Do thai ladies stand by their man in tough times?

hellohello123

Assuming your girl is nit a bar girl and doesn't see you as a walking atm

Say you are married/long term, and say you got sick, or lost your job, or get health problems, or get depression or become disabled, or you become poor

Is It Thai culture to stand by their man or do they cut you loose, compared to what is typical in the western world?

Genuine curiosity question

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the reason I ask is I see and hear many ladies when their dad is sick or something happens, they quit their jobs, even dump their current bf and look for a local husband and go back home to look after them.

And was wondering if their husband (faring or not) would get the same treatment

The latest example I heard was a friends sister, she is middle to upper class girl who,s father had a stroke , dumped her fairly rich Thai bf, quit her job, and went and married a local Thai man who is apparently poor, all in a period of 6 months and moved back home town to look after him (mother is still alive and healthy too!)

I was mighty impressed but was surprised how quickly she got married,

Edited by hellohello123

Part of the reason I ask is I see and hear many ladies when their dad is sick or something happens, they quit their jobs, even dump their current bf and look for a local husband and go back home to look after them.

The latest example I heard was a friends sister, she is middle to upper class girl who,s father had a stroke , dumped her fairly rich Thai bf, and went and married a local Thai man who is apparently poor, all in a period of 6 months and moved back home town.

If it meant losing the cash flow, all stops would be pulled out.

No man should marry a woman if he thinks along the line their maybe a possible chance that she'll leave in circumstances like the OP. Too many Farang men get married early that are still in the 'glamour' stage of the relationship.
stay together with your significant other 5 yrs prior to marriage, and you will know if she will stick around until 'death do us part'.

TRUE faithfulness - loyalty - Love are characteristics only few possess :(

• Like 2

No man should marry a woman if he thinks along the line their maybe a possible chance that she'll leave in circumstances like the OP. Too many Farang men get married early that are still in the 'glamour' stage of the relationship.

stay together with your significant other 5 yrs prior to marriage, and you will know if she will stick around until 'death do us part'.

TRUE faithfulness - loyalty - Love are characteristics only few possess sad.png

If that's your missus in the photo then I wouldn't blame you for marrying in the glamour stage. ;)

Ah in the West there is an almost 50% faillure too. Besides everyone is bad to some extent I know I am.

• Like 1

I can say definitely yes. Many Thai ladies have stood by me during hard times.

Payboy is correct not only that but during hard times many thai ladies are willing to help.

Sent from my c64

• Like 2

People seem to assume Thai girls are not human, they will stand with their man if they love and care for him. It is quite normal for a girl to lover her man.

If the girl was out for money from the start.. usually to be recognized by big age discrepancy or looks discrepancy + sin sod and having to pay her a salary every month then there is a big chance your on your own (there are also exceptions here)

People seem to think that Thais are totally different, they are not.. you got smart people here loyal people here and scumbags.. just like everywhere else on this planet.

One thing in the west is of way lesser significance than in Thailand. The influence of the family on your partner. In the west, in general, it is partner 1st (own choice) and then family. Here it is, in general, family 1st, blood, then partner.

• Like 2

The latest example I heard was a friends sister, she is middle to upper class girl who,s father had a stroke , dumped her fairly rich Thai bf, quit her job, and went and married a local Thai man who is apparently poor, all in a period of 6 months and moved back home town to look after him (mother is still alive and healthy too!)

I think I get the point of your question and it's more about whether a Thai woman would stand by her farang in tough times. The answer would be mixed, of course. In general, I find Thai women do stand by their men if they love them. This seems to be more true if she were married to a Thai guy. I'm not sure if this is a reflection of the sort of Thai women some farang guys choose to shack up with, or just the type of Thai women who date farangs. It's rather old and tired to say that many Thai women choose a farang for financial reasons, but there's a lot of truth to that...with exceptions of course. Which would mean that the loyalty would diminish in direct correlation with the finances.

• Like 1

I've had mixed experiences with a couple of different Thai girlfriends. One thing that sticks in my mind, however, is the following. A couple of years ago my girlfriend had a friend who owned a beauty shop. She stopped by often to chat and I also got to know her girlfriend and her Farang boyfriend and they always seemed nice to me. One day her girlfriend was telling her friends in the shop that a woman she knows.......HAD VERY GOOD LUCK.........HER FARANG HUSBAND DIED SUDDENLY.....HE LEFT HER OVER 15 MILLION BAHT!!! This is good luck? Your husband dies? I still shake my head. To my surprise every woman in the shop agreed....THIS WAS GOOD LUCK!!! Not one word of how the poor guy passed away or sadness about his sudden demise!

• Like 2

If that's your missus in the photo then I wouldn't blame you for marrying in the glamour stage. wink.png

Ummm.. I'm the girl in the photo, unless you know a man name Kirsty?

But thanks for the compliment. I feel flattered. 555+

Oh my bad, was I wrong about you being married too?

• Like 1

I think I get the point of your question and it's more about whether a Thai woman would stand by her farang in tough times. The answer would be mixed, of course. In general, I find Thai women do stand by their men if they love them. This seems to be more true if she were married to a Thai guy. I'm not sure if this is a reflection of the sort of Thai women some farang guys choose to shack up with, or just the type of Thai women who date farangs. It's rather old and tired to say that many Thai women choose a farang for financial reasons, but there's a lot of truth to that...with exceptions of course. Which would mean that the loyalty would diminish in direct correlation with the finances.

Yes you are almost spot on, As per other posts on TV, I would never expect a partner (farang or not)to be put above family etc.

I was more curious as to my western mentality of sticking by your partner in the tough times, whether its the same mentality in Thailand,

its good to hear that the majority of the responses do indicate that you wont be dumped the second you get a health problem, or you lose your job ,or you get a pay cut or you get some sort of disability

I would never do that to my partner, and would sincerely hope that it wouldnt happen to me,

thats my moral standpoint

I've had mixed experiences with a couple of different Thai girlfriends. One thing that sticks in my mind, however, is the following. A couple of years ago my girlfriend had a friend who owned a beauty shop. She stopped by often to chat and I also got to know her girlfriend and her Farang boyfriend and they always seemed nice to me. One day her girlfriend was telling her friends in the shop that a woman she knows.......HAD VERY GOOD LUCK.........HER FARANG HUSBAND DIED SUDDENLY.....HE LEFT HER OVER 15 MILLION BAHT!!! This is good luck? Your husband dies? I still shake my head. To my surprise every woman in the shop agreed....THIS WAS GOOD LUCK!!! Not one word of how the poor guy passed away or sadness about his sudden demise!

it sounds like she is a bar girl or no different to a common hooker who married some farang for money, so this behaviour doesnt surprise me,

however, if this is the mentality of the normal thai girl, I would be very disappointed!

it sounds like she is a bar girl or no different to a common hooker who married some farang for money, so this behaviour doesnt surprise me,

however, if this is the mentality of the normal thai girl, I would be very disappointed!

Dont make the mistake to emphasize too much on bargirl or hooker in example as given above.....thats were your thinking is wrong.IMHO ofcourse.

• Like 1