retirement visa

I have been doing business for a number of years with a muli B visa usually in Thiland 2 week the back again in 4 weeks.

I see lots of facts about getting a retirment visa but all from entry or O visa

How do I do it with a B visa and what do I need in paper work.

Newbe

It is same for a non-b as having a non-o visa entry when you apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

You need the financial proof of having 800K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or 65K baht proven by a letter from your embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

• Like 1

It is same for a non-b as having a non-o visa entry when you apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement (it is not a visa).

You need the financial proof of having 800K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or 65K baht proven by a letter from your embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Is that monthly, quarterly, yearly?

I could use some clarification on this as I am exploring Visa options.

For example, Social Security will pay me about $1700 USD (Approx. 55k BHT per month and approx. 660,000 BHT per year) if I retire at age 62. If I wait about 5 years, I will meet the 65k BHT monthly retirement requirement, but would prefer to retire to the LOS at age 62 instead of age 67

So if I have a guaranteed income of 55k BHT per month via SS (660,000 BHT per year) would I only need to deposit 140,000k BHT in a Thai bank to meet the 800k BHT requirement, or is it based on monthly or quarterly income, or something else?

Can any Visa expert clarify how the "combo" retirement Visa works?

Thanks.

For example, Social Security will pay me about $1700 USD (Approx. 55k BHT per month and approx. 660,000 BHT per year) if I retire at age 62. If I wait about 5 years, I will meet the 65k BHT monthly retirement requirement, but would prefer to retire to the LOS at age 62 instead of age 67

So if I have a guaranteed income of 55k BHT per month via SS (660,000 BHT per year) would I only need to deposit 140,000k BHT in a Thai bank to meet the 800k BHT requirement, or is it based on monthly or quarterly income, or something else?

Thanks.

It is total annual income. Your example of 660k baht annual income plus 140k baht in the bank is correct. Of course you should have a bit more in the bank to allow for a exchange rate change because they will calculate your income of the date you apply.

The rule only requires the money to be in the bank when you apply for the extension. There are few offices that will want the money to be in the bank for 60 days when doing the first extension and then 90 days after that.

• Like 1

Thanks.

It is total annual income. Your example of 660k baht annual income plus 140k baht in the bank is correct. Of course you should have a bit more in the bank to allow for a exchange rate change because they will calculate your income of the date you apply.

The rule only requires the money to be in the bank when you apply for the extension. There are few offices that will want the money to be in the bank for 60 days when doing the first extension and then 90 days after that.

Thanks for the clarification. This will make it a lot easier and I can bank the 25k USD for unexpected expenses and emergencies as opposed to having it tied up in a Thai bank for retirement Visa requirements.

This way, I only have to put about $4750 USD in my retirement Visa account as opposed to $25,000 USD

I just hope they don't raise the minimum within the next couple of years when I make the move to the LOS

Thanks again. Your information is very much appreciated.

I jump in here and ask do immigration then want to confirm with every 90 day report that I still have the money?Or after I get my yearly extension I can remove

the money and then put back 90 days before the next yearly extension?

I jump in here and ask do immigration then want to confirm with every 90 day report that I still have the money?Or after I get my yearly extension I can remove

the money and then put back 90 days before the next yearly extension?

The 90 day reports are just a report that you are staying longer than 90 days and nothing more.

You only have to prove your income when you apply for your annual extension..

The more difficult thing i have faced at the time to open an account in Thailand for my retirement visa application most of the banks asked me for work permit or retirement visa but how to get the visa if i dont have an account opened, how can you get money in? Fortunately only one bank accepted after recommendation from my lawyer. I recommend that if you are having lot of funds in Thailand and living on your own, you shud better have a will done in Thai language so that in case something happen, the funds can go to the person you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The more difficult thing i have faced at the time to open an account in Thailand for my retirement visa application most of the banks asked me for work permit or retirement visa but how to get the visa if i dont have an account opened, how can you get money in? Fortunately only one bank accepted after recommendation from my lawyer. I recommend that if you are having lot of funds in Thailand and living on your own, you shud better have a will done in Thai language so that in case something happen, the funds can go to the person you want to.

I will likely spend my first year in Thailand on an ED Visa so I can get a bank account and also learn Thai and get to know the country and the people.

With an ED Visa, it's easier to get a bank account, a DL, an apt, etc...plus I will learn some Thai.

After that, if I decided I like it there and wish to spend the rest of my retirement in Thailand I will then opt for the retirement Visa.

I was not under the impression that a Thai bank account was a prerequisite to obtaining a non-immigrant visa for retirement. Certainly the Thai Embassy in London did not require this of me when I successfully applied for my original OA visa there 6 years ago.

On the other hand, a Thai bank account is, of course, a prerequisite to obtaining subsequent annual extensions of stay for retirement - particularly where finances are being proved on the basis of 800,000 THB seasoned for 2 months (in the case of the first extension) or 3 months (in the case of subsequent extensions).

Edited by OJAS

Yes i opted for the 800k deposit which was simpler for me, i could not start my visa from my country of origin because there is no Thai embassy there instead i travelled with a normal tourist visa and appointed a laywer to do it on arrival, 3 photos, passport, a certificate of morality and a proof of the funds certified by the bank were required.

"...certificate of morality..."

That's new.

Can you explain what it is?

In my country we call it like this but it could be called in another way in other countries : its the certificate from the Police which certify that you have been cleared of any conviction

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had a DUI Conviction 36 years ago (1978). Would that affect a Visa retirement application?

Or are they mostly concerned about Felony convictions and other types of crimes?

Thanks.

I had a DUI Conviction 36 years ago (1978). Would that affect a Visa retirement application?

Or are they mostly concerned about Felony convictions and other types of crimes?

Thanks.

Only for an O-A visa do you need a police check, you do not need one for a regular non-O visa based on retirement.

But such old conviction will probably not be a problem anyway and you might even be able to aks it to be removed from your file.