Going to Thailand with my Girlfriend

iExpat

how would it be better in private? I quite often read threads where others have asked for advice on similar subjects to what I want to know. This would be useless if everyone sent their advice by P.M!

the whole concept of the forum would be obliterated. Along with TVs advertising profits

Good job mod at encouraging the demise of TVs entire business

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have three main concerns.

1. You aren't allowed to work in Thailand, even if it's online.

2. You need to arrange the correct visa for your stay.

3. Phuket is a mafia-ridden hole, over-priced with its best days long gone.

If you are serious I recommend a visit first.

how would it be better in private? I quite often read threads where others have asked for advice on similar subjects to what I want to know. This would be useless if everyone sent their advice by P.M!

the whole concept of the forum would be obliterated. Along with TVs advertising profits

Good job mod at encouraging the demise of TVs entire business

with 269 posts I doubt very much he is a Mod....... Could be wrong though.

I reccomend recommend that you don't mess around on here, there's homework to be finished for school tomorrow.wink.png

Im sorry for the spelling mistake.

Im not native

Lets see if you can speak my language.

Good luck.

number one, if you do ANY kind of work here you need a work permit, number two try another country with less stringent laws, as a tenny bopper you don't stand a chance of living here with your stated income, number three, learn english or that, that's all they speak here!

I moved to Pattaya when I was 23 but I work month on month off so a visa isn't a problem.

Come on over it's a great place to live and I'm sure you'll find a way around the visa obstacle. ED visa seems to be your best bet and you'll learn Thai also which will come in handy if English isn't your first language.

I'm sure you'll love it here, report back how you're getting on once you're settled here.

P.S. The jealous old guys are much nicer in person.

And another delusional, blue-eyed kid ("less than 21 years old") who thinks that all he has to do is flying into Thailand - probably on a visa-on-arrival - and can live happily near palm-fringed beaches and bathe in tropical bliss "for some years at least" without ever having to hammer out a concrete plan taking into considerations the numerous restrictions foreigners - particularly ones who intend to work! - have to deal with.

How about a work permit? Given any thought to that? You (and your girlfriend) CANNOT work in Thailand without a proper work permit, even if you run an online business. It's illegal.

How about your visa arrangements? Thailand is becoming very strict with regards to foreigners who just come to stay "for some years at least" without holding appropriate long-term visas or extensions of stay.

How about health insurance? Anything in mind yet?

While $ 2,000 to 3,000 per month may be very sufficient for two people even when they stay in Phuket (Phucket???), it all depends on how you define "eat good and live good".

Why don't you do quite a bit more research on your own, devise a concrete plan, and then return to TV and present it for comments, feedback and suggestions? Give us some beef to chew on, not just a thing broth with no meat in it!

But no, instead you just want to go the easy way, present a rather vague and rudimentary idea and expect that forum members will go to great lengths doing all the hard work for you and lay out a plan that might (or might not) be agreeable with you.

The magic word is "Internet". With some time effort, there you can find exhausting information on all types of accommodation, price ranges, locations, restaurants, general living cost, attractions, environments, official regulations and requirements for potential Thailand residents, and much, much more.

Good answer but so unnecessary for such an obvious troll...or are there really such stupid people out there???

• Like 1

More than obvious watso63. That he's a troll sticks out like the proverbial dog's balls.

SFA number of posts, a dumb ar$e question, and here we are 3 pages later!!

In answer to your question watso63, yes there are, but the OP is just a troll, however he may also be one of those of whom you speak.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

I reccomend recommend that you don't mess around on here, there's homework to be finished for school tomorrow.wink.png

Many people recommend that you don't mess around here but you continue to do so.

Im not native

Good luck.

number one, if you do ANY kind of work here you need a work permit, number two try another country with less stringent laws, as a tenny bopper you don't stand a chance of living here with your stated income, number three, learn english or that, that's all they speak here!

Wow what a miserable git you are..

$2k/$3k is easily enough to live in LOS, I think you might have been confusing the OP with someone who is committed each month to shelling out $1k+ or more on a) bar girls or B) the extended peasant thai family

I don't think that is the case with the OP

• Like 1

Don't waist your time coming to Thailand if your only 21.

Its problems all the way, Visa problem, Work Permit problem, and then there's the 90 day reporting,

Not the most welcoming place at all.

I am guessing your from the States. Look at the Mediterranean, places like Ibiza for exciting life or Minorca for slightly quieter life. They drive on the right.

Good communications for your internet business.

I think that it may not be in 'your, as in two' interests to come and live here ... even though you say that you have both visited before. It's like taking 'Coal to Newcastle' ... when you really find out what is on offer here, especially as a young man with money ... you two are doomed and maybe your business as well.

So you will have that problem 'on top' ... no pun intended ... of everything else. BUT it's great to live here ... and many like myself find, that even after many years of marriage, a Thai woman still makes a wonderful loving wife ... thinking about it, maybe come after all whistling.gif ... only replied because I'm jet-lagged and too tired to go out today, wife feels the same.....tomorrow is another day though ...

Im not native

Good luck.

What language spells Phuket 'Phucket' ???

totster smile.png

Russian ?

Hua Hin is not a bad choice and has a beach..Much Cheaper then Phuket..

You are 100% in right, but he would like to go to Phucket and may be those is not expensive. Da?

Edited by Loles

When I stay in LOS for more than a couple of weeks I go to Maha Sarakham good for me because I am and old guy I do not think it would be good for you.My son and his wife rent a place at Hua Hin which is a very nice place.I wish you luck in your future endeavours

• Like 1

To be honest. I just want to move with my gf to a chill place in chiang mai now and relax there and make our money have more value.

About thai girls im with my gf 100% im not going to cheat on her with a thai girl ever.

We would get an ED Visa to stay there.

Once there we would like to travel asia.

• Like 2

Not every guy who comes with a gf is interested in a girl he can hardly communicate with, and not understand his humour.

Just because the majority of you are Asiafiles, doesnt mean that a man cannot be happy with his gf for MORE than just looks alone.

I know many couples who have come to Thailand, where the guy has never been tempted by a Thai girl.

In many cases though, their gfs are pretty good looking in any case, so the combination of great communication and good looks etc, blows competition out of the water.

Get a grip guys.

Hell..even if his gf looked like the girl in this photo, chances are you would all be saying leave the gf at home because a short, braces wearing Thai girl who can hardly communicate with him would still be so much better.

bondi-beach-hot-blonde-topless-beach-gir

...of course, she would have to wear a bikini top on Thai beaches though!

Nah, I'd prefer the short, braces and glasses wearing Thai girl who can't communicate except in Thanglish.....anytime.

Hold on, what am I saying??

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 2

Not every guy who comes with a gf is interested in a girl he can hardly communicate with, and not understand his humour.

Just because the majority of you are Asiafiles, doesnt mean that a man cannot be happy with his gf for MORE than just looks alone.

I know many couples who have come to Thailand, where the guy has never been tempted by a Thai girl.

In many cases though, their gfs are pretty good looking in any case, so the combination of great communication and good looks etc, blows competition out of the water.

Get a grip guys.

Hell..even if his gf looked like the girl in this photo, chances are you would all be saying leave the gf at home because a short, braces wearing Thai girl who can hardly communicate with him would still be so much better.

The general gripe here has been the way she will look in 10 years time as compared with a thai girl.

• Like 1

Get a grip guys.

The general gripe here has been the way she will look in 10 years time as compared with a thai girl.

Yes, but as many have stated, Thai women often "conform" to a more mumsy look when they hit 45/50...whereas in general 45/50+ is not considered "past it" in the west.

COntrary to popular belief (on this forum), most western women actually take pride in wanting to look good throughout their lives. Take a look around you. Sure you may see a few frumpy western women (if thats what you are focusing on to confirm your POV), but how many do you see that still look good (be honest). I would say the majority of 40+ farang ladies are rocking it.

Of course, many Thai ladies are rocking it too. However, for the more traditional ladies, they generally feel forced to conform to social standards of what is normal for a 45+ year old.

You are also deluding yourself if you are only seeing great looking Thai ladies, for even many of the younger generation are dragging their heels and partake in little effort/exercise.

If men were to dump the chip on their shoulders and measure women in a more fair manner, might suprise what yourself what you see.

Im pretty sure that most are no oil paintings in this forum, nor are they on the younger side of 50.

Get a grip guys.

Bla, Bla, Bla ....

But it's fact, this is your first attractive image even .....

Get a grip guys.

Yes, but as many have stated, Thai women often "conform" to a more mumsy look when they hit 45/50...whereas in general 45/50+ is not considered "past it" in the west.

COntrary to popular belief (on this forum), most western women actually take pride in wanting to look good throughout their lives. Take a look around you. Sure you may see a few frumpy western women (if thats what you are focusing on to confirm your POV), but how many do you see that still look good (be honest). I would say the majority of 40+ farang ladies are rocking it.

Of course, many Thai ladies are rocking it too. However, for the more traditional ladies, they generally feel forced to conform to social standards of what is normal for a 45+ year old.

You are also deluding yourself if you are only seeing great looking Thai ladies, for even many of the younger generation are dragging their heels and partake in little effort/exercise.

If men were to dump the chip on their shoulders and measure women in a more fair manner, might suprise what yourself what you see.

Im pretty sure that most are no oil paintings in this forum, nor are they on the younger side of 50.

It's the men with chips on their shoulders?

Edit: deleted the blonde, repeated way too many times already.

Edited by 55Jay

Well i can only say welcome and im happy you want to try something new. At your age you dont want some place that is boring so welcome to Pattaya where its all cheap and if needed action 24/7.

You can get 3 years educational visa for around 60000 Bht. You have to attend 2 classes a week and each class is 2h. So a total of 4h week. That is for learning Thai. And about the online business just keep quiet about it and all will be fine.

Well i can only say welcome and im happy you want to try something new. At your age you dont want some place that is boring so welcome to Pattaya where its all cheap and if needed action 24/7.

You can get 3 years educational visa for around 60000 Bht. You have to attend 2 classes a week and each class is 2h. So a total of 4h week. That is for learning Thai. And about the online business just keep quiet about it and all will be fine.

If he decided to make the move right now, Bangkok won't be boring with all the military action currently going on!!!

Edited by F4UCorsair