NACC to launch probe into criminal charges against Yingluck

webfact

NACC to launch probe into criminal charges against Yingluck

2-25-2014-9-11-59-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission has decided to launch an inquiry into criminal charges against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra over the rice pledging scheme.

Commissioner Vicha Mahakhun said Thursday that an enquiry subcommittee would next week decide whether six additional witnesses would be allowed to testify. He expected the inquiry to be completed within the next two months.

Regarding the probe on corruption charges in connection with a government to government rice deal against former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyaphirom and former deputy commerce minister Poom Saraphol, Mr Vicha said that the investigation process would take 3-4 months because some of the accused are abroad.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-launch-probe-criminal-charges-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-16

• Like 2

Isn't lying, or as Hilary Clinton called it '" mis-speaking " part of Thainess ?

I think what the Thai do is more like speaking in tongues. It all sounds good, but evades meaning. However, everyone seems to know exactly what is going on.

Edited by rabas

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

While they are going after Yingluck, is there any chance we can see the perjury laws returning to pre-Yingluck standard? By that I mean the perjury laws should be reintroduced to stop people lying their asses off in court. The laws were scrapped when Yingluck was forced to tell a series of porkie pies in court.

I don't know how the laws have been changed, but it should go back to 2001 when Thaksin's driver, maid, relatives etc where holding a pile of his money "by mistake". He should never have been a PM.

Now you tell the population

Yes, the National Anti-Corruption Commission. Totally unbiased and unswayed by their master. Totally unpliable, just like the courts. Totally dedicated to rooting out all corruption in the country. Well done, boys.

• Like 1

While they are going after Yingluck, is there any chance we can see the perjury laws returning to pre-Yingluck standard? By that I mean the perjury laws should be reintroduced to stop people lying their asses off in court. The laws were scrapped when Yingluck was forced to tell a series of porkie pies in court.

What would those lies be? How would you know they are lies? You have personal experience with Yingluck and know for a fact they are lies?

Just want the truth here.

She didn't have a dime transferred into her account. How can this be called corruption? Foreseeing substantial loss in the program is not good enough to convict her with the charges.

True. Of all the extreme corruption in Thailand, they chose to go after her. Totally unbiased...eh

• Like 1

"...six additional witnesses would be allowed to testify."

Would these be the additional witnesses they denied could testify on behalf of Yingluck or are these additional witnesses for the prosecution. Just curious.

So it isn't good enough that Yingluck has been ousted by a judicial coup because the DPRC didn't like the election outcome, nooo... now the NACC has to turn the knife a few more times. Let's put the little lady in jail because she happens to be the brother of Thaksin.

• Like 1

She didn't have a dime transferred into her account. How can this be called corruption? Foreseeing substantial loss in the program is not good enough to convict her with the charges.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Who's to a trillion or two??---she was only the chairperson and Pm and defense minister so she cannot be blamed---maybe the government auditors will have to come up with some figures.

The case re the other VIPs may take longer--because they are OVERSEAS AY THE MOMENT.........I wonder how many are OVERSEAS--I posted on this weeks ago, me thinks more than people think, They will stay overseas if they have any brains-but if they love their country they will return---UNLIKE 1 guy in particular.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't know how the laws have been changed, but it should go back to 2001 when Thaksin's driver, maid, relatives etc where holding a pile of his money "by mistake". He should never have been a PM.

Exactly what I have been saying all along!

• Like 1

"...six additional witnesses would be allowed to testify."

Would these be the additional witnesses they denied could testify on behalf of Yingluck or are these additional witnesses for the prosecution. Just curious.

So it isn't good enough that Yingluck has been ousted by a judicial coup because the DPRC didn't like the election outcome, nooo... now the NACC has to turn the knife a few more times. Let's put the little lady in jail because she happens to be the brother of Thaksin.

I question why defense witnesses should be allowed to testify at all; NACC is an investigative body, not a court.

True. Of all the extreme corruption in Thailand, they chose to go after her. Totally unbiased...eh

Perhaps so, but the top office holder is a good place to start.

What would those lies be? How would you know they are lies? You have personal experience with Yingluck and know for a fact they are lies?

Just want the truth here.

English TAN Network says

"SEC: Yingluck Did Not Violate Securities Law Despite Committing Perjury

UPDATE : 13 June 2011

The Securities and Exchange Commission, or SEC, has announced that, despite committing perjury while testifying during her brother's assets concealment case, Yingluck Shinawatra did not violate the 1992 Securities and Stock Exchange Law"

http://www.tannetwor...?DataID=1044800

• Like 2

and at the same time, they have neglected any of the charges against Il Duce - the Beloved Leader...

If you're talking about Thaksin, there's a stack of arrest warrants awaiting his return.

And, if Thailand can ever get a government in place that is "anti-Shin", perhaps extradition requests can be processed so he can return. In Irons. coffee1.gif

Maybe because she was the PM? She was the head of her government, wasn't she? Isn't she ultimately responsible for what happens. And you call this unbiased?

Isn't lying, or as Hilary Clinton called it '" mis-speaking " part of Thainess ?

I think what the Thai do is more like speaking in tongues. It all sounds good, but evades meaning. However, everyone seems to know exactly what is going on.

now that was funny thumbsup.gif