Ousted Thai PM Thaksin says martial law must not 'destroy' democracy

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as many of you revile the man, there is little doubt, if Thaksin stood in an election tomorrow he would walk it.

Sorry . . . that is just my opinion (edited)

I think he would wind up lying in a pool of blood first. Agitated and crossed too many powerful opponents and did too many wrongs to too many key players. I know what you mean vote-wise, if he has the cashto pay for the election.

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

...............are you being sarcastic or is that a genuine response?.....................coffee1.gif

Possibly hyperbole, but not sarcasm. I genuinely believe he was the best PM Thailand has had. I'm not blind to his flaws, but I'm also not blind to the flaws of other Thai politicians. Is he corrupt? Almost certainly. But is he more corrupt than others? Probably not. Politicians and soldiers and police colonels and generals in Thailand all drive Jaguars or Mercedes. Thaksin at least pandered to the poor, decreased infant mortality, and has been at the forefront on a cultural transition from the old feudal system towards modern democracy. Is he perfect? No. Is he the devil? No. Anyway, what I think doesn't matter as much as what the people of Thailand think, and they have said, over and over, that they prefer him or his proxies to anyone else on offer.
You must be stupid or trolling, witch is it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

"100 years from now his statue will be everywhere,...." cheesy.gif

Maybe everywhere all over the ground.

Lenin, Stalin, Saddam, Assad. More falls.

attachicon.gifLenin&Stalin.jpgattachicon.giffallen lenin.jpgattachicon.giffall Sadaam.jpgattachicon.giffallen assad.jpg

There is only one man in Thailand worthy of a statue and we all know his name and it ain't Thaksin.

RC,

They guy thinks it's all a big joke. He seems to be completely oblivious to reality, either that or he's sick.

Edited by neverdie

The caretaker government wanted Martial Law - it is the only way to have elections and stop the PDRC/Suthep/Fake Monk.

This is why Thaksin says its expected............. it was, totally expected. The only way to stop the Judiciary from protecting the PDRC was Martial Law........... now its in the Judiciary are powerless and the army can oversee elections. Was it Martial Law agreed over Skype ?

This is what Surapong said on the 16th of May........

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Surapong-voices-support-for-martial-law-30233791.html

"But they may control the situation to prevent violence by declaring martial law, which is not a coup," Surapong said.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved. And I believe that if the martial law is declared nationwide, the election can be held."

You think this is an arrangement between Thaksin, the PTP and the army???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

They have chopped the balls off CAPO/UDD

The people still have the right to a national strike by the way.

The senate will now be able to appoint a new PM and cabinet with no threats from anyone.

Your silly little quote from the lizard man was nothing but a twisted and spun response to Prayuth's threat of full military force if the violence from the reds using war weapons did not stop after yet another three protesters lost their lives. He wasn't predicting a martial law, I bet he is as shocked as anyone.

I am guessing that the fact the army caught a cabinet minister with a cache of M16s in his car didn't help.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved"

Nope.... CAPO HQ was stormed and everyone booted out, including Lizard Man.

You are unknowingly celebrating a PDRC victory and you don't even know it.

Boy are we going to have some fun with you in the coming weeks.

I think maybe we have another one who has been out in the sun too long wai.gif

I like the the way the little man uses the word ''WE''.......he's been reading too many gestapo stories

"The Puppeteer" believes in democracy, as long as he is given a pardon/ amnesty, his forfeited monies are returned & his overall fortune remains intact!!

That's fair & democratic isn't it??

• Like 1

...............are you being sarcastic or is that a genuine response?.....................coffee1.gif

Possibly hyperbole, but not sarcasm. I genuinely believe he was the best PM Thailand has had. I'm not blind to his flaws, but I'm also not blind to the flaws of other Thai politicians. Is he corrupt? Almost certainly. But is he more corrupt than others? Probably not. Politicians and soldiers and police colonels and generals in Thailand all drive Jaguars or Mercedes. Thaksin at least pandered to the poor, decreased infant mortality, and has been at the forefront on a cultural transition from the old feudal system towards modern democracy. Is he perfect? No. Is he the devil? No. Anyway, what I think doesn't matter as much as what the people of Thailand think, and they have said, over and over, that they prefer him or his proxies to anyone else on offer.
You must be stupid or trolling, witch is it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hmm. Who is making a rational argument here, and who is throwing insults, but not attempting to employ either reason or fact. Which (not witch) approach is more intelligent in your view?

• Like 2

For all of you on here that troll and think it great to make Thaksin the hero, the guy who looks after the people and human rights. Take a look at this video uploaded in 2006 (you will find part 2 to the side of it on youtube). All of you that harp on about the 'crackdown in 2010', all of you that think Abhisit is the bad guy. All of you that live here and love this country, watch and see the true nature of this man, your hero. remember to click on the source and watch part 2. If you still support Thaksin after this, you either did not watch the video or you are the same calibre of person as your hero. And you wonder why there are 'problems now in the South'! See why.

Thanks Jim. I think we all need to be reminded of that horrible event. And its true that Thaksin was PM then. But its also true that was done by the military and not at his direct order. There are others that could also be accused in that crime, people more directly responsible. I hope you will also hold them to the same standard, as well as other politicians who have ordered soldiers to shoot people.

The Audacity of you to suggest "I think we all need to be reminded of that horrible event".

Perhaps you may have needed to be educated about a few 'facts' but please stop speaking for me and anyone else here. Some of us here didn't just blow into Thailand yesterday and some of us don't find it real amusing either when someone so ignorant tries to speak for all. Capiche?

Wow! You are very rude. My feelings are hurt.

No, there's absolutely nothing rude about my post. I even use the word 'Please'.

So now, why not call it a day buddy? Try to understand that there's absolutely nothing funny about people bleeding. How would you like it if someone was so flippant about the people where you are from? I'm not sure which hole you crawled out of but I'm sure you wouldn't like it.

Edited by neverdie

No, there's absolutely nothing rude about my post. I even use the word 'Please'.

So now, why not call it a day buddy? Try to understand that there's absolutely nothing funny about people bleeding. How would you like it if someone was so flippant about the people where you are from? I'm not sure which hole you crawled out of but I'm sure you wouldn't like it.

I don't think I have ever been flippant about blood being spilled in Thailand. I was and remain horrified by what happened at Tak Bai. I was and remain horrified by all of the democracy demonstrators gunned down by the military since the 1970s. I'm simply not afflicted with the weird psychosis that sees the hand of Thaksin behind all bad things in Thailand. Thaksin is a man that puts his pants on one leg at a time, like other men. He is not a superman, able to influence all events in Thailand. There are other politicians here, including in the military, playing their own game.

I don't think I have ever been flippant about blood being spilled in Thailand. I was and remain horrified by what happened at Tak Bai. I was and remain horrified by all of the democracy demonstrators gunned down by the military since the 1970s. I'm simply not afflicted with the weird psychosis that sees the hand of Thaksin behind all bad things in Thailand. Thaksin is a man that puts his pants on one leg at a time, like other men. He is not a superman, able to influence all events in Thailand. There are other politicians here, including in the military, playing their own game.

What psychosis? Who said that. Thanksin only needs to front up to what he is responsible for, nothing more, nothing less. Same goes for the rest of them IMHO. A good brush needs to be run right through the place, but nobody here is going to make that happen from their Thai Visa keyboard, are they?

You are right about games being played, so wouldn't you agree that no more of them are needed on here?

• Like 1

yes destroying democracy is his job.....don't need the army for that

...were you sleeping the last 10 years???? So you think, Suthep's attempt to introduce himself as a (NON ELECTED=DEMOCRACY) interim prime minister is a democratic act???? Go on sleeping, man!1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif Don't waste our time.

What was that slogan again?

Let's see.

Oh yes, I remember.

"Thaksin thinks, Phua Thai acts"

• Like 1

This could be the weirdest post I've ever read on TV. blink.png

• Like 2

Comedians everywhere today.

Well you earn your red star again today, btw, how maney do you have now?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The irony of this is wild, this clown has done more damage to thai society and its evolving democracy than any other individual. He bribed his way through his first election fraud and carried on throwing billions of baht into his own bank account. The end of the sin era is long overdue.

He won every election he ever contested fair and square. You just cannot admit that can you? The majority of people in Thailand prefer him to your buffoonish clowns and goose-stepping toadies. Just admit it (you know its true).

Give it a rest towny,only funny 1st time,now sounds like you actually believe your own BS.

• Like 1

In Town, may I know how much you were paid? Can I join in the benefits?

Except - Thaksin wins elections, wins elections, wins elections. Get it?

These guys win elections as well:

North Korea's Kim Jong-un gets 100% of 'yes' votes in election

Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

• Like 1

Except - Thaksin wins elections, wins elections, wins elections. Get it?

These guys win elections as well:

North Korea's Kim Jong-un gets 100% of 'yes' votes in election

Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

Hey! These guys did even better than Abhisit!. He only got 98% of the vote, even though he was the only candidate, when the Democrat party allowed 35 of their dear leaders to vote.

Rationality is a pearl beyond price.

• Like 1