salt water fishing

Try Huahinafterdark forum. I am sure it has been mentioned there. also there are details of the fishing lodge there, i am sure he will be able to steer you in the right direction...Tight Lines!!thumbsup.gif

If its anything like Koh Samui, don't waste your money. And if you happen to fish in Australia, fishing here will break your heart. If you took fish in SE Qld., the size of what you will catch here, you would have your boat and gear confiscated and face a big fine ! coffee1.gif

I know there are fishing Charters out of HH but sorry I couldn't remember the details.

I do have a friend living in HH and he has recently got a boat. ... he tells me it can be difficult to find good fishing spots and get a decent catch. ... could be due to all the commercial fishing boats working around the HH and Cha am area..... the area is very heavily fished as is the case with most of Thailand coast I guess.

Further south of HH a couple of hours drive could be a better prospect but I think you have the right idea. ... do a couple of charter trips and check out the areas and gear and techniques they use and that should give you an idea of what its like. .... good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

there is a fishing shop in khoa takiab and the thai guy there is a keen sea fisherman. he has lots of photos of big fish he has caught up on the walls, but i am afraid he says most of them were caught on the andaman sea side of thailand

the shop is about halfway into khoa takiab, and if you are driving with hua hin behind you, it is on the right hand side. it sells pet supplies too

this area is great for freshwater fishing tho mate. i have had 30lb carp and 40lb catfish from some of the waters round here, and seen 100lb fish brought out by others

(you should of seen the size of the one that got away mate - mouth the size of a small sink, but that's another story) facepalm.gif

Hi Mike,

I have a friend with a couple of boats down in Paknampran marina, he often goes fishing either with a small group on his private boat or a charter with a larger group (about 1000B per person including all gear, bait, etc).

I have only been once, was a great half a day, didn't catch anything huge but enough for a good feed in the evening, and the beers were cold!

How can I pass the contact info on to you?

• Like 1

Thank you all for your input,looks like I'll have to take up gardening.

Mike.

There is saltwater fishing near Ranong, a friend of mine and I were there in Feb/Mar and caught 5 barracudas in 3 days, along with a myriad of smaller fish.

last i was there sailfish from phi phi seemed a fair bet.

saw a guy with a cast net get a decent small catch from the creek in chaam. best i ever seen anyone shore based do here. not line stuff though.

agree about the boats off hua hin they rake it with a fine tooth comb. nothing could escape. andaman seems a more likely try.

Edited by The byaMemo