Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?

ultimate weapon

Your description is pure conjecture, especially as western women do much the same.

Do the names Evanna Trump, Eli Nordgren, Heather Mills, Kim Kardassian, Kevin Federline not mean anything to you..??

If you are comparing with Americans (US or Canadian), then the term Farang (Farancet/Foreigner/white guy) doesn't apply, because of the tremendous intermixing on that continent. For the first few centuries, the immigrant males outnumbered the immigrant females by 40 to 60 to 1 (Mayflower 65 passengers [5 were women]).

So, IMHO, you are talking thru your hat.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look funseekers: if a village rascalette whose brother used to sell her to his homies for 300 baht mosai fill-ups hooks up with a retired tool-pusher from Krefeld and pops a kid or two with him she's made the big league.

There is no comparable class jump for most other Thai women because they simply lack the metrics and the references to quantify it.

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

• Like 1

"Increasing her social status by hooking up/marrying a farang?"

~

Make up your mind, man. Is it 'marrying up' or 'marrying farang"

It can't be both.

T

Like many people on this forum there's a certain inability to read posts from the beginning of a topic.

What's worse is when people eagerly skip to end for a reply and completely misquotes a board member by posting THIS.... (please pay attention)........

The post clearly states Hooking Up / Marrying a farang..... 'Marrying up' is not even mentioned and i believe it is the intention of the poster to express the term in Two forms so everyone gets it.......shame you didn't eh?

Oh, have many ideas. You have to separate bar girl and normal girl. Some may think like your topic but most of them not.

using "hooking" in the OP question may have been the wrong choice of word

you dont know a lot about Thailand or its culture do you, Most respectable Thai women would not be seen dead with a foreigner.

Then i know several High So Thai women that must be dead on legs. Several TV female personalities are also married to Farang.

Not to mention more than a couple of female members of the Royal Family.

Perhaps Thongkorn's information and research only extends as far as TV Forums.

You are incorrect. In Thailand, there is the Royal Family and then there is the extended Royal family made up of various relations who have no bearing to the matters of the actual Royal Family. In the actual Royal family no one is currently married to a foreigner.

• Like 1

~

It can't be both.

T

Like many people on this forum there's a certain inability to read posts from the beginning of a topic.

What's worse is when people eagerly skip to end for a reply and completely misquotes a board member by posting THIS.... (please pay attention)........

The post clearly states Hooking Up / Marrying a farang..... 'Marrying up' is not even mentioned and i believe it is the intention of the poster to express the term in Two forms so everyone gets it.......shame you didn't eh?

Admittedly, I'd changed one word ("hooking" to "marrying") for effect, but without changing the OP's intent. What do you think the words "increasing her social status" mean?

In your haste to accuse me of missing a detail, you seem to have missed the forest for the trees.

Congratulations on your attention to detail, but no prizes for comprehension.

T

• Like 1

~

It can't be both.

T

Admittedly, I'd changed one word ("hooking" to "marrying") for effect, but without changing the OP's intent. What do you think the words "increasing her social status" mean?

In your haste to accuse me of missing a detail, you seem to have missed the forest for the trees.

T

I apologise, I may have over reacted in my post.

Social status though i believe is one's position in society and there's two types.... "Earned" status - where one works their butt off to get there.

And "Inherited" status - where one may automatically become the boss of a parents business after sitting on their arse all their lives, Or as some would to argue simply "Hook up/Marry a Farang" to increase their social status and thus, their position in society.

Edited by whooshbang
  • Like 1

An interesting opinion to be sure, but not one that I subscribe to. I prefer the path of "Live and Let Live. I try not to analyze why people do or don't do things with their lives. I live my life and let others do the same without my Two-Satangs worth of scrutiny.

I'm happier as a result and can work better on my own personal defects.

Keep It Simple.

"Keep it Real" Ali G

Look funseekers: if a village rascalette whose brother used to sell her to his homies for 300 baht mosai fill-ups hooks up with a retired tool-pusher from Krefeld and pops a kid or two with him she's made the big league.

There is no comparable class jump for most other Thai women because they simply lack the metrics and the references to quantify it.

Wow selling his own sister just for some fill ups. How come the sister agreed to the deal.

Wow selling his own sister just for some fill ups. How come the sister agreed to the deal.

I think he might have read about it in Private Dancer.

~

It can't be both.

T

T

I apologise, I may have over reacted in my post.

Social status though i believe is one's position in society and there's two types.... "Earned" status - where one works their butt off to get there.

And "Inherited" status - where one may automatically become the boss of a parents business after sitting on their arse all their lives, Or as some would to argue simply "Hook up/Marry a Farang" to increase their social status and thus, their position in society.

Indeed.

Something akin to what you say did occur to me as I was reading the OP and I thought, "if this guy goes on to suggest that marrying a farang ipso facto increased a Thai woman's social status, I'm going to have to put my palm to my face and shake my head"--something I do tryingly often when reading TV. The OP though made no such suggestion, so I was spared.

Cheers/T

I think he might have read about it in Private Dancer.

Naw

She's come up in the world since Krefeld Deiter. These days she runs a dress shop in Pratunam these days and parcels out her tenders to a Czech gig and the occasional Eitihad purser.

I guess you just can't keep "one of the good ones"(as her never say die hubby refers to her). . . . Just can't keep her down.

Ya don't have to go to fiction for this encornuto stuff !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

It's mostly some thai girls usually poor most likely to be a bar girl. She hooks up with some farang and instantly she's like a celebrity. It's also on a racial basis because not only is she better than other thais she's also higher up compared to other asians like japanese for example.

Honestly speaking this is quite a common and misguided way some of them see it.

This is uttertosh. A bar girl higher in status than a Japanese woman? Not even in the most undeveloped backward twisted mind.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

The problem with threads like this is that there are those here that think every one who is married to a Thai woman has married an ex bar girl and will never believe that many of us are just married to ordinary women just like back home,just because they married a bar girl or read it in a book it must be true.

Maybe the ferang thinks he is increasing his status by having a hot young wife?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

NO! all i see is farang with ugly wife......it just amazes me to NO end.

• Like 1

Something tells me you are hansum,,,,,,,,,, Go on,,,,,,,,,,,,tell us,,,,,,,,,your hansum..............What a rascalllllllllll.........clap2.gif

Its a fair point... Some of the Western guys I see are walking around with some quite brutal looking women who've fallen out of the ugly tree hitting every branch on the way down before landing face first..... harsh but true...

However, I also see numbers of Thai guys also walking around with some brutal looking women...

......many of us are not fortunate enough to be in the beautiful club drinking Martini's...

It stands out when a gawd-awful looking lady is strutting her stuff along side buster-gonad in his singlet and denim shorts... Who's increasing their status ?

When walking around a shopping mall, average looking, well groomed mixed couples of similar age are hardly noticeable at all - they fall into our 'normal' category where our subconscious doesn't shout... 'OMG look at that'... (Yes, I know they could both be lovely and in most cases probably are)...

Increasing social status: I suspect that in 'normal' relationships the status neither improves or reduces, people have married / are dating within their socio-economic bandwidth.... Its those who jump their apparent socio-economic boundaries who appear to climb, we all know which demographic we are discussing, but even a very beautiful but very poor lady might end up with a very good looking man of moderate to wealthy means, whereas the girl who looks like a pit bull chewing a wasp will have very limited options - In Thailand those limited options include the white knight in shining armour and in some / many cases a leap in access to money...

In a society where money and wealth is so important, a negative image can be cleansed when bathed in the appearance of wealth... and if done so tastefully can be completely washed away... But in most cases 'taste' is a missing key ingredient....