Indian Tourists Targeted Jet Ski Scam on Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

Indian Tourists Targeted Jet Ski Scam on Pattaya Beach

india555.jpeg
PATTAYA- May 15, 2014 [PDN]; May the inquiry official of Pattaya Police Station was notified by a Mr Narasimaiah Sanjay Kumar aged 32 from Indian. He is the Royal Racing Champion in Bangalore, India. He told police that after he rented 2 jet skis in the area of soi 6, Nong-prue, Banglamung for 30 minutes for 500THB per jet ski.

Once they returned the jet skis they were informed by the owner that they had damaged them and had to pay for the damage which was many thousands of THB. But they denied that they had caused the damage. Next the jet ski owners tried to intimidate them into paying for the so called damage.

The Indian tourists agreed to come to an agreement at the Police station but while they were walking to the bus stop the jet ski owners and around five people surrounded them and assaulted him and his friend.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/05/17/indian-tourists-targeted-jet-ski-scam-on-pattaya-beach/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-05-17

Doesn't seem like this problem is ever going to be solved.

Too much money involved. Despite numerous warnings, media and press articles high lighting this ongoing scam, it will never stop. Always another a gullible tourist to be exploited...

Scum of the earth, not as bad as rapists and monsters that interfere with children (but not far off), great work by the RT Police Force, well done guys.

As we all know, the Police Force in Thailand is a business, not a service ===FACT.

Yes typical jet ski scum. I happened upon this scam on my run, the small plastic trim was peeled up slightly on the front side of the ski. The damage they claimed could have easily been done with a finger while pulling it in without the Indian knowing. I think this is the reason the scammers always rush out to pull it in when the renter comes back to shore.

Surely the victims can request for those who carried out the assault to be prosecuted?

As long as there are witnesses there is no contest.

Oh, but hold a minute, who will they turn to for that request?

Yes, that's right, the good old dependable Police Force that is there to protect people from this sort of thing bah.gif , the same Government service business that is supporting the extortion.

Not a chance. Best thing to do is to play dead perhaps?

Edited by soihok

After watching the video now I know what a Royal Racing Champion is-----Royal Enfield Motorbike Racing - what that has got to do with anything though?

Not going to impress anyone in the police station is it?

Indian Tourists report Pattaya Beach Jet Ski Scam to Police

xindia-21-230x200.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-0H-p

PATTAYA: -- Late on Thursday Night an Indian Jet Ski Champion and his friend rented two Jet Ski’s on Pattaya Beach which resulted in them being assaulted after they refused to pay for damage before the matter was discussed at Pattaya Police Station.

Mr. Narasimaiah Sanjay Kumar aged 32, an off-road biking champion in Bangalore, India, rented two Jet Ski’s at a cost of 500 Baht for 30 minutes, from an operator situated on Pattaya Beach in front of Soi 6.

When the two men returned after their allotted time, the Operator claimed that damage had been sustained to both Jet Skis and compensation would have to be paid. Both men refuted claims they had damaged the vehicles and refused to pay any money until everyone concerned visited Pattaya Police Station to discuss the issue.

Suddenly a group of 5 men, all thought to be associated with the Jet Ski Operator, surrounded the two men and began to assault them. Both Indian Tourists managed to escape and went straight to Pattaya Police Station to report the scam and subsequent assault. The altercation was captured on video by one of the complainants and was shown to Police where at least two of the operators could be clearly identified.

Although Police promised to investigate the case and attempt to apprehend those responsible, with little evidence available the two Indians were told a conviction in this case would be unlikely

http://www.pattayaon...ttaya One News)

xpattayaonelogo.png.pagespeed.ic.lBoomVT
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-18

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Shameful.

Why didn't the police refer the incident, with the evidence, to the tourist court.

Perhaps closed for the evening for a birthday party.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Shameful.

Why didn't the police refer the incident, with the evidence, to the tourist court.

More likely to be involved, shocking.

"The altercation was captured on video by one of the complainants and was shown to Police where at least two of the operators could be clearly identified.

Although Police promised to investigate the case and attempt to apprehend those responsible, with little evidence available the two Indians were told a conviction in this case would be unlikely"

• Like 1

It's a shame. I would like to do also a ride on a Jet Ski. I'm sure it's a lot of fun. But the risk to get scammed is too high.

Buy your own jet ski or go to Vietnam if you want to rent one. Try Mui Ne beach, for about 300,000 VND ($15) for 15 mins, though you might be able to get that down to 200,000 or only 400,000 for 30 mins. No scams there as far as I can tell (I rented and rode a jet ski for the first time in my life there about 1.5 years ago, the friendly guy took it back and didn't even look at it, no deposit required nothing) and BTW Mui Ne is a much, much nicer place for a beach holiday than Pattaya. Yes, there are hordes of Russians and unlike in Pattaya, everything, including restaurant menus, billboards, etc. in every tourist business there is in Russian, not just some. Nothing wrong with that as Russians are the biggest tourists there and they mostly come as couples or as families.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Shameful.

More likely to be involved, shocking.

"The altercation was captured on video by one of the complainants and was shown to Police where at least two of the operators could be clearly identified.

Although Police promised to investigate the case and attempt to apprehend those responsible, with little evidence available the two Indians were told a conviction in this case would be unlikely"

"little evidence?" It's all on camera, duh!

I think that the police honestly try to help tourists scammed by these jet ski chaps, but they just can't find them. A jet ski can be easily hidden by a few branches, as this always works in the American tv programs I've watched over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I think that the police honestly try to help tourists scammed by these jet ski chaps, but they just can't find them. A jet ski can be easily hidden by a few branches, as this always works in the American tv programs I've watched over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sir, what the ---- are you smoking ?

• Like 1