May 16, 201412 yr I would appreciate some help with the following... I am planning on spending a year living with my boyfriend in BKK (he is there already on a work visa). My plans are as follows: Summer to xmas in BKK, then a month back in the UK, then January to March in BKK, and back to UK, then April to the summer in BKK. During each stint in BKK we plan to travel abroad in Asia once or twice. I was planning to get a triple entry tourist visa each time I go back to the UK. Is it feasible that I will be given three of these in a year? I also considered getting a 1 year education visa as I am willing to do a Thai language course, is this a better option? Any help (or better suggestions) would be gratefully received.
May 16, 201412 yr You could get the tourist visas in the UK without a problem. You could study Thai but you would only get 90 day extensions of stay You would just have to go to immigration to get them. Then if you want to travel you would need to get a re-entry permit.
May 16, 201412 yr Author You could get the tourist visas in the UK without a problem. You could study Thai but you would only get 90 day extensions of stay You would just have to go to immigration to get them. Then if you want to travel you would need to get a re-entry permit. Thank you for your reply. Will the Thai Consulate in the UK not think that it is suspicious if I apply for 3 tourist visas in a row (especially the last one as I am only in the UK for a week for a wedding so will need to apply for the visa straight away). Thanks
May 16, 201412 yr You will not have a problem in the UK as I said. I is not the same has getting from nearby locations. You might not need 3 of them if you time the entries and extensions correctly. You can get a re-entry permit to keep a 60 day entry valid if you just want to make a short trip out of the country.
May 16, 201412 yr Author Thank you again for your reply. I'll look into the re-entry permit suggestion, it seems like a good idea as some of the trips might just be a weekend away.
May 16, 201412 yr Thank you again for your reply. I'll look into the re-entry permit suggestion, it seems like a good idea as some of the trips might just be a weekend away. You need to enter the country using the visa obtained from the embassy or consulate in UK. The re-entry permit, if appropriate to maximizing your stay in Thailand, is obtain from an immigrations office in Thailand. It really depends on your travel plans, how long you stay in Thailand before exiting/returning and the "use by" date on your visa. You'll need to make your last entry into Thailand before the visa expires. The re-entry permit won't gain you any extra time beyond the date of your then current permission to stay. You MIGHT get ONE 30 day visa exempt entry at the airport after the visa expires. At least during your first period of travel you'll look like a legitimate tourist, but the issue of visa exempt entries, especially at border crossings, is somewhat unsettled right now. Edited May 16, 201412 yr by Suradit69
May 16, 201412 yr Time your last entry right....look at the expiration date....even if on an extension. If you fly in for the last entry after the expiration date...you will only get a 30 day visa exempt (15 for some)
May 16, 201412 yr OP see post #29 here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726268-will-i-have-problems-with-a-triple-entry-tourist-visa/page-2
Create an account or sign in to comment