Visa to enter Indonesia

eljuwa

Hello Forum members

I am an American citizen, presently living in Thailand.

I wish to know the visa requirements for me to enter Indonesia for 6 days.

The cost and whether it is Visa on arrival.

Thanks very much

James

This is James and I started this topic.

Digitalbanana posted a response that says " $25 for VOA and also a web-site." Thanks

Showbags posting says " VOA for 6 days " Cost of this was not included. Thanks

My query now is " Is this VOA for 6 days still allowed and permitted by the Indonesian authorities ? If so, what is the cost.

Thanks very much

James

I can confirm from personal experience that the visa situation in Indonesia is much easier and cheaper than Thailand. Arrived with a 30-day tourist visa ($25), extended for 1 more month (around $15), found a good visa agent, left for a week, returned and got a business visa through the agent valid for 1 year without the need to stay 1 year in Indonesia. You're allowed to go out of the country unlimited times without losing the visa. Total cost about $250 for a year. I don't actually do business in Indonesia either. I work remotely by computer and get paid in the EU (freelancer). There are also other visa types that are easy to get, including visitor visas, family visas, etc. It's just a matter of paying the fee to the agent who does everything for you. You don't even need to go to Immigration personally. Indonesia makes it so easy to stay long term as a foreigner. I am an EU citizen and I believe the same visa rules apply to US, Canadian, Australia, NZ etc. citizens but I'm not sure if they would apply to people from other parts of the world. Totally different experience to the illogical and difficult visa rules in Thailand, which is why thousands of expats are now moving to Indonesia, especially Bali where I live most of the time. Thailand has shot itself in the foot with its terrible visa laws and its inability to enforce the rule of law in the country and resolve its political deadlock. I'm mostly skipping Thailand and basing myself in Bali from now on. Anyway, as I said, with some Indonesian visas, you can still travel anywhere without losing your visa. It's a brilliantly designed system.

^^ I would not say brilliantly designed system.

I am looking at circa $2/3000 for visa for my family to live in bali.....and thats not work or any real permanent visa, based on extensions etc......if company and WP's etc and family visas, looking circa $5k

I work there and can confirm VOA at $25. There is also and exit tax and airport taxes at all airports you will need to pay.. I have a tax card so dont have to pay the exit tax at the airport but it used to be approx US$100.. No idea what it is these days

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I work there and can confirm VOA at $25. There is also and exit tax and airport taxes at all airports you will need to pay.. I have a tax card so dont have to pay the exit tax at the airport but it used to be approx US$100.. No idea what it is these days

Departure tax is 200,000 rupiah ($17) since April 2014. Before that, it was 150,000 rupiah for many years. Not sure why you had to pay $100??? Sounds like someone may have ripped you off. However, in Bali you can rent a nice small apartment (1-bedroom) for $300 a month that would cost at least $500 and probably $600 a month for an identical apartment in Bangkok or Phuket. Western food is also considerably cheaper in Bali than it is in Thailand, where it's sold very overinflated prices by a few oligopolistic companies. For example, I know places in Bali (main tourist area) where you can get an excellent varied buffet dinner (Western and Asian options, and all top quality) for 150,000 rupiah net (about $12) in big hotels, and an equivalent buffet in Bangkok or Phuket would cost you double that. Even taxis are cheaper in Bali and don't refuse to use the meter or take a long route as they do in Bangkok. I know writing this is going off on a bit of a tangent, but overall Bali is already a much cheaper place than Thailand's top spots like Phuket, Bangkok and Samui.

The $100 may only gave been for expats working there as they changed it to $250 if you could not produce your Tax ID Card, if you produced it you didnt pay anything.. So possibly just a tax payment and not required by tourists..

OP, it's $25, VOA, for 30 days I believe. You pay at a booth right before the Immigration booths. Can pay in euro, Aussie etc but they'll charge more on the exchange.

Only cash btw. It's the quickest VOA on the planet possibly. They don't go thru your passport, just hand them the cash, they give you a receipt which you take to the Immigration booth.

Departure tax is 200,000 rupiah ($17) since April 2014. Before that, it was 150,000 rupiah for many years. Not sure why you had to pay $100??? Sounds like someone may have ripped you off. However, in Bali you can rent a nice small apartment (1-bedroom) for $300 a month that would cost at least $500 and probably $600 a month for an identical apartment in Bangkok or Phuket. Western food is also considerably cheaper in Bali than it is in Thailand, where it's sold very overinflated prices by a few oligopolistic companies. For example, I know places in Bali (main tourist area) where you can get an excellent varied buffet dinner (Western and Asian options, and all top quality) for 150,000 rupiah net (about $12) in big hotels, and an equivalent buffet in Bangkok or Phuket would cost you double that. Even taxis are cheaper in Bali and don't refuse to use the meter or take a long route as they do in Bangkok. I know writing this is going off on a bit of a tangent, but overall Bali is already a much cheaper place than Thailand's top spots like Phuket, Bangkok and Samui.

Agree...thought the $100 did not sound right.

As for food, yes we had one of the best pizzas for a long time in Seminyak and was circa 250b...same same in Bangkok between 3 and 400b.

But, I disagree with taxis...for short very quick trips yes, but if you stay in one for any distance, then they are considerably more than Bangkok taxi fares.

The $100 may only gave been for expats working there as they changed it to $250 if you could not produce your Tax ID Card, if you produced it you didnt pay anything.. So possibly just a tax payment and not required by tourists..

You are talking about the old Fiscal Tax they took from people on a work permit. The o/p didn't say he/she was off to work there. If so would need a business visa before going. The Fiscal tax has since been stopped at the airport.

Correct.. As i was never there as a tourist I wasnt sure what their exit tax was.. So was suggesting for him to also ensure he has sufficient rupiah on him otherwise he could find himself stuck/delayed.