New Office open for residence letter in Chiangmai

cnx355

Man, I should have read to the Gmaps link - drove up and down the wrong road today for 30 minutes. At least I had the picture so a police officer showed me to the right path. Eventually. As any man knows, asking for directions is the last resort, only to be applied when all else has failed repeatedly.

Once I was there I was out again in 2 minutes. Paid 500 Baht / 1 day because these guys are super nice and really have a great service - there's copy machines right behind the desk to make those copies, I can't ask for more. They told me 10 days I can get it for free.

Here's the Google Maps link again: http://goo.gl/maps/3z03V

Edited by nikster

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know where I can find the new rules for the letter of residency?

I searched on Thai visa and immigration website but I can't find it.

Thanks for the information.

Anybody know if there's somewhere to get photos taken (near) there? Also, last time I renewed 5-year driving licences (car & motorbike), the transport office took just one letter and a photocopy, not two original letters. Anyone know if this is still the case?

Thanks.

I was there yesterday, yes that is still the case. get there early now as the queues have to be seen to be believed. You will be there at least half the day.

Thanks DN. I think I know why the queues. Rules for getting licences change next month, apparently. Oh well, not much choice.