UK vehicle SORN from Thailand

My car is back in Blighty, stored off-road and I need to do its statutory off-road notice again for this year. Trouble is, the logbook seems to be lost and no reminder has been sent to the home address by the DVLC.

Does anyone know the exact number to call DVLC Swansea from Thailand? If anyone has done this recently, I'd appreciate it.

Dan

*Edited to add that I have just found an email contact form if anyone ever needs to use it:

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en/vehicle_9_4.html

Edited by danstarr

Cheers Woodsie, that's different from the number I found so will give that a go.

+44 906 185 8585

You're welcome. You'll have noticed that it's a premium rate number. Might not work from here.

Getting a regular landline number for any DVLA branch is nigh on impossible nowadays.

You can contact them by email of course.

I've got family on the case now but if they still can't find the logbook, I'll try emailing them using that link. I thought once you'd SORNed a vehicle, that was it but lucky I read my emails informing me that it is for 12 months only.

Call +44 1792 782341

This is geographic number, press 2 (Calling from abroad)

That's the driving licence department. Hopefully he finds someone happy to put him through to the correct department.smile.png

Call +44 1792 782341

This is geographic number, press 2 (Calling from abroad)

That's the driving licence department. Hopefully he finds someone happy to put him through to the correct department.smile.png

Press 2 (calling from abroad) then 3 for (Vehicle enquiries), then 3 again (SORN)....

Really? That is great news.. thanks for the update!

Starting this year, SORNs don't need to be renewed each year. You can check the SORN status of your vehicle online at DVLC.

From the DVLA website;

When is a SORN valid

Your SORN is valid until your vehicle is taxed, sold or scrapped.

Your vehicle must be in and remain in Great Britain for your SORN to be valid.