Bangkok Roads affected by troop deployments

webfact

Roads affected by troop deployments
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Following the declaration of martial law, troops have been deployed to man several Bangkok streets to prevent violence as following:

- Inbound Don Mueng-Din Daeng Tollway. Troops are stationed near the Royal Thai Police Club and the exit near Din Daeng Intersection. Vehicles can pass through the checkpoints slowly.

- Inbound Bang Na-Trat highway. The traffic is partially closed at the Bang Na Intersection. Vehicles cannot make a right turn to Sukhumvit Road but they can drive ahead to Sanphawut Road and use a flyover to Sukhumvit Road. The Bang Na gate of the expressway is also closed. Only passenger buses and vans are allowed to use the expressway gate.

- Inbound New Ramkhamhaeng Road. Troops are stationed under Eastern Ring Road Intersection. Only one lane is passable.

- Inboudn Rama II Road. Troops are stationed on Soi 80. The main road is closed. Motorists must use the frontage road.

- Buddha Monthon 4 and Liabklong Thaweewattana Road. Troops close the traffic. Vehicles are not allowed to use the two roads.

- Outbound Rajdamri Road. The traffic is closed from Saladaeng Intersection to Ratchaprasong Intersection. All lanes are closed until the spot under the BTS Rajdamri. All vehicles must make U-turn. The other side of the road is passable.

- Outbound Ratanathibet Road. The frontage road in front of the Thai Com station is closed.

The Jor Por Ror Intersection is closed to traffic. Vehicles from Rama VIII Bridge must use the Ratchasima Road to head to the Wisutthikasat Intersection.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-20

I see traffic moving on top and bottom roads at BangNa-Trat km 14 near King Keaw road. Where exactly is it closed to traffic into town ?

At the junction with Sukhumvit Road, it says. I'm at km 8 and the traffic's very heavy. My mother in law just took 3 hours to drive here from Minburi because of Ramkhamheang Road!

Army personnel and several vehicles mounted with GPMGs at the intersection of Lam Luk Ka road (Khlong 5) and Kanchanipisek Road tollway early this morning. All vehicles being checked before being allowed on the tollway. Massive tail back. Apparently they were concerned of weapons and/or armed terrorists coming from Korat and cutting across via Lam Luk Ka road rather than using the Nakhon Nayak road into Rangsit. Still there when we returned from the school run about hour and half later.

How about the Bangna Trad area, around Central Bangna. I use this way to get onto Srinakarin to get to my home...

If anyone could provide map with check points, I would really appreciate it.

Did they announce any curfew yet???

Thanks in advance....

Edited by MaxLee

While the Army is at it, maybe they can re-open the Chaeng Wattana Government Complex and Government House and assure government workers can work in a safe environment without threats and intimidation from anti-PTP protesters. While democracy is the greatest form of governmental institution a people can have, it is also the most vulnerable to anarchy. Without a measured and determined physical protection of a democratic institution, anarchy becomes a "force multiplier" that allows a minority to suppress the majority rule.