New Office open for residence letter in Chiangmai

cnx355

I imagine that this change could significantly reduce the wait times for visas at the original immigration office?

Not necessarily as the certificate of residence were done in a separate box room just behind the main office.

However, if you have been following this forum, you will notice most people have very little waiting time.

I was at Imm yesterday afternoon,have to change stamp to new passport,was told come

back tomorrow now full.Was there this morning 8.05 they start working at 8.30 and was

told again,come back tomorrow,today full!!!!

Try waltzing in at 3pm and see if anyone will help you.

Most seem to have 100% success around this time.

I imagine that this change could significantly reduce the wait times for visas at the original immigration office?

Not necessarily as the certificate of residence were done in a separate box room just behind the main office.

However, if you have been following this forum, you will notice most people have very little waiting time.

I was at Imm yesterday afternoon,have to change stamp to new passport,was told come

back tomorrow now full.Was there this morning 8.05 they start working at 8.30 and was

Try waltzing in at 3pm and see if anyone will help you.

Most seem to have 100% success around this time.

I was there yesterday afternoon 15.10

Free in CNX until 2007 but that's in the past.

It was free for awhile after they started to re-issue the certificates again in 2013. We got our free one in 2014. I guess with all the turmoil in the country they think they can return to gauging "rich" foreigners once again just like the Thai banks are doing charging now 180B for ATM withdrawals using a foreign DC.

You can always go your embassy or consulate and pay their fee.wink.png

I accept picking the financial lesser of the 2 evils (greed) and but unlike the Frat character in Animal House being paddled, I am not going to smile and say "thank you sir, may I have another"

Edited by vagabond48
  • Like 2

That's surprising as it is a pretty simple task I would thought. Will be getting a new passport next month so this doesn't sound good. 10 years ago, took 10 minutes to do it.

That's surprising as it is a pretty simple task I would thought. Will be getting a new passport next month so this doesn't sound good. 10 years ago, took 10 minutes to do it.

Now you have to fill out a paper and you need copies of ALL your old passport pages and

a copy of the new passport photo page. And I think it is no more a quick fix.

American cuti zens cab pay US$50 (1,500B) fee at U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai. Not necessary if you're registered in a Thai household (yellow booklet). Need to document residence to renew/extend visa each year.

Likewise, need to document income each year, $50 fee at American Consulate. are there alternative ways to satisfy these requirements at Thai Immigration?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now you have to fill out a paper and you need copies of ALL your old passport pages and

a copy of the new passport photo page. And I think it is no more a quick fix.

Heave forbid the authorities would lessen the bureaucratic nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

re

There is a sign in Thai only posted outside the window of the old office.

the bottom three lines of this sign is not in english ?

i need my eyes tested sad.png

re

You deposit your documents there, pay 500 Bahts per letter,and you pick-up the residence letter the next day between 13h00 and 16h00.

its not free anymore ?

dave2

You are right Dave2, the sign posted has enough English. I should have written there was enough details in English to find the place but as you can see the description of the building in the grey area in only in Thai.

And yes,,,,the 500 bahts fee is back again.

cnx355

just a update,

rang my visa agent to morning,asking for a residency certicate(drivers licience renewal)

her reply was.... pick it up .at her office tues morningsmile.png

cost ..1500 baht, now thats what i call service worth paying forbiggrin.png

just a update,

rang my visa agent to morning,asking for a residency certicate(drivers licience renewal)

her reply was.... pick it up .at her office tues morning:)

cost ..1500 baht, now thats what i call service worth paying for:D

I call that a rip off for a free immigration service. Oh well - up to you facepalm.gif

• Like 1

just a update,

And she did this on the phone, without having your passport, lease/yellow book etc, and two recent photographs?

just a update,

her reply was.... pick it up .at her office tues morning:)

cost ..1500 baht, now thats what i call service worth paying for:D

I call that a rip off for a free immigration service. Oh well - up to you facepalm.gif

over 5 yrs that works out to less than 1 baht a daybiggrin.png i gave the sewer hole the the big kyberpass,a year ago getting my res/ cert where i had to fill in the form on the boot of a car in the car park.,as the sewer was full and rather smelly,whistling.gif from that time i have engaged a super agent,who has handled all my sewer needs,with very efficient ,cheerful service at a reasonable rate clap2.gif besides it gives me more drinking time laugh.png and darky me thinks no free res/cert these days, 500 baht a throw,but can be corrected on that, a nice morning to allsmile.png

just a update,

And she did this on the phone, without having your passport, lease/yellow book etc, and two recent photographs?

thats right,a 2 min19 sec,cell call

my super visa agent, has all the necessary docs etc etc, to execute,

i just haved to turn up next tues morning at her very nicely appointed office, to collect the res/cert , and pay for her outstanding services.as good as it comesbiggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

New office makes life easy... park outside door, walk in fill out form, hand over docs + 500Bt, out the door in under 10mins. Pick up letter 1pm tomorrow.

does anyone have a Google Earth address? Blowed if I can find it in street view.

or maybe it's easy to find.

New office makes life easy... park outside door, walk in fill out form, hand over docs + 500Bt, out the door in under 10mins. Pick up letter 1pm tomorrow.

does anyone have a Google Earth address? Blowed if I can find it in street view.

Sorry i don't but its basically the other side of the highway from Promenada,set 100 m or so back off the road,very Thai looking, old building so coming from south do a u turn come back to opp Promenada then drive in on the left on a partly dirt road. If you don't park within 10 m of the building a tattoed guy on a motor bike will come over and demand 20 baht as he says the land in front of the Immigration to the highway is his.Signs erected by immigration suggest you park close to their building. Yes it is 500 baht when before it was free....slight price increase.

Google map link

David

Edited by Tywais
Corrected link

Google map link

David

Thanks for the map!

Would that be the red or the yellow songtaew, and...... is 20 baht reasonable, or should I try to negotiate the fare? biggrin.png

• Like 1

just a update,

i just haved to turn up next tues morning at her very nicely appointed office, to collect the res/cert , and pay for her outstanding services.as good as it comesbiggrin.png

You didn't need a picture?... This seems odd as the residency certificate I got has my picture glued to it by immigration?... Btw the new office was great... The lady that handles the certificate is a dream I was in and out in 5 minutes with no waiting queuing... I did not begrudge her the 500 baht fee...

It would be awesome if they moved the 90 day reporting out there too!!!

Edited by sfokevin

just a update,

You didn't need a picture?... This seems odd as the residency certificate I got has my picture glued to it by immigration?... Btw the new office was great... The lady that handles the certificate is a dream I was in and out in 5 minutes with no waiting queuing... I did not begrudge her the 500 baht fee...

It would be awesome if they moved the 90 day reporting out there too!!!

Not sure it would be "awesome' for those who don't have car or a motor bike,getting out there by public transport ie songtheaw or tuk tuk.

As has been pointed out many times for 90 day reporting if you go late afternoon, its a 5 minute max procedure

just a update,

You didn't need a picture?... This seems odd as the residency certificate I got has my picture glued to it by immigration?...

as i already said,my super visa agent had all necessary docs,including my very handsome pics, to execute

furthermore when i picked up my res/cert she had all the necessary copys of my p/port pages needed for the renewal of my car licience(i just had to get a medical cert)

thats what i call personal professional service @ 1000 baht a pop ,plus a 500 baht fee at immgr of course

she has got me a ret.visa( zero baht in the bank) 6900 baht.. a re entry visa 1000 baht ,and now a res,cert,without the slightest hiccup

some gal is my super visa agentsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

• 2 weeks later...

Office location : 18.765258, 99.034693

Thanks for the map location.

Perhaps someone can help me out.

I'll be on the superhighway (11) heading South to the Promenada. Looking at the flow of traffic gmap and I can't find a nearby u-turn onto 1141/1317. Is there one that Google is not showing?

Is there any particular time you have to get to this office in the day to do the application? e.g. are afternoon applications possible?

Was there today you need to get the application in before 12 noon and you can pick it up after 1pm the following day...cost 500 b.Afternoon applications are possible but not sure if you would get in next day there seems to be a bit of confusion there as they were training new staff.

As I was in no hurry I went for the 15 day option which is free,yes a cheap charlie.

Of course things can change in a flash but that was at 1pm today,they are now located in the office to the left as you enter, in same room as the photocopying machines.

There is no signage...coming soon

I'll be on the superhighway (11) heading South to the Promenada. Looking at the flow of traffic gmap and I can't find a nearby u-turn onto 1141/1317. Is there one that Google is not showing?

Turn left onto the Sankamphaeng bypass road, passing Promenada, and do a U turn at the traffic lights.

A couple of questions.

I will be selling one bike and buying another. Can I get by with one CoR or do I need two? I don't mind getting two but no need if one will suffice.

Also, the original lease that I have for my condo has expired and we are doing month to moth. Have been doing that for over 2 years. Do I need to get a new lease or can the old one be paired with something like my paid 3BB or True Move bills to show I still live there?

Thanks

David

Turn left onto the Sankamphaeng bypass road, passing Promenada, and do a U turn at the traffic lights.

Thanks for the information. Your directions were exact.

I went to apply for a CR today. They gave me a slip with a July 15th date and asked for 500B. I said I am not in a hurry and without any further comment, the young lady cheerfully gave me another slip for July 28th at no charge so to confirm, the CR is free if you don't mind waiting another 10+ days. In my case, it was 2 days longer due to the Fri and Mon holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

Thai Visa saves the day again. Just weeny to apply for the residency letter. I'm quite sure I would have spent an hour finding the office if it wasn't for the picture posted here. Went to room #4. The whole process took less than 5 min. Back tomorrow to pick up the letter...