Govt 'has authority' to push for election

Lite Beer

Thos posters advocating the election of senators should pause to think after it was revealed some flew to meet Thaksin in Singapore.

Senators are supposed to be neutral, a check and balance on governmental power.

So what do some do? Fly to seek advice from their master.

Disgusting.

and what do those that have been "appointed" by the Yellows/Dems and Ammart do?

Defend the interests of the nation, not a criminal on the run.

you jest...

another election where voters are bullied bribed and beaten until they vote red ..........another election where the second biggest party is not allowed to stand in the north east another election where people turn up only to find they've voted already another election where redshirts don't allow anyone else a chance except their puppet Master another snout in the trough for 5 years another day in Thailand. A joke country with a joke democracy a Joke Government and a Joke man in Dubai running the show!! Good now with the people firmly back under Thaksin the Dictators heel we can look forward to amnesty for all criminals again Poor Thailand shackled to a dictator and half the country dent know it, a quarter benefit from it and the other quarter are bombed into accepting it

Edited by love1012

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sutep and the prdc have tried all angles to hijack demroracy!

They have be told they have no legal basis to pursue the appointment of a interim PM.

Sutep himself knows now the end is near hence his last desperate final push for the 25tn may.

The elections should now go ahead and let the people decide.

It's a bitter pill for the yellows to swallow because yet another landslide victory is on it's way for the PTP and one of the main reasons for that is that they have been so focused on the peoples medium and the mad monk that abhisit has once again been sidelined.

He should instead been on the front foot laying out positive policies and at least been seen to be a politician instead of letting sutep derail the dems hopes of at least having some chance of winning over the people!

And what have been the success stories of the PTP administration over the past three years?

I think they will be voted back in but will be heavily dependent on the good will of other parties to form a majority. Lets just hope those other parties don't jump ship eh!

Just like the Sawanabhumi airport disaster... err minor cracks that were fixed in due course within normal engineering processes, and then X-Ray corruption scandle of which I don't recall and Thaksin close contacts being sent to court.. All this through a coup detat an ASC kangaroo court AND yet it was all Thaksin's doing!!!! Yes, no, bullshit. And now the Rice scheme lost, 100billion, 200b, or as TVGerry wrote yesterday 800billion... Give me a f8king break. For all we know after the stick pile is sold Thailand might have a positive number outcome. But of course that would be in three years time and the Dems/Suthep will claim victory! Give me a break. The administration is trying to work benefit for the agricultural base! Oppose it as you will, but tell me what else can be done.

The academics will be familiar with the results of recent studies that show that vote buying was not a significant factor in determining recent Thai general election results. Many of us have posted links to these studies again and again on this forum, but the 'educated' TVF commentators do not seem to want to read them. Anybody familiar with the demographics of the mittlestand won't be surprised.

Much of the vote buying comes with intimidation & coercion & we actually have no idea how these studies were conducted. We all have an opinion on how biased many of the international media groups are or how their reporting is superficial at best so just how well were those studies conducted. Even if the Dems were even allowed near the voters in red heartland most would probably be too fearful to take their money.

What the academic studies show is one thing, while what the international media groups report is quite another - the two are not directly connected. The published research studies typically explain the methodology used. Of course, people who think they know the answer already (but who mostly have little first-hand knowledge of voting behaviour in the N and NE) may wish to dismiss the findings. However, without evidence and reasoned argument about why the findings are wrong, their comments lack credibility. I lived in an Isaan village during two of the general elections of the past 10 years, and I do not recognise the intimidation and coercion that you claim is decisive. I do know that after the bodies came home in 2010 there were not too many who loved the Democrats.

• Like 1

For all we know after the stick pile is sold Thailand might have a positive number outcome. But of course that would be in three years time and the Dems/Suthep will claim victory! Give me a break. The administration is trying to work benefit for the agricultural base! Oppose it as you will, but tell me what else can be done.

Every day there is less and less rice; it's eaten by bugs, it's eaten by birds, it's eaten by rats, it's stolen, and don't forget that every day the rice rots just a little bit more.

And each and every day the storage costs rise still further.

I think we all know it's quite impossible they'll even break even let alone achieve a positive number.

If you want to know what else can be done, research how Abhisit did it. Want to give the farmers more, then do so. But Thaksin's rice scam was established from the beginning to rape the country.

• Like 1

Thos posters advocating the election of senators should pause to think after it was revealed some flew to meet Thaksin in Singapore.

Disgusting.

OH so what I thought the COURTS were supposed to be neutral??? Now what have you got to say.

For all we know after the stick pile is sold Thailand might have a positive number outcome. But of course that would be in three years time and the Dems/Suthep will claim victory! Give me a break. The administration is trying to work benefit for the agricultural base! Oppose it as you will, but tell me what else can be done.

Every day there is less and less rice; it's eaten by bugs, it's eaten by birds, it's eaten by rats, it's stolen, and don't forget that every day the rice rots just a little bit more.

I think we all know it's quite impossible they'll even break even let alone achieve a positive number.

If you want to know what else can be done, research how Abhisit did it. Want to give the farmers more, then do so. But Thaksin's rice scam was established from the beginning to rape the country.

Wrong it was started by abhisit and when he could not win his flunkies that were still operating it made it go down.

Thailand never had, does not have and never will have Democracy.

Thais do not know what Democracy means.

Even if Thais had a transparent, not rigged, Internationally supervised elections there will be no Democracy in Thailand.

Thai people are not ready for Democracy. (I am not talking here of individuals)

Democracy means:

- Law and Order Enforcement for everyone;

- Every vote counts;

- People understand their rights and responsibilities;

- Corruption does not exist or is fought against on every level;

- All Administration and Power structures are appointed and operating with transparency strictly on merit basis;

- Every Citizen is getting equal and the best possible Education with similar sets of values.

Thai Society is entrenched in and based on the opposites to above for Millennia.

Changing shirt colour does not change anything.

Paralyzing BKK traffic does not change anything.

Having yet another election does not change anything.

Shooting at each other does not change anything.

Another Military Coup does not change anything.

Sorry to spoil your mood on a beautiful Sunday morning. Have a-cuppa... coffee1.gif

Thailand has a better idea of democracy as a concept than any of the countries affected by the "Arab Spring".

another election where voters are bullied bribed and beaten until they vote red ..........another election where the second biggest party is not allowed to stand in the north east another election where people turn up only to find they've voted already another election where redshirts don't allow anyone else a chance except their puppet Master another snout in the trough for 5 years another day in Thailand. A joke country with a joke democracy a Joke Government and a Joke man in Dubai running the show!! Good now with the people firmly back under Thaksin the Dictators heel we can look forward to amnesty for all criminals again Poor Thailand shackled to a dictator and half the country dent know it, a quarter benefit from it and the other quarter are bombed into accepting it

If that is so, why did Suthep reject the red's proposal of having international observers for the 2011 election?

I am surprised that Red Shirts do not respect our country’s sovereignty… I don’t understand why they constantly call for foreign involvement, it is inappropriate,’ Mr Suthep told reporters. ‘I don’t respect ‘farangs’. We do not have to surrender to them,‘ he said, using the Thai word for ‘Westerners’.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/51084/thailand-rejects-foreign-election-observers/

" The opposition Puea Thai Party won relatively free and fair parliamentary elections in July 2011"

http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2012/thailand#.U3iQcNKSyFU

Disgusting.

and what do those that have been "appointed" by the Yellows/Dems and Ammart do?

It's not a schoolyard fight. He did so I did it too!

It's not relevant what other elected and/or appointed senators do.

I think it's just completely wrong (and possibly illegal) for those Senators to have flown to Singapore to meet with the big boss. It's definitely not how they are supposed to act or think.

How would American's reacted if a bunch of Senators had flown to Pakistan and met with Osama Bin Laden (before the USA assassinated him)?

I know, it was just a private meeting and nothing to do with politics or Thailand.

Wrong it was started by abhisit and when he could not win his flunkies that were still operating it made it go down.

What was started by Abhisit?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The old yellow rhetoric again and again day in day out!

No moving forward just thaksin thaksin thaksin.

You should be asking where is abhisit?

As I said in these times here's his chance to shine go on the front foot and give the people options but no it seems the dems are like a headless chook.

At least give the people an alternative or your just going down the same track as you have been for years!

• Like 1

"In a forum on solutions for the crisis held at Thammasat University's Rangsit Campus yesterday, Worajet Pakeerat said Article 195 of the charter states that only a Cabinet minister has the authority to submit a request for a Royal Decree for a new poll, and not the Election Commission".

A bit difficult actually as there are no cabinet ministers or a PM for that matter!!!

and that's another example of why Thailand is in uncharted waters. The constitution didn't anticipate having to call another election after a failed election. That's also where the Constitutional Court comes in. Their job is to interpret the Constitution and rule on a way out. They can be wrong too. So more or less they will have to say who should submit the request for a Royal Decree for a new poll. What complicates the current situation as well is that the previous election failed because of the government, so giving the caretaker government the power to submit the decree leaves the next election open to the same stupidity. There are also fears, unfounded I believe, that if the EC is supposed to submit the request, that they won't and Thailand will be stuck with the current caretaker government forever, or at least until the caretaker cabinet dies of old age or resigns or the country falls completely apart. Just saying makes it sound like a silly fear.

The old yellow rhetoric again and again day in day out!

No moving forward just thaksin thaksin thaksin.

You should be asking where is abhisit?

As I said in these times here's his chance to shine go on the front foot and give the people options but no it seems the dems are like a headless chook.

At least give the people an alternative or your just going down the same track as you have been for years!

Abhisit is busy meeting with the Senate.

Sutep and the prdc have tried all angles to hijack demroracy!

They have be told they have no legal basis to pursue the appointment of a interim PM.

Sutep himself knows now the end is near hence his last desperate final push for the 25tn may.

The elections should now go ahead and let the people decide.

It's a bitter pill for the yellows to swallow because yet another landslide victory is on it's way for the PTP and one of the main reasons for that is that they have been so focused on the peoples medium and the mad monk that abhisit has once again been sidelined.

He should instead been on the front foot laying out positive policies and at least been seen to be a politician instead of letting sutep derail the dems hopes of at least having some chance of winning over the people!

For all your comments and assertions of yellows pinks reds and blues. it wont affect yu will it as you can only write rubbish and be a keyboard junkie. YOU CANNOT VOTE as neither can most of us here so why all the fuss?

Tell me where your democracy will take thailand ?????

Even if Thais had a transparent, not rigged, Internationally supervised elections there will be no Democracy in Thailand.

Democracy means:

- Every vote counts;

- All Administration and Power structures are appointed and operating with transparency strictly on merit basis;

- Every Citizen is getting equal and the best possible Education with similar sets of values.

Thai Society is entrenched in and based on the opposites to above for Millennia.

Sorry to spoil your mood on a beautiful Sunday morning. Have a-cuppa... coffee1.gif

Mr Parrot, Stutter over this post as it states what D E M O C R A C Y stands for as many of your friends and back slappers have no idea and maybe why they Like Thailand as it is and not the great place it can become.

Well it's like this and I know the yellow elite backers on here aren't going to like the the truth but here it is.

In the history of thai elections the people and I mean the thai people handed down the two greatest victories by landslides to the PTP !

One lead by Thaksin the other by Yingluck!

That my friends is democracy!

Vote buying on both sides didn't change a thing as both were landslides!

If instead of backing sutep and howling foul you should of been getting up abhisit for not doing his job and kowtowing to his selfish agenda of it's my way or the highway attitude .

By abhisits weak leadership by allowing sutep and the mad monk run the show and hoping they prevail has only lead to one thing.

Another landslide victory because when people eventually vote they will show that once again the democrats are either totally out of touch with the people or they think they are born to rule!

It's not thaksin it's not sutep it's up to abhisit or who will ever lead the dems to turn it around not just sit on their hands and think other people can do the dirty work.

Show the people you have got something for them a way forward something!

Disgusting.

Some just stay in Bangkok to obey their masters, Disgusting, Isn't it.............

Appointed senator Somchai Sawaengkarn said the voting patterns of appointed senators show that 60 of the 73 appointed senators are in the anti-government camp.

The remaining 13 are believed to be aligned with the government, Mr Somchai said.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/121241/the-reason-why-the-thai-establishment-likes-appointed-senators/

Or you could say some just stay in Bangkok to try and ensure the important job of finding a resolution to this mess rather than fly to Singapore for talks with a convicted on the run criminal and financier of a militia wing of government!

"Appointed senator Somchai Sawaengkarn said the voting patterns of appointed senators show that 60 of the 73 appointed senators are in the lets find a way out of this mess camp"

You believe what you want to believe. If you're that gullible, that is.

Well it's like this and I know the yellow elite backers on here aren't going to like the the truth but here it is.

In the history of thai elections the people and I mean the thai people handed down the two greatest victories by landslides to the PTP !

One lead by Thaksin the other by Yingluck!

That my friends is democracy!

Vote buying on both sides didn't change a thing as both were landslides!

If instead of backing sutep and howling foul you should of been getting up abhisit for not doing his job and kowtowing to his selfish agenda of it's my way or the highway attitude .

By abhisits weak leadership by allowing sutep and the mad monk run the show and hoping they prevail has only lead to one thing.

Another landslide victory because when people eventually vote they will show that once again the democrats are either totally out of touch with the people or they think they are born to rule!

It's not thaksin it's not sutep it's up to abhisit or who will ever lead the dems to turn it around not just sit on their hands and think other people can do the dirty work.

Show the people you have got something for them a way forward something!

Ummm Thaksin's 2005 election was a landslide true .. since then no it hasn't!

Oh and it wasn't PTP then it was Thai Rak Thai (Thai love Thai)

I wish Thai would love Thai again!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Democracy means:

- Every vote counts;

Sorry to spoil your mood on a beautiful Sunday morning. Have a-cuppa... coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Most of us know all that , but we enjoy a load of laughs , something you don't get in a democratic run country.

Who really cares if Thailand has a western style democracy? I certainly did not move here with any desire for living in a democracy. I came here for nice time with nice people and to have a relaxing time during my retirement years. Could care less if they have no democracy and no corruption and does not affect my life at all. This is my country of residence and not my country of nationality and certainly do not have the right to vote here, so why worry about it?

Get a life and enjoy this country and if you wish to complain all the time about yellow or red or purple shirts, then there are other countries you can move to surely.