Pirelli Sport Demon tyres for CBR 250 - any good?

roly

You're right - these would be even better. Stupid question but what's the difference between:

110/70 R 17 M/C 54H TL - 2 BAR

and

110/70 R 17 M/C 54H TL ( R ) - 2 BAR

Edited by roly

Depending on what you do with the bike I have a Kawi 650 but don't do any track days. I replaced IRC tires (same reason) & got Pirelli Diablo 2 rossi's I went through them quicker than I would have liked but they are a kick ass tire. Or your other option is the Pirrelli Angel GT's that are fantastis like the Diablo's but you can get up to 4000 extra kilo's I have heard. And after having both tires I can't notice the difference at all at 120 or 190 kph same as the Diablo's or at least to me . If I were into track days I would get the Diablo's over the Angels. Both are awesome. Just figure out what you are going to be doing with your bike & you can make the decision pretty easy. It is a no brainer. 4 riders at Bira all on TV. suggested since I didn't do track days to save the extra money & get the Angels. Words of wisdom!

• Like 2

Same here. Still on stock but it's time to replace my tyres before the wet season arrives.

As I don't have too many mountain roads or anything too exciting to ride on I'll go for something in the same price range as the IRC tyres plus a couple of thousand extra. I must admit though that the IRC tyres aren't too bad, they've only given me one or two scary moments of the past year and a half.

Same here. Still on stock but it's time to replace my tyres before the wet season arrives.

As I don't have too many mountain roads or anything too exciting to ride on I'll go for something in the same price range as the IRC tyres plus a couple of thousand extra. I must admit though that the IRC tyres aren't too bad, they've only given me one or two scary moments of the past year and a half.

That's one or two too much.

If you're not pushing the bike and tires on the track or road get the Sport Demon's. Grippy and last a long time. No need for the Rosso's. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im looking at the same thing for my 250, My IRC are shot though I got a lot of K's out of them and just got a price for Pirelli's from my local guy (not honda service center) which was 8k for both. That's a little over twice the price as the stock tires, does any one know if that sounds right?

Im looking at the same thing for my 250, My IRC are shot though I got a lot of K's out of them and just got a price for Pirelli's from my local guy (not honda service center) which was 8k for both. That's a little over twice the price as the stock tires, does any one know if that sounds right?

No, it does not.

Sport demons has to be way cheaper. Even rosso2s are cheaper than this price for cbr250r.

According to Thai websites they should be no more than 6000B for the pair. Rosso IIs are 7500-8000B.

Are you in Bangkok? Try Showpow in onnut. They have a good reputation.

Dragon Supercorsa are what I use on my Ninja 250....great grip and last ~8000 km. Only down side is that they only come in 150/60 rear which does correct the speedo a bit but is not as optimal on such a small bike.

According to Thai websites they should be no more than 6000B for the pair. Rosso IIs are 7500-8000B.

Are you in Bangkok? Try Showpow in onnut. They have a good reputation.

I was planning on getting new tyres for my Ninja this weekend. I contacted Showpow about the Rosso IIs and they are sold out of the front tyre until next month. They have Sport Demons at 5750B for the pair.

Does anyone have Sport Demons? How are they on the Ninja?

Sounds like I should be looking at about 5-6 for the pair then, Im not in BKK but would order, going to have a look around the net, anyone know a good site to order tires. I dont think my guys trying to screw me since I've been using him a long time but he might be getting screwed and or looking at some other top end pirellis. I know his Thai customers get the very top end but lets face it folks were talking about a CBR 250 here.

Sounds like I should be looking at about 5-6 for the pair then, Im not in BKK but would order, going to have a look around the net, anyone know a good site to order tires. I dont think my guys trying to screw me since I've been using him a long time but he might be getting screwed and or looking at some other top end pirellis. I know his Thai customers get the very top end but lets face it folks were talking about a CBR 250 here.

Call Charley directly....she'll EMS them to wherever you need them. I am in no way affiliated with her or the company, just an extremely satisfied customer.

[email protected]

089 003 8886