Govt owes disaster-hit farmers THB 5 billion

Lite Beer

Govt owes disaster-hit farmers THB 5 billion

BANGKOK, 18 May 2014 (NNT) - Farmers affected by natural disasters from April 2013 – May 2014 are urging the government to pay them long-overdue compensation totaling over five billion baht. Those in drought-prone areas are told to brace for extended dry season conditions this year.

Permanent Secretary for Agriculture and Cooperatives Chawalit Chukhachon said the farmers had not received their compensation since the Cabinet had not yet approved it. The ministry therefore contacted the Bureau of the Budget to expedite the matter for the Cabinet’s consideration, he said.

The ministry has assigned the Royal Irrigations Department and the Department of Agricultural Extension to urgently inform farmers of a shortage of rain which is expected to last until the end of June. Farmers have been advised to postpone cultivation until the rainy season starts.

The Meteorological Department has forecast that 17 provinces with a total area of 1.2 million Rai will be affected by drought this year. Most of them are in the North and Northeast.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-18 footer_n.gif

Is the remaining government doing anything other than saying no to any 3rd party proposals?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well yes, the acting caretaker PM and several of his acting caretaker cabinet ministers went on an important inspection tour of the north, so important that he had to put off a meeting with the Senate.

At the same time as he was there the red leaders in that area decided to get together more people to go to BKK to support the so called government of the ACMP :

Redshirts label court’s judgment a rebellion

CHIANG MAI: -- Redshirt people in Chiang Mai displayed banners attacking the Constitutional Court over what they called unjust rulings and vowed to join redshirt rally in Bangkok to escalate the protest and demanded justice to be returned.

The banners were displayed on pedestrian overpasses, major intersections and public places denouncing and labelling the court’s judgment unfair and a rebellion.

The banner did not specify in which case its judgment was unfair but just accused the judges and declared they would never accept their rulings.

The banners were signed by Sor Por Por Lanna, Sor Por Por Chiang Mai and Sor Por Por Lamphun.

But a few hours after the banners were displayed, they were all removed by security officials.

A hardcore redshirt leader in Chiang Mai Phetchawat Wattanapongsirikul of the Rak Chiang Mai Group said the banners belonged to the redshirts said several groups of redshirt people were unsatisfied with the Constitutional Court’s rulings and they were launching campaign on the media, community radio persuading all redshirts in Chiang Mai and other northern provinces to come out and join the redshirt rally on Aksa road in Bangkok Sunday to demand justice.

They would travel by buses, trains, cars to Bangkok Sunday, he said.

Besides, he said, there would be rallies at many public places in Chiang Mai to voice opposition to the unjust rulings.

Source: http://englishnews.t...gment-rebellion

I don't suppose there could possibly be a connection between these two things nor the fact that money has become available to pay for these groups to travel to the big city.

Farmers affected by natural disasters

Is raping available assets, and the sending them abroad (as well as pocketing the majority of them) a natural disaster?

I'd personally say that is an organised disaster, created by a raping PTP government, and its member actors.

I could be wrong, however.

You are wrong. The caretaker government is not allowed to disburse any funds outside of already budgeted "maintenance expenditures.

It is all;

"Govt owes"

"Govt denies"

"Govt denounces"

Never'

"Govt successfully implemented"

"Govt alleviated"

"Govt took the criticism on board"

"Govt share the blame"

One can be assured that even though these farmers will be paid compensation and be paid for their rice within weeks if they step aside to make way for an interim govt that will have full govt powers the PTP will not. They say they care, but their actions state otherwise.

An interim government by its very definition would be a caretaker government. It would not have legal authority to disburse funds. Only funds authorized by the House can be disbursed, Read the Constitution.

Is the remaining government doing anything other than saying no to any 3rd party proposals?

A caretaker government has restricted powers of spending.

As you very well know, the Election Commission forbids the caretaker government from disbursing emergency funds as its opinion is that this could influence voter intentions.

As you very well know, the Election Commission forbids the caretaker government from disbursing emergency funds as its opinion is that this could influence voter intentions.

That does not prevent the remaining officials from asking for emergency funds. But then again they did so several years ago, were awarded 350 billion then did bugger all with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

EC had nothing to do with the OWED money-should have been paid earlier and well you know it BS GK

• Like 2

I doubt if the caretaker government have the authority to make payments?

Perhaps Suthep can help.

Why not Yingluck -rice chairperson, they owe the money before Suthep arrived on the scene. Fancy GKid liking your post, and he knows full well they withheld the money. PTP problem should have paid them before November. promise again not kept.

Clutching at straws again?

Perhaps Suthep can help.

Why not Yingluck -rice chairperson, they owe the money before Suthep arrived on the scene. Fancy GKid liking your post, and he knows full well they withheld the money. PTP problem should have paid them before November. promise again not kept.

Clutching at straws again?

You said that for what ??? is that your honest answer for bad governing ??? non payment to the people who voted them in. PEWK

Quite the twist here. The people in the North rant secession and oppose rulings of the courts and at the same time are asking for money from the GOV for drought relief. What will they do if they succede in secession? The majority dont pay taxes so money for relief would never be offered. If they dont accept the rule of law then maybe that relief money can disappear like the billions in the rice scheme did. Only no one would be held accountable.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How long do we have to listen about the farmers. The farmers are owed this and that. The farmers have been bought and partially paid for by PTP! I do hope they get their money for their overpaid rice, but give me a break! What about infrastructure.

The roads in Bangkok can handle 4-5 million cars max, but now there are 8 million plus. The roads are completely gridlock!

I understand why people are sick and tired of all this vote buying. Thailand's going backwards with no infrastructure projects being pursued! Leave the farmers alone. Let them grow rice and sell it on the free market! That's the career they chose, so let them be happy! No more Vote Buying by anyone! It maybe already too late for Thailand to recover before manufacturing starts moving to Indonesia! Has anyone taken a Taxi in bangkok lately! I haven't because you can walk faster than a Taxi can move!

I live in Korat, so only occasionally need to visit BKK! I take BTS and MRT the whole time I spend there! Taxi's are a Joke!

• Like 2

It is all;

"Govt owes"

"Govt denies"

"Govt denounces"

Never'

"Govt alleviated"

"Govt share the blame"

One can be assured that even though these farmers will be paid compensation and be paid for their rice within weeks if they step aside to make way for an interim govt that will have full govt powers the PTP will not. They say they care, but their actions state otherwise.

An interim government by its very definition would be a caretaker government. It would not have legal authority to disburse funds. Only funds authorized by the House can be disbursed, Read the Constitution.

It amazes me how some refer to the constitution when it suits there agenda and denounce it when it doesn't.

After the PTP and it's supporters track record with interpreting the constitution I think I will stick to my original comment.

recommend an interim prime minister with "full powers" to replace the caretaker government with limited ones.

Unless of course you are the new PTP legal advisor and of which I can say with absolute confidence that you could only be better than the current legal team as no one can be any worse.

• Like 2

It is all;

"Govt owes"

"Govt denies"

"Govt denounces"

Never'

"Govt alleviated"

"Govt share the blame"

I don't agree. Nobody wants to pay the farmers.

They all say they do, but nobody does -- and actions speak louder than words.

Quite the twist here. The people in the North rant secession and oppose rulings of the courts and at the same time are asking for money from the GOV for drought relief. What will they do if they succede in secession? The majority dont pay taxes so money for relief would never be offered. If they dont accept the rule of law then maybe that relief money can disappear like the billions in the rice scheme did. Only no one would be held accountable.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I very much doubt they are the same people, the farmers are not the ones who are on the streets of BKK supporting the caretaker Govt, those are mostly the urban reds who are led by paid activists.

There is also an element of the rural elite led (coerced) by the government appointed provincial governors who in many cases have the power to hire and fire the village heads who must do what they are told on threat of dismissal or having the village funds withheld.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is all;

"Govt owes"

"Govt denies"

"Govt denounces"

Never'

"Govt alleviated"

"Govt share the blame"

Right on mate

To reply to this tread on Sunday, is a religious day for plenty of farangs and foreigners , therefore four letter words are not allowed, so to the PTP who instigated this shonky affair @@##@!!@@##$#$$$??and sit on it till ya cry cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Perhaps Suthep can help.

make payments? The caretaker government? You're kidding, right?

PTP doesn't make payments...........it takes payments, and all is in Thai equilibrium, henceforth.. or so it is believed.

• Like 1

Perhaps Suthep can help.

He is doing his best, but this illegitimate bunch of annoying pests won't go away and refuse to believe they have lost the plot!!!

• Like 2

Farmers affected by natural disasters

Is raping available assets, and the sending them abroad (as well as pocketing the majority of them) a natural disaster?

I'd personally say that is an organised disaster, created by a raping PTP government, and its member actors.

I could be wrong, however.

You are wrong. The caretaker government is not allowed to disburse any funds outside of already budgeted "maintenance expenditures.

Caretaker government is now caretaker goverment because it disbursed the funds before it became caretaker.

Or did you forget the timeline?

The 'maintenance expenditures' you clearly identify were clearly disbursed to personal bank accounts and to Dubai... or did you miss something again, in your timeline??

Perhaps Suthep can help.

He is doing his best, but this illegitimate bunch of annoying pests won't go away and refuse to believe they have lost the plot!!!

The sad part is, a farang poster dares name himself 'Thailand', as if we are all supposed to respect the... errmmm **nt or even acc***nym. ;)