Seems like I struck a nerve with ya....ha, ha..:) Enjoying the Rangsit lifestyle?

I'm trying to prove the root of so much unhappiness in so many farangs here in Thailand stems from their own inadequacies and inability to congratulate others on their achievements that far surpass their own feeble efforts. Clear enough for you?:)

Keep getting banned eh?

Maybe ...

'tis Thailand after all ... reincarnation and all that

I agree....he should be more Zen about it.

If you want to see a waste of money with not much taste google evander holyfields mansion which has the largest 2 swimming pools in the entire USA and a cinema with 135 seats and dining room that can have dinner for 120+ guests comfortably lol

Guess what, he's broke and can't afford it so the bank foreclosed....

Poor mike tyson lost all his ridiculously luxurious mansions as well..

Must be tough lol....

OP, perhaps you should show us some posts where YOU have come to YOUR conclusion so I/we might understand what you are on about.........rolleyes.gif

Why is it these posters with, what??? 23,000+ posts cannot even stay on topic and make a worthwhile contribution or shut their fuc*ing hole???????????????

At least this very poster of 23,890 post is a very polite man...himtongue.png

most of us are complete losers and really jealous of those amazing billionaires who discuss their incredible success on anonymous web chat forums in between their morning polo match and afternoon tea at the oriental

People can play Polo on hired motorbike?blink.png

• Like 1

Sorry, perhaps you should re-read what I said about the payment thing.smile.png

Are you an English teacher by chance?smile.png Seems like I struck a nerve with ya....ha, ha..smile.png Enjoying the Rangsit lifestyle?

I'm trying to prove the root of so much unhappiness in so many farangs here in Thailand stems from their own inadequacies and inability to congratulate others on their achievements that far surpass their own feeble efforts. Clear enough for you?smile.png

What difference does it make if i am an enllish teacher or not?

I do not need to re-read about the payment thing, because i know it was bullshit , just as 5 or so of your previous threads about your girlfriends and their friends who are hookers.

You trying to prove the root? you want me to congratulate you on doing 3 hookers at the same time? Ok congratulations!!! it must be really challenging to win over a hookerthumbsup.gif

Hope you do realize those pesky english teachers are getting for freew00t.gif

One of the most startling interactions I've had with another expat in Thailand was while visiting my best expat friend, just as my wife and I were about to leave at the end of a very enjoyable week - the kind you can only enjoy when in the company of good friends, a car pulled up.

Out got two English Expats, guys in their 50s and a young English woman who, I learned was on holiday and had met up with these by chance.

One of the English guys was a friend of my host, and as often is the case, our friends friends tend to be people we too get along with. So after a brief introduction we set too chatting, there's nothing queer about GH, so I had a good chat with the young lady too.

The other new arrival was a little more reticent and clearly did not want to join the conversation - until after about 20 minutes he asked me a direct question 'So do you work here?' - 'Yes I said'. He went back to his silence, I went back to the conversation.

A little while later he spoke again and asked me who I work for - 'Oil and Gas down near BKK' I said - he went back to his silence, I rejoined the rest of the polite and enjoyable conversation.

Then the third question from my inquisitor - 'So you're on a good screw then' - 'I replied I get the going rate'.

At which point he exploded into a rage of foul language and abuse - This in someone else's house in front of people he'd never previously met.

So, I'm inclined to agree with the OP - There's some awfully bitter and twisted expats out there. More than a few with behaviour problems to boot.

Might have been the OP.............whistling.gif

thumbsup.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I'm not sure if whereustay is the most obnoxious troll on TV, or the most successful one.

Also don't understand the "hate-on" for English teachers. We are all here for different reasons which work for us.

Not sure what the hell might be his reasons, unless it's to brag about his whores and money.

Maybe its my circle of friends I dont see other farang being bitter at any success I have had here. If anything they are happy and I am happy with any success they have.

Unless you are talking about posts on forums its not real life.

Sent from my c64

"SUCCESS" - "ACHIEVEMENTS"

Loose words?

Maybe many of the expats residing in LOS come here for this very reason - no desire to "compete" anymore - "enough is enough" - no "need" to kick the other guy down. I qualify in this regard!

This "I am better than thee complex" - bores me s...less.

After a few years here, I met a few HiSos. Yes, I wiliingly "joined" the group! After a few years, I "resigned" with glee.

In fact, I am moving to a rural town in the near future - I am looking forward to it. Back to basics is very attractive now!

So, are farangs REALLY so unhappy about "successful" farang in LOS?

"Superficial" comes to mind!

BORING!

• Like 1

Wow, Whereustay is actually talking about something else besides getting laid. How refreshing.

As for the OP, I have no problem with anyone becoming successful in life. I applaud them. The problem is people tend to come on TV and lie about their success, as if to impress people and in essence, making their opinion about anything more credible. Or so they think. Unless it's somehow essential to the issue being discussed, why even bring up your personal wealth?

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum for a bit now, and everyone seems to get along so well, are helpful and encouraging. Here it seems like its just so many, angry, bitter people when you talk about so many topics.

The assumption stems from jealousy. This forum is full of extremely envious and bitter men.

If you don't believe me, start another thread and tell everyone how your new girlfriend is upper class and Thai-Chinese. After that, sit back and watch as the creeps come crawling out of the woodwork.

If everyone on this forum were wealthy and married to Venezuelan supermodels, there would be no jealousy at all.

Truth is, of course, most forum members are married to middle-aged runts, ex whores or tattooed peasants. Another problem is that lots of men are stuck in ruts and coming to terms with the fact that they'll never reach the top of their profession.

What a sad existence. Maybe that's why so many farang kill themselves in Thailand. Maybe sometimes they are not wrong to kill themselves as really, what other options do they have? Like that British guy on here with no friends or money returning to England. Would anyone care if he just jumped off a roof? Nope.

Whereustay - you are an insensitive douche!

OP, perhaps you should show us some posts where YOU have come to YOUR conclusion so I/we might understand what you are on about.........rolleyes.gif

Why is it these posters with, what??? 23,000+ posts cannot even stay on topic and make a worthwhile contribution or shut their fuc*ing hole???????????????

To be fair to you, you are very successful.......

As a Troll.

At least this very poster of 23,890 post is a very polite man...himtongue.png

And lives in a Thailand, as opposed to in fantasy.

• Like 1

A really successful Farang in the LOS, is the guy who is still happy and with the same women 10 years after he first fell in love with her.

Sadly I have only managed 7 years so far!

10 years and 1 month .

Then I divorced the bitch.

Time is not a factor in Los.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Easy...If you are successful you are busy....If you are busy you are not in this forum....

Well I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks, so that blows that generalisation out of the water. You might be surprised at some of the "successful" people that post here regularly.

A really successful Farang in the LOS, is the guy who is still happy and with the same women 10 years after he first fell in love with her.

Sadly I have only managed 7 years so far!

10 years and 1 month .

Then I divorced the bitch.

Time is not a factor in Los.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess you had your moneys worth.

I certainly did!

7 really great years.

Now I've happily had 3 years so far with this one.